What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

She who wears the trousers (in her mind, anyway) wants to go to shopping mall "to borrow aircon". Find mall on google maps, just around the corner.  Except its shut, and some time ago as its empty.

She finds another, about 2 miles away.  I offer to take a tuktuk. No, "not far, we walk". I point out it's a long way. She insists it's close, and we walk....

5 minutes later, she wants tuktuk..... I point out it's close, waste of money for tuktuk, and keep walking.

We've just arrived, and she's collapsed on seat, not talking to me! Result. Looks like my wallet is staying shut!!

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Painter said:

She who wears the trousers (in her mind, anyway) wants to go to shopping mall "to borrow aircon". Find mall on google maps, just around the corner.  Except its shut, and some time ago as its empty.

She finds another, about 2 miles away.  I offer to take a tuktuk. No, "not far, we walk". I point out it's a long way. She insists it's close, and we walk....

5 minutes later, she wants tuktuk..... I point out it's close, waste of money for tuktuk, and keep walking.

We've just arrived, and she's collapsed on seat, not talking to me! Result. Looks like my wallet is staying shut!!

Most commendable in my view.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, john luke said:

Despite the threats and dangers of Corvid 19 Virus a meeting of the Coffee and Cap Club was held today.  What was described as fruit cake was more like Soren Fruit loaf except not by any means as nice , rich or fruity.

untitled-0370.jpg

The Coffee and Face-mask Club.

• Haha 3

Looking at my (modest) portfolio after last night massacre...

A 10,8 % hit, probably the worst I ever took.  

FFS, some O&G related stocks on my "watchlist" took 30 to 50% hits...😱😱.  The Saudis sure made some friends !

No drama, it will recover... 

Wish I had a bit more cash, some serious bargains around.

But lucky me, the savings set aside for the toilet paper run is not impacted 😁😁😁😁😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

Trying to get some sleep it's 11am got home from work at 6am and chainsaws going 50m away next door dropping old /dead trees since 830

Whole house shook when the big one came down its probably 1.5 to2m at it's base 

Will be fubar at work this afternoon 

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

At the annual pilgrimage, Cheltenham races. @nampla69 plenty of hand sanitiser. Come on down 

IMG_20200310_134802.jpg

Any luck mate?. 

We always did Goodwood on the Saturday at work but the old Indian fella that organised it retired and we ain't been since. Only ever had one winner there. 

On 2/21/2020 at 12:55 PM, thumper63 said:

Got it done in a couple of hours. Now I've got to sand them and get 2 coats of stain and a clear coat on before I can install.

20200220_135911.jpg

20200220_140147.jpg

20200220_135918.jpg

20200220_140143.jpg

It makes me jealous .. you guys that can build things .. I watch you tube videos of guys rebuilding cars , houses , etc .....

Give me a screwdriver or a hammer and you are assured that I will f***** it up .. for sure !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

It makes me jealous .. you guys that can build things .. I watch you tube videos of guys rebuilding cars , houses , etc .....

Give me a screwdriver or a hammer and you are assured that I will f***** it up .. for sure !

I worked for 15 years as a panel beater and it does give you a satisfaction to see a smashed up car looking good as new due in part to your work. 

Packed it in as I just got fed up going home filthy every day and with hands that were a right pain to clean, covered with sealer and filler. 

6 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

At the annual pilgrimage, Cheltenham races. @nampla69 plenty of hand sanitiser. Come on down 

IMG_20200310_134802.jpg

Wanted to but not the same week as Paddy's Day so giving it a miss.

Hand sanitisers my left buttock ...... everyone is so pissed in the Guinness tents virus would not have a  hope in hell of surviving.

So who you going for in the Gold Cup this year ???

• Thumbs Up 1

Today it’s been quite a shattering day so I got home and pretty much went to sleep early after eating food which I know is the worst. Anyway I got up 5 hours later...warmed up to traditional Quaker Oats and having this to eat in the middle of the night...it was either this or beer so I took the healthier option 😀

13 hours ago, galenkia said:

Any luck mate?. 

We always did Goodwood on the Saturday at work but the old Indian fella that organised it retired and we ain't been since. Only ever had one winner there. 

Had the winner of 2nd race at 22s- was flying from there, knocked in another at 100/30 and a couple of juicy places. Best thing was all the lads I was wish done the same, very happy days👍

Goodwood is lovely, though very tricky. Hard to think of a more beautiful setting to do your brains in- I must go back this year.

• Like 2