What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

I drank both last night as they ran out of Dark.

Even the light is drinkable. 

The ligh (regular) is very "drinkable".

IMO the IPA is subperb. 

I am glad that you were able to imbibe in such a delecteble beverage.

:default_drink:

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Did you realise that the Dark is 6.5%? It's lovely but I tend to go for the lager at 5% and finish on a Dark. Both way, way better than the standard Thai beers.

I hadn't noticed to be fair, just asked if they had Beer Loa and they brought the dark out. 

• Thumbs Up 4

50 minutes ago, lazarus said:

But you did, right..?

7:17am here...been up since 5:30am...
Make coffee, make breakfast for my 11.5yo daughter, make her lunch, walk the dog.
Drive carpool to school at 7:50am w/her two schoolmates, 50 min RT.
Grocery shopping later. House chores, etc...
Pick up kid at 3:30pm; no soccer practice today (only day this week).
Make dinner; help daughter ice twisted ankle; get ready for school league championship game tomorrow.
The life of a single dad.

Daughter scores goal in last game...priceless 🙂 :

Great stuff.

I forgot about the shopping, did some before coming back from the gym; ended up spending more than I thought, always the way but then again I love shopping.

I did sign up for this but only because we left Thailand to educate our daughter in UK. There is a part of me that just wonders if it would have been a bad thing if we had just stayed in Thailand and Kataleya had been immersed fully in Thai society with schooling.

I know I would be happier in Thailand, and the way the education system is in Wales, together with the way society is moving I am wondering if I have done the right thing coming home.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 2

11 hours ago, Horizondave said:

God, the sacrifice I have made as an old father.

Take little one to school. Come back get changed for gym, walk 20 mins into town for gym. 1 hour 20 mins, I walk back. 

Clean cooker including hob, do all the dishes, put out all the recycling, change the kitchen bin with old bag in recycling. 

Change all the bed sheets and pillow. Put the dirty sheets etc., into the washing machine. Clean the living room. Clean the car. 

Put away Kataleya's toys and fold her clothes and put in drawers.

Now in car, waiting to pick up Kataleya. 

Might get a cup of tea from Kataleya when home but will be expected to cook the family meals, seems I am the only one who bothers to understand the air fryer.

Lovely day. I suppose it's OK but I didn't really sign up for this.

You are a good man. Love will contribute to many things in your life. But never expect it to be returned. It all comes from within.

As you have metioned, "I never signed up for this". One strength I have been able to hold onto and recognize within myself is that to do the same would eventually lead to hardship and heartbreak. I'm just not that strong anymore, and doing so would diminish my survivability rate. In other, words.... I've weighed out the benefit/cost of doing such a thing. No matter how I juggle the numbers it comes up not to be in my best interest.

Continute to do your best though. I just know I'm not "cut out" for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Just woke up and switched on maps to see if we sailed...dam gonna miss walking in the city now.

Screenshot_20240126_182924_Maps.jpg

I'd be a basket case way out there. Waiting for the next chopper that theoretically could never retrun again.

11 hours ago, lazarus said:

But you did, right..?

7:17am here...been up since 5:30am...
Make coffee, make breakfast for my 11.5yo daughter, make her lunch, walk the dog.
Drive carpool to school at 7:50am w/her two schoolmates, 50 min RT.
Grocery shopping later. House chores, etc...
Pick up kid at 3:30pm; no soccer practice today (only day this week).
Make dinner; help daughter ice twisted ankle; get ready for school league championship game tomorrow.
The life of a single dad.

Daughter scores goal in last game...priceless 🙂 :

:default_animier:

:default_bow:

I once hit a home run in an All Star game. It was against the other teams best pitcher (later went into MLB). I smashed a homer off his first pitch (a high tight fastball). My mom was there cheering me on.

To this day it is the happiest moment of my life.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Well, maybe a record but my mate got his e-visa last night. Applied 1100 Wednesday, email with e-visa arrived 1830 on Thursday. That's a pretty good service.

He is well chuffed as he believed he had applied too late, but a big smile on his face now.

That surely is a happy man. I hope his good luck and fortune will continue. 

11 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Great stuff.

I forgot about the shopping, did some before coming back from the gym; ended up spending more than I thought, always the way but then again I love shopping.

I did sign up for this but only because we left Thailand to educate our daughter in UK. There is a part of me that just wonders if it would have been a bad thing if we had just stayed in Thailand and Kataleya had been immersed fully in Thai society with schooling.

I know I would be happier in Thailand, and the way the education system is in Wales, together with the way society is moving I am wondering if I have done the right thing coming home.

421831246_10160956895383006_8214115042647327755_n.jpg

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

I'd be a basket case way out there. Waiting for the next chopper that theoretically could never retrun again.

This is easy ,15 minute chopper ride compared to the North sea where it can be up to 3 hours,and only 2 hours sailing to port of tarragona.

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I think I have been eating way too much fruit and veggie ..... I have started sharting in the afternoons..

@galenkia Did you suffer from it when you first became a veggie ??

Anybody else own up to it too?

No, pretty much once a day in the morning, only occasionally twice a day. My stomach was f***d when drinking, could be six or more times a day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got back from a walkabout in Made in Thailand indoor Market on 2nd Road. Its like an oven in there. 

Bought a pair of cargo shorts and was sweating buckets by the time I got back into the street. As usual, people Jay walking  or standing in the middle of the walkway, totally obvious of other pedestrians. (Arseholes)

Quite  hot outside today in Pattaya.. Got back to my room and put air con on full blast. Need another shower now. 

31 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I think I have been eating way too much fruit and veggie ..... I have started sharting in the afternoons..

@galenkia Did you suffer from it when you first became a veggie ??

Anybody else own up to it too?

EDIT: Sharting = Wet farts 

Do you eat yogurt mate ? 

I don't mean man yogurt, we already know you do that.   🤪

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

Decided to have a night off the booze, so entered another comp tonight. 

9 ball this time, I won my group and made it through to the Wonga.

Now sat waiting for my opponent to play the semi-final. 

Took a layer off my tip to get more spin as it is dry and hard from 8 months in storage here. Seems to have helped me.

Not going to invest in a new tip this Winter as it will only dry out again. 

Had to sit and wait over an hour to play the semi final. 2am and I am quite tired. Played OK, but missed a couple of crucial balls which cost me the game.

Shared 3rd place and a bit of Wonga to pay for my entry fee and drinks, so not too sad.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just got back from a walkabout in Made in Thailand indoor Market on 2nd Road. Its like an oven in there. 

Bought a pair of cargo shorts and was sweating buckets by the time I got back into the street. As usual, people Jay walking  or standing in the middle of the walkway, totally obvious of other pedestrians. (Arseholes)

Quite  hot outside today in Pattaya.. Got back to my room and put air con on full blast. Need another shower now. 

First BIG market that I can remember.... Shit, I forgot the name of it. Just off a BTS stop (at the time I believe it was the last stop of the line, fcuk, I don't know).

Started looking around. It was hotter than FCUK ! I lasted about 15 minutes, then got out of there.