What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That's good, whats the recognised period now before you can be sure you haven't got it?

Not sure. 10 days? I last saw him on Monday, so I'm assuming by Wednesday I'll be clear. Under latest rules I dont have to isolate, even as a close contact, so life goes on, although I am being careful and wearing a mask in the few shops I go to, and standing downwind of people I talk to out on my walks.

I've got window fitters coming on Friday, so will keep doing the lateral flow tests until then.

• Like 1

Getting ready to go to Vicarage Road to see the mighty Watford take on @Pumpuynarak's Southampton.

Whoever did the schedules for the T20I WC is an arse,3pm on a Saturday during the UK football season is not a good time to have England playing the Aussies.Going to record it & hope I don't overhear the score.

39 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Getting ready to go to Vicarage Road to see the mighty Watford take on @Pumpuynarak's Southampton.

Whoever did the schedules for the T20I WC is an arse,3pm on a Saturday during the UK football season is not a good time to have England playing the Aussies.Going to record it & hope I don't overhear the score.

PM me your number, I'll happily send you regular updates ...

🙂

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Great to be back at live gigs again ain't it mate. Really enjoyed Level 42 a few weeks back. That was my first one in 2 years, since I was at the HRH Rock weekend at Yarmouth. Got 3 gigs in 10 days end of the month. Hope you get out to Thailand mate. 👍

Yeah it's brilliant to get back to them , got Tears For Fears , Liam Gallagher at The Etihad and a week later (don't laugh) Ed Sheeran gonna take my youngest to that he loves him (I had no idea till he found out I had tickets)

Would love a few more , but concentrating on Thailand for now. 

Cheers pal. 

Edit :

Level 42 , they had some bangers back on the day hard to choose my favourite he was shit hot on bass..

Maybe this Hot Water or Lessons In Love

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Have they no shame. As the cook I would be embarrassed to give that to a customer.

IIRC, today is freedom day for you. What time do they open the door to your cell?

Yesterday evening, I sent a message via Line App to ASQ hotel reception, saying that I had been there since mid afternoon the previous Saturday and would it be convenient for them for me to check out that evening as I would have completed seven days and the results of both Covid 19 tests had come through.  I got a reply to the effect of yes you can check out this evening.  So I left around 2000 hours that night.  

The burnt toast was prepared by me in the condo!!

24 minutes ago, john luke said:

Yesterday evening, I sent a message via Line App to ASQ hotel reception, saying that I had been there since mid afternoon the previous Saturday and would it be convenient for them for me to check out that evening as I would have completed seven days and the results of both Covid 19 tests had come through.  I got a reply to the effect of yes you can check out this evening.  So I left around 2000 hours that night.  

The burnt toast was prepared by me in the condo!!

LOL, So self-inflicted bad cooking.

Welcome back to freedom, or rather a poor facsimile of what freedom once looked like.

13 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Ripping up my bedroom floor trying to find where the 22mm pipe goes into 8mm.

20211101_134132.jpg

20211101_134356.jpg

20211101_150019.jpg

20211101_145752.jpg

20211101_160302.jpg

When I had a microbore system, there were 22mm pipes out of the boiler for about a foot, then the "manifold" (as in your last pic) that looked like a spider as the 8mm pipes then left to be fed under the floor to individual rads. My floors, however, were concrete, and the pipes had been trampled all over by the builders laying the concrete. Supposedly easy to initially fit, but a nightmare to maintain.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe they'd hide multiple junctions like this under normal flooring - you'd think they would have placed them in a spot where you could have access through a removable panel later. In the hot water systems I've seen in my country, the manifolds are always mounted near the boiler and everything is home runs from there. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2