What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

My aunt who I cared for many years had hearing problems. I learned many things related. Went to the audiologist with her many times. Even reviewed the test results. Declined each time. She made it to 98, by that point they were just about useless, yet she continued to put them on. I suppose she did so for a combination of reasons (psychological). I didn't harp on her about it, I figured doing that would be pointless

She had some older, but good quality hearing aids. She took good care of them, even used a dehumidfier. I think she paid over $3k for her last pair. 

At times she would have difficulty finding the proper adjustment.

I only wear my hearing aids when I'm with a group of people. I still struggle with following a conversation though when multiple people are carrying on entirely different conversations at the same table. Although I admit that problem preceded my hearing loss as it's always annoyed me when people do that. The hearing loss just made it harder to keep the conversations separate in my mind.

Your mention of the dehumidifier reminded me it's time to put mine in the USB powered dehumidifier/sanitizer I have, which I've now just done. I do that about once a month, if and when I remember. Day to day I keep them in the charging case, which I keep one of those silica gel moisture absorbing packs in.

Enjoyed my first night in Bkk. Walked down to soi 13 to have a few pints of Guinness in the Sportsman. 

Wandered back down lower Suk at 1am and was really please to not see any of the groups of Black guys selling drugs that were here over Xmas.

Looks like the boys in brown have cleaned the area up a bit thankfully. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Have you been able to determine the underlying reasons for the delays ?

BTW - unfortunate that you had to go through all of that. As much as you travel though the chance for such a thing to happen goes up considerably.

The delay is most probably because they have cancelled other later flights and moving people onto my flight.

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The delay is most probably because they have cancelled other later flights and moving people onto my flight.

Probably a mechanical issue and an unavailable lack of planes available to fill in.

I think though someone mentioned that there was havoc somewhere else as well. So, maybe more to it than just one plane down. 

Over the years I have encountered various software issues with many or the airlines apps. Which strongly suggests to me that they most likely have other tech related issues that we don't see or hear about. Things have improved a lot, but....

15 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Enjoyed my first night in Bkk. Walked down to soi 13 to have a few pints of Guinness in the Sportsman. 

Wandered back down lower Suk at 1am and was really please to not see any of the groups of Black guys selling drugs that were here over Xmas.

Looks like the boys in brown have cleaned the area up a bit thankfully. 

Glad you got there in one piece. And that is indeed good news. The last time I walked that route I was slightly dismayed with some of the sights I saw. And it wasn't the giant rat I usually see lurking around down at Soi 7 area. Biggest fcuking rat I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of them in my years !

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Probably a mechanical issue and an unavailable lack of planes available to fill in.

I think though someone mentioned that there was havoc somewhere else as well. So, maybe more to it than just one plane down. 

Over the years I have encountered various software issues with many or the airlines apps. Which strongly suggests to me that they most likely have other tech related issues that we don't see or hear about. Things have improved a lot, but....

They cancelled 4 flights yesterday afternoon mate.

Lack of passengers is my guess.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, boydeste said:

They cancelled 4 flights yesterday afternoon mate.

Lack of passengers is my guess.

That would indeed be very cnut like to do.

Flight cancellations and patterns of them are an early "bellweather" of economic trends and/or poor management planning.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just got my phone back ,slipped out my pocket on the minibus on way to helicopter,5 days of a minor inconvenience, was set to buy another one on Monday when port call in tarragona, thankfully no need now phew,catching up on emails social media,banking evt ect 🫥

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

33 C today where I am.

Thankful I'm not in Paraburdoo WA -

The small West Australian town of Paraburdoo hit its highest recorded temperature of 47.9 degrees Celsius on Saturday, passing a record previously set in 1998.

It comes amid an extreme heatwave in parts of the Pilbara region, with some areas forecast to get close to 50C.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-21/wa-town-paraburdoo-26-year-record-high-temperatures-bom/103372864

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 3

24 minutes ago, Zeb said:

33 C today where I am.

Thankful I'm not in Paraburdoo WA -

The small West Australian town of Paraburdoo hit its highest recorded temperature of 47.9 degrees Celsius on Saturday, passing a record previously set in 1998.

It comes amid an extreme heatwave in parts of the Pilbara region, with some areas forecast to get close to 50C.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-21/wa-town-paraburdoo-26-year-record-high-temperatures-bom/103372864

Don't worry, we're sending it your way.

image.png

Decided to enter my first 9 ball tournament for some time.

First game I played a guy, had to give him a 3 Start race to 6 and he gets the 8 ball too!

Strange how these guys can't pot jack shit until it's to win the game, then the ball flies in.

Oh well, still in the comp on the loosers side, see what bandit I get next.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Hoping to get a seat in the Nest for Sunday Roast. Very busy everywhere. Not seen it so busy since way before Covid. But good to see the town has recovered well. 

One of my friends just turned up.last night and had problem getting a room. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 4

11 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Hoping to get a seat in the Nest for Sunday Roast. Very busy everywhere. Not seen it so busy since way before Covid. But good to see the town has recovered well. 

One of my friends just turned up.last night and had problem getting a room. 

Surprised to hear it's busy during what is traditionally a bit of a lull after Xmas.

Still plenty of girls around I trust?.

Enjoy the Roast mate, Not sure if the Sportsman on 13 still does one, that's always worth a look as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The guy that beat me in the first round won the whole competition.

Total bandit.

That seems to happen a lot .. I take it their handicap is adjusted for any subsequent competitions ... or do they just disappear with the cash never to be seen again ?