What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

19 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

There are many in your situation in regards to risking overstaying their visa. Looks like the Thai officials are willing to help out those in that situation.

Thai tourism minister plans help for tourists stranded and worried about overstaying visas

Minister Phiphat told the Bangkok Post that he is going to discuss the matter with the Interior Ministry and Immigration Bureau. He says he plans to seek a temporary reprieve for these tourists as well as visa extensions for those whose countries have been affected. He will also ask the authorities not to blacklist overstayers.

Edited to add: Just saw this posted on PA.

Already tales of woe coming in with respect to visa extensions, with overstay fines being applied (Phuket) and 7 days being given to leave the country (Jomtien).  Although I suspect there's more to these individual cases than meets the eye, you can't help think that the situation won't be handled well.

Edited by KWA

At the beach cantine for lunch. A few fellow expats, and a few tourists.

Waitresses having a good laugh together. 

Tmrw is "Nyepi" important.cultural ceremony day in Bali. Do you think local people will run from it or hide at home ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyepi

For the end of the world, I'll see tmrw when I wake up.

f**k the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

At the beach cantine for lunch. A few fellow expats, and a few tourists.

Waitresses having a good laugh together. 

Tmrw is "Nyepi" important.cultural ceremony day in Bali. Do you think local people will run from it or hide at home ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyepi

For the end of the world, I'll see tmrw when I wake up.

f**k the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

They'll stay off the streets and hide at home with the lights off .... that's what Nyepi is all about ... 

Edited by Stillearly

47 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

don't you need to isolate when returning back to UK ? 

You are allowed to go for a walk on you own providing you keep a safe distance from other people. You are only allowed to walk with others in a small group, if they are immediate members of your household. 

• Like 1

Just now, KhunDon said:

You are allowed to go for a walk on you own providing you keep a safe distance from other people. You are only allowed to walk with others in a small group, if they are immediate members of your household. 

I thought that was for normal isolation not people returning to the UK ...

actually not sure if there are any rules for people returning to the UK , unless they show symptoms... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

actually not sure if there are any rules for people returning to the UK , unless they show symptoms... 

I’m not sure anyone knows exactly what the rules are. For instance, the government say that you can have one walk or period of exercise per day outside of your home, providing you stay away from other people. Not sure how they will police that! 

Watching Newsnight on the TV at the moment and the discussion is “are building workers essential workers” as most building sites are still open. 
lots of ambiguity in the statements and rules from government at the moment. 🙃

14 hours ago, Stillearly said:

don't you need to isolate when returning back to UK ? 

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I chose to self isolate from the time I returned, if you have no symptoms you are allowed to take a walk every day as long as you are on your own. Where I live it is very quiet and I can wander off for miles into remote tracks and fields etc. The odd person that I met yesterday were very appreciative when I crossed the road way before meeting them.

Obviously if you develope symptoms then you are going to be house bound.

• Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Not sure what happened with this loaf of bread, it’s twice as big as planned.

If I had 4 more and a couple of tins of sardines, I could feed the 5 thousand.  😁

F68E967C-3AD6-4FAD-990F-9CB8C3B353C1.jpeg

Wow, that's one mighty big loaf for sure!

3 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Wow, that's one mighty big loaf for sure!

I used the normal amount of yeast to flour, but I suspect I doubled the sugar by accident, so the yeast had a field day feeding on it. Still tasted great toasted this morning for breakfast. 🤗

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

I used the normal amount of yeast to flour, but I suspect I doubled the sugar by accident, so the yeast had a field day feeding on it. Still tasted great toasted this morning for breakfast. 🤗

You can't beat freshly made bread especially if it's still warm with proper butter on it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

I chose to self isolate from the time I returned, if you have no symptoms you are allowed to take a walk every day as long as you are on your own. Where I live it is very quiet and I can wander off for miles into remote tracks and fields etc. The odd person that I met yesterday were very appreciative when I crossed the road way before meeting them.

Obviously if you develope symptoms then you are going to be house bound.

I'm the same, within reason. I'm keeping away from the vulnerable,  and getting friends to do shopping for me.

However, as I understand it, if you've returned you carry on as the general population unless you show symptoms.

22 hours ago, Krapow said:

Have a Tesco delivery coming at between 9 and 10.

I ordered £79 worth, though just checked my Bank app and the 'pending' payment to Tesco's shows £41, just over half ffs, so loads currently unavailable. 

I've just had a Tesco order delivered, organised whilst away. I ordered £80 worth, but when I checked last night over half the items were unavailable. I changed the order, but still some has not been delivered.

• Like 2