What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

45 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Hopefully he doesn't chew through all of the wires if he stays resident. 

Nope, it's rodents that do that kind of damage generally - they have to keep chewing on something or other because their incisor teeth never stop growing; the weasel family are carnivorous predators and are always on the move...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Binlid said:

All done and dusted, a stent installed in the artery that runs vertically to the heart which my surgeon described as critical and 2 stents installed in the artery to the right of my heart. There is further disease which he will not make a decision on untill he sees what effect of quadrupling my Atorvastatin dose to 80mg has after 3 month.

Were posh here in Cardiff, it was tea and chicken sandwhiches😁

Glad they have sorted you but I presume they have also told you to up the protein and ditch the fatty foods. Astorvastatin has brought my cholesterol levels down, I am sure the increased prescription will help.

Bloody sandwiches, very hiso.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

I have made improvements to my diet but not liking lots of different vegetables and never touching salad or oily fiish makes it more difficult. Since they found the heart murmur last January I have never ordered any bacon, sausages, belly pork or butter spreads or cakes on my Tesco orders , I have porridge every morning for breakfast, I eat only wholemeal bread with olive spread and I am eating more fruit, as a result of the changes in my diet I have lost 12 kg this year, not a bad attempt at a healthier lifestyle and I am sure I will be able to introduce more healthier options going forward. Just dont expect me to refuse a cooked breakfast when I am on holiday:default_biggrin:

12kg is a lot Gazza, well done. 

That's near 2 Stone in old money. 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Krapow said:

12kg is a lot Gazza, well done. 

That's near 2 Stone in old money. 

14 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Ditto from me, that's brilliant @Binlid

Cheers fellas, yes if you had 6 bags of sugar in your shopping bag you would be glad to put that bag down.

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

I have made improvements to my diet but not liking lots of different vegetables and never touching salad or oily fiish makes it more difficult. Since they found the heart murmur last January I have never ordered any bacon, sausages, belly pork or butter spreads or cakes on my Tesco orders , I have porridge every morning for breakfast, I eat only wholemeal bread with olive spread and I am eating more fruit, as a result of the changes in my diet I have lost 12 kg this year, not a bad attempt at a healthier lifestyle and I am sure I will be able to introduce more healthier options going forward. Just dont expect me to refuse a cooked breakfast when I am on holiday:default_biggrin:

Well Done mate!

I have always eaten healthily having my 5 a day veggie and mainly white meat. I walk 2 hours most days carrying shopping and make sure my heart is pumping for at least the last 30 minutes. I know its not the fan dance but I enjoy it!

BUT!!! Then I get home and guzzle homebrew. I just can't stop doing it and I can hear my mate in the Sgts Mess saying "never reward your effort with alcohol!"  But I just can't stop!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Well Done mate!

I have always eaten healthily having my 5 a day veggie and mainly white meat. I walk 2 hours most days carrying shopping and make sure my heart is pumping for at least the last 30 minutes. I know its not the fan dance but I enjoy it!

BUT!!! Then I get home and guzzle homebrew. I just can't stop doing it and I can hear my mate in the Sgts Mess saying "never reward your effort with alcohol!"  But I just can't stop!

You have to live a bit too mate, one lets you do the other and long may it last.

7 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yup! That is my problem too! I sometimes blame it on creaming in on a few bad jumps but nah..it's because I'm a fat bastard now!

No doubt that past life experiences have taken their toll on us all, but that doesn't stop us looking after what we have left.

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

You have to live a bit too mate, one lets you do the other and long may it last.

Too true mate! I know a few that didn't make it and they'd give me a right spanking if they thought I was slacking.

I'm gonna post a song on another thread which a couple of lads were mimicking in their flak jackets. One was killed a few days later outside Rosemount Police Station.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Binlid said:

That's superb mate.You will feel so much better for it.Since I quit drinking and changed to a veggie diet, the weight has fallen off.I have gone from 90 kilo's down to 63 kilo's, and that's without exercise either.

Another benefit has been my joints.Before they would ache and seize up, especially while on my bike.Now they feel rejuvenated.

Keep up the great work mate and best wishes for the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

That's superb mate.You will feel so much better for it.Since I quit drinking and changed to a veggie diet, the weight has fallen off.I have gone from 90 kilo's down to 63 kilo's, and that's without exercise either.

Another benefit has been my joints.Before they would ache and seize up, especially while on my bike.Now they feel rejuvenated.

Keep up the great work mate and best wishes for the future.

it's amazing how some of my joint issues (particularly shoulders) cleared up completely after losing weight (40 pounds in one year). I'm sure that was one of several positive changes (b.p. and cholesterol levels back to normal, general better feeling overall, etc,). 

• Like 1

Today the plumber came round to help fit 2 more new radiators.  Whilst the system was drained down, I cut out the manifolds and cleared the blocked pipes. It was quite shocking how much crud had built up from the end going back two inches. No wonder the chemical couldn't clean it.

It's all back together and running.  Getting all of the air out is proving a right pain in the ass, but see how it goes.

20211104_092631.jpg20211104_092646.jpg

20211104_202829.jpg

20211104_101637.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, Binlid said:

Cracking job Gazza. Amazing what a bit of healthy eating can do, even without becoming a gym bunny. not sure I could manage without my Sunday morning Bacon & egg Sarnie though...no bacon, that's pretty tough.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Butch said:

Cracking job Gazza. Amazing what a bit of healthy eating can do, even without becoming a gym bunny. not sure I could manage without my Sunday morning Bacon & egg Sarnie though...no bacon, that's pretty tough.

Dread to think how many sides of bacon I must have scoffed during my lifetime, I always used the buy the fattiest packs of back bacon.

• Thumbs Up 1