What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Trying to find a plumber/handyman on short notice to fix the mess I just made of trying to replace the bum gun spray holder.

The screws in the previously drilled holes had rusted and broken off, so I needed to drill new holes less than a cm next to the old ones. First one went fine, but the second one I drilled into the water pipe. I had about one second of an "oh fck" moment when I realized I was still holding the 220v hammer drill that was getting doused. Dropped the fcker post haste and jumped out the bathroom to dry floor.
IMG_20211017_103501.jpg

Unfortunately all my tools got a good soaking in the process and they're now drying out.
IMG_20211017_104908.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Haha 4

Just busted a nut.

Summer is approaching where I am and along with blowflies, snakes, 40°C temperatures etc, it brings another threat. Bushfires. So time to cut down the winter undergrowth. I use a little ride on mower for this and while the use is probably not what MTD intended, it does the job.

And so I was just having a peaceful slash when the blades hit a mound of sand or stump or something. The force pushes the blade tips upwards which puts a nice bow in the blade bar where it it bolts onto the drive spindle. Not a problem, it's happened before. I just flip the bar over when I'm changing the blades and the bow now points downwards until the next object is hit and the bow gets straightened out.

Time to change the blades but the nut which holds the blade bar onto the drive spindle is not going to move. It's not going to move with the 400mm socket bar. It's not going to move with the 1 metre pipe attached to the 400mm socket bar. It's not going to move when sprayed with the super penetration lubricant, slipperier than a bar girl's pussy when she spots a nooby 2 week millionaire. This nut is well and truly wedged.

I've always thought a rattle gun would make the job of changing blades easier, no need to try and jam the blade bar so I can undo the nut. Here's the perfect justification so down to the tool store to purchase the gruntiest Milwankee rattle gun I can find, more than 1800Nm of torque.

Time to try it out. Jack up the mower, engage the rattle gun, press the trigger and a brief rattle then a whir and the nut spins off.

And that gentlemen is how I busted a nut this morning. Did someone think this story was about something else?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just had my Pfizer Covid 19 booster vaccination.  It was at a local Health and Wellbeing Centre (new name for a GP Surgery).  Appointment time 0800.  Arrived 0755, vaccinated at 0803, asked to sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes and lest at 0818.  Not given any paper documentation regarding the vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Jambo said:

Home drinking red wine watching utube videos and laughing at Rangers supporters moaning about their teams second half performance and Gerrard's substitutions.

Hearts still only unbeaten team in the SPL

"Away up in Gorgie,................." :default_blum:

The Hibees got stuffed as well.

A good day all round.

Won't last for ever someone will beat them eventually

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Jambo said:

Home drinking red wine watching utube videos and laughing at Rangers supporters moaning about their teams second half performance and Gerrard's substitutions.

Hearts still only unbeaten team in the SPL

"Away up in Gorgie,................." :default_blum:

The Hibees got stuffed as well.

A good day all round.

But still behind us in the league :default_dirol:

I'm watching Neverton vs Wet Sham on Sky whilst the missus is watching Buriram vs Korat on her iphone....ain't technology wonderful!

Off to a local music pub soon to drink Guinness & see(& listen to) Big Al & the Blistering Buicks.

Then back home for roast chicken.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, john luke said:

Just had my Pfizer Covid 19 booster vaccination.  It was at a local Health and Wellbeing Centre (new name for a GP Surgery).  Appointment time 0800.  Arrived 0755, vaccinated at 0803, asked to sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes and lest at 0818.  Not given any paper documentation regarding the vaccine.

I can feel a plane ride comming on in the not too distant future!

From memory I think you said mid to late October for your return.

25 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That's a great sketch, seen it many times.

Hope you are going to update your thread with up to date info, I know Ken has just taken advantage of the reduced Quarantine, are you doing the same or waiting to see what happens after Nov?

At the appropriate juncture in time, I will.

12 hours ago, fygjam said:

That looks like the bum gun I brought back from Thailand. VRH brand.

image.png

How to mount (if it's any help).

image.png

I tried installing guns and plumbing pieces from Thailand but found they couldn't handle the water pressure I have here in my part of Canada;  thankfully I mocked them up on my garden hose first so avoided making any big messes in my house. I finally found similar products on Amazon and they work very well, although I still have to turn them off when I am not using them as they will weep if I don't ...

2 hours ago, john luke said:

At the appropriate juncture in time, I will.

Ah, sorry, from your reply and your questions to Ken, I assumed you were looking to go.

Obviously if you were you would have already updated your thread.

My bad.

I don't want to do and pay for quarantine, so am going to sit and wait for a few weeks to see how it all pans out.

It looks like there will still be a compulsary stay in a hotel with tests.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I tried installing guns and plumbing pieces from Thailand but found they couldn't handle the water pressure I have here in my part of Canada;  thankfully I mocked them up on my garden hose first so avoided making any big messes in my house. I finally found similar products on Amazon and they work very well, although I still have to turn them off when I am not using them as they will weep if I don't ...

I've got about 60 PSI static pressure and they hold ok.

• Like 1