What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I tried installing guns and plumbing pieces from Thailand but found they couldn't handle the water pressure I have here in my part of Canada;  thankfully I mocked them up on my garden hose first so avoided making any big messes in my house. I finally found similar products on Amazon and they work very well, although I still have to turn them off when I am not using them as they will weep if I don't ...

I'll be right over to drill a hole in the water pipe to relieve some of the overpressure. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Put a wooden frame around it and call it Modern Art ............Then you can invite your mates over to look at your Weiwei in the toilet .......

That idea had crossed my mind. Was thinking though of putting a plant on top, one that absorbed smells instead of CO2. :default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, tingtong2k said:

Constantly clicking on refresh to see the new rules in on entering Thailand so I can book flights. I just want to be in the sun and by the beach. Oh and see my mates I'm simple really.

Sit on your hands for a couple of weeks, it makes little sense trying to travel this close to a posible minimal quarantine after Nov 1st.

Also the change over to new rules, if there are any, may not be as easy as we may hope.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tingtong2k said:

Constantly clicking on refresh to see the new rules in on entering Thailand so I can book flights. I just want to be in the sun and by the beach. Oh and see my mates I'm simple really.

Was reading earlier there is to be clarity about the new 'requirements' this week.

41 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

On my walk on Soi Buakhao this morning a girl that I guess was late teens and was holding a baby around a year old asked to go boom boom with me.

I was, and still am, quite speechless.

Hello papa  :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Hello papa  :default_biggrin:

Well this is it isn't it. My daughter is 20 and this girl was younger than that! What the f**k was supposed to happen to the baby?

I am skirting a subject that is against forum rules. I hope that you understand.

BTW. I have lived here long enough to be aware that somebody else could have been "involved" in the possible transaction.. There are hungry people out there boys!

• Sad 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:33 PM, boydeste said:

I can feel a plane ride comming on in the not too distant future!

From memory I think you said mid to late October for your return.

Bangkok Pattaya said October for Moderna now pushed back to November? Friends told me about registering for Phizer in Rayong so I booked and got my 2nd jab  about 10 days ago. Due to a stroke I need a medically accompanied flight home on a scheduled flight but can't stay with my brother as there are too many stairs in his house. Also Noi got the Chinese vaccine and Dear Boris doesn't recognise it so she would have to isolate in a ludicrously expensive hotel for 10 days. Not sure whether I can isolate with her at no extra cost - apart from food and drink! I suspect not somehow. Yet covid numbers are coming down in Thailand while they are going through the roof in the UK!I don't know who to believe more  - the Thai government or Boris. Probably not much in it?

My return home is likely to be 2024 or 2025 at the earliest as when Noi applies for indefinite leave to remain, she will be 65 and exempt from all the tests. This assumes the NHS is providing a decent service by then!

Alan

33 minutes ago, fifelad55 said:

Bangkok Pattaya said October for Moderna now pushed back to November? Friends told me about registering for Phizer in Rayong so I booked and got my 2nd jab  about 10 days ago. Due to a stroke I need a medically accompanied flight home on a scheduled flight but can't stay with my brother as there are too many stairs in his house. Also Noi got the Chinese vaccine and Dear Boris doesn't recognise it so she would have to isolate in a ludicrously expensive hotel for 10 days. Not sure whether I can isolate with her at no extra cost - apart from food and drink! I suspect not somehow. Yet covid numbers are coming down in Thailand while they are going through the roof in the UK!I don't know who to believe more  - the Thai government or Boris. Probably not much in it?

My return home is likely to be 2024 or 2025 at the earliest as when Noi applies for indefinite leave to remain, she will be 65 and exempt from all the tests. This assumes the NHS is providing a decent service by then!

Alan

I am not 100% sure but my understanding is that hotel quarantine is only required following entry to UK from a country on the red list, which Thailand no longer is.  My understanding is that Noi would be required to do 10 days self isolation at home.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england