What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 10/22/2021 at 4:00 PM, Butch said:

Just got back from a day trip to London with the Mrs as she had a meeting.

I went to the Imperial War Museum to have a look, they also have a Holocaust Exhibit which is very interesting and very moving indeed.

If anyone happens to get the chance, I highly recommend it. Free entry and go to the info desk for a ticket for the Exhibit which is on the second floor and free as wel (but a ticket is needed for entry) .

On my past travels to London visiting that museum was my favorite experience. I spent a half day there (travelled to and from on The Tube). I could have easily spent two days there. Absolutely fabulous.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

Feeling a bit better after being hungover all day yesterday. I just can't keep up with these youngsters these days, he was back out on it Saturday night whilst I suffered.

Having a lazy day today until I get out and about for my walk.

Same same.... 

I now find that it often takes me nearly two days for a reasonable recovery from a piss up. Used to take one.

My booze intake is for sure on a decline. Proper management (drinking some water, snacks) on those fewer occasions are fully in order as well.

I am finding the depression (negative thinking and such) sets in heavy on those recovery days. As I am thinking on normal days I am very relaxed and in many ways happier than I have ever been. I find myself asking more and more - "why do I do that when it fucking spoils so many otherwise good days".

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

48 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Same same.... 

I now find that it often takes me nearly two days for a reasonable recovery from a piss up. Used to take one.

My booze intake is for sure on a decline. Proper management (drinking some water, snacks) on those fewer occasions are fully in order as well.

I am finding the depression (negative thinking and such) sets in heavy on those recovery days. As I am thinking on normal days I am very relaxed and in many ways happier than I have ever been. I find myself asking more and more - "why do I do that when it fucking spoils so many otherwise good days".

That's exactly where I am  ( apart from the proper management part ....I always forget that bit ... ) 

• Haha 1

You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

currently trying to hold 2 frozen bags of peas because I knocked a frying pan full of hot oil with my elbow and tried to catch it with my hands...

No blistering yet, it's handy to have a wife who's a quack!.

What a prat I am.

Edit in:

What a total prat I am with first degree burns...:(

typing with the end of a pencil now lol

Edited by Butch
  • Sad 3
  • Surprised 1

19 hours ago, Butch said:

You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

currently trying to hold 2 frozen bags of peas because I knocked a frying pan full of hot oil with my elbow and tried to catch it with my hands...

No blistering yet, it's handy to have a wife who's a quack!.

What a prat I am.

Edit in:

What a total prat I am with first degree burns...:(

typing with the end of a pencil now lol

That's nasty, try not to get freezer burn on top of the heat burn.

• Thumbs Up 1