What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm almost 65.

Last year I tried grouting around my toilet floor tiles, just getting down onto my knees was painful so I basically laid down and dragged myself around the floor. I really struggled getting up from the prone position without  grabbing support.

I am determined to remain physically independent for as long as possible for normal living (including 2 hour walks every day), hopefully for another 20+ years but by f**k doing that DIY brought it home to me what is happening to my body!

I'm around the same age myself and agree totally - my main pet peeve nowadays is having to do something under a vehicle in the driveway, I just don't seem to have the strength in my legs to get up easily anymore - and working on anything under the car or truck always seems to involve a lot of up and down!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Count yourself lucky mate.

I once owned a first floor apartment that had Microbore heating pipes that had been totally encased in the concrete floor when it was poured. Got a leak in one of the pipes, so the concrete floor had to come up to trace the leak.😡

What a fecking mess! luckily I also owned the 2 apartments below and they were empty, awaiting painting.

Here, we have been using plastic piping for years for hot water systems and any system has to be pressure tested before further building commences but problems can still occur - a friend of mine built a new house @25 years ago and got stuck with some defective pipe that started leaking later; thankfully insurance covered the damage expenses but this is the only time I've ever heard of this stuff failing - must have been a bad batch from the factory. 

Years ago, I built some kits for pressure testing heating systems but it was not economical for low production numbers.

A mate (British Gas Engineer) and I installed my CH system, 15 mm and 22 mm pipes, filled and checked probably around 1985.  Only replaced the controller since it was first installed.

• Like 2

Woke up this morning to see a calendar reminder I get my second AZ jab this afternoon. Now wondering if they'll let me get it as they want me to bring my passport. Problem is yesterday I dropped it off at the agent for my extension to stay and IIRC they told me to come back on Thursday to pick it up. Piss poor planning on my part, completely forgot I was scheduled for the jab today. Hoping now they'll accept a copy of the passport I keep in my wallet, along with my Thai DL as proof it's really me.

12 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Woke up this morning to see a calendar reminder I get my second AZ jab this afternoon. Now wondering if they'll let me get it as they want me to bring my passport. Problem is yesterday I dropped it off at the agent for my extension to stay and IIRC they told me to come back on Thursday to pick it up. Piss poor planning on my part, completely forgot I was scheduled for the jab today. Hoping now they'll accept a copy of the passport I keep in my wallet, along with my Thai DL as proof it's really me.

I used he same firm for my retirement extension and they rung me saying passport was ready for collection two days before promised date.

Just packed a bag and I am off to the hospital to have a coronary angiogram. Back on Jan4th my GP found I had a heart murmur and I am being treated for angina. A c t scan has shown narrowing of the coronary arteries and todays procedure will show the extent of the problem. If they find anything they can act on there and then I believe they will give carry out an angioplasty to stretch the arteries or fit some stents. The butterflies are fluttering in my stomach, but I am so glad to have got to this stage without any further problems. I will update later when I know what has been done.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Just packed a bag and I am off to the hospital to have a coronary angiogram. Back on Jan4th my GP found I had a heart murmur and I am being treated for angina. A c t scan has shown narrowing of the coronary arteries and todays procedure will show the extent of the problem. If they find anything they can act on there and then I believe they will give carry out an angioplasty to stretch the arteries or fit some stents. The butterflies are fluttering in my stomach, but I am so glad to have got to this stage without any further problems. I will update later when I know what has been done.

Best of luck Mr. Lid.......

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Fascinating vid. Good to luck with the procedure.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Good luck. I had a stent fitted 3 years ago after a heart attack, really easy op, nothing to stress about.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, andyajn said:

Good luck. I had a stent fitted 3 years ago after a heart attack, really easy op, nothing to stress about.

My surgeon has been to see me and I have been given a lot of aspirin.just waiting for my turn now.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yesterday a rural-living buddy noted his dog - a Karelian bear dog and real avid hunter - kicking up a fuss under a parts car in his yard; he went over and lifted the bonnet and found this little fellow taking shelter within:

img_0975.jpg

He's already in his winter colouring which is not surprising as we would normally have snow on the ground by now - a bit late this year but due to change soon...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Yesterday a rural-living buddy noted his dog - a Karelian bear dog and real avid hunter - kicking up a fuss under a parts car in his yard; he went over and lifted the bonnet and found this little fellow taking shelter within:

img_0975.jpg

He's already in his winter colouring which is not surprising as we would normally have snow on the ground by now - a bit late this year but due to change soon...

What is it?

Some kind of weasel or stoat maybe?

3 hours ago, Binlid said:

All done and dusted, a stent installed in the artery that runs vertically to the heart which my surgeon described as critical and 2 stents installed in the artery to the right of my heart. There is further disease which he will not make a decision on untill he sees what effect of quadrupling my Atorvastatin dose to 80mg has after 3 month.

Were posh here in Cardiff, it was tea and chicken sandwhiches😁

Good luck Gazza, hope it all goes well and keep your hands off the Nurses!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Binlid said:

All done and dusted, a stent installed in the artery that runs vertically to the heart which my surgeon described as critical and 2 stents installed in the artery to the right of my heart. There is further disease which he will not make a decision on untill he sees what effect of quadrupling my Atorvastatin dose to 80mg has after 3 month.

Were posh here in Cardiff, it was tea and chicken sandwhiches😁

Good to hear the procedure went well. With the advent of stents we're able to avoid what decades ago would have been open heart surgery. Unfortunately not all plumbing work can be done without opening up the patient, as @boydeste is finding out. :default_biggrin:

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

I believe this species is called the short-tailed weasel, but I'm pretty sure they are the same animal as your stoats...

Cute little guy. I suppose it'll take your finger off if your hand gets too close.