What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just came across this article…..for 30 years this has basically been the Canadian equivalent of Rainbow 4 Nana or Peppermint Pattaya in their heydays….many gangsters AND athletes have found their wives here and/or had divorce proceedings due to visiting too often. Just a non-stop lineup of French/exotic stunners, even 30+ on a Tuesday, closer to 100 weekends. No full service though, or maybe that’s changed hence the problems & fines? 

Visit maybe 5-6 times in late 1990’s, good spot to blow some cash and dream, unlike Thailand where you can actually have them on your mattress in 30 minutes! Oh the memories! 

image.png

Edited by Golfingboy

Just reading about the top 10 turbulent journeys by air as recorded by Turbli:

turbli - Turbulence Forecast for your Flight

1. Santiago (SCL) – Santa Cruz (VVI)

2. Almaty (ALA) – Bishkek (FRU)

3. Lanzhou (LHW) – Chengdu (CTU)

4. Centrair (NGO) – Sendai (SDJ)

5. Milan (MXP) – Geneva (GVA)

6. Lanzhou (LHW) – Xianyang (XIY)

7. Osaka (KIX) – Sendai (SDJ)

8. Xianyang (XIY) – Chengdu (CTU)

9. Xianyang (XIY) – Chongqing (CKG)

10. Milan (MXP) – Zurich (ZRH)

Milan to Geneva scooped fifth position in the rankings, alongside Milan to Zurich in tenth place.

This is because, as Turbli founder Ignacio Gallego Marcos explains, routes over the Andes or Alps ‘appear high in the ranking due to mountain wave turbulence over the Andes and Alps.’

In other words, mountainous regions tend to see greater turbulence.

Thought a route I have taken a lot would feature. It's part of the Bangkok London route from just after Baku to the Black sea west of Georgia. I have experienced quite a few occasions where turbulence was noticed, believe it is the Caucasus mountains to the north.

I am sure we all have had experiences of turbulence on routes that are not shown in the top 10.

Well, I am almost ready to go - I've been going all morning and part of the afternoon getting things packed for me and arranged for the house sitter; I must have been up and down my stairs twenty times today and am heartily sick of it, and I did plenty of things before today as well.  At times like these I think how nice it would be to have a condo where I could just walk out the door and forget about it - if they didn't cost so damned much to buy and operate here I would probably go that route. The house sitter will be here in an hour or so and all I have to do now is pack my laptop away and change my clothes. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Well, I am almost ready to go - I've been going all morning and part of the afternoon getting things packed for me and arranged for the house sitter; I must have been up and down my stairs twenty times today and am heartily sick of it, and I did plenty of things before today as well.  At times like these I think how nice it would be to have a condo where I could just walk out the door and forget about it - if they didn't cost so damned much to buy and operate here I would probably go that route. The house sitter will be here in an hour or so and all I have to do now is pack my laptop away and change my clothes. 

Keeping a house sitter is a good idea.

I hope you left some snow shoes and shovels behind for them to use.

Welcome back to "Paradise". I hope you brought along a gas mask with you, and many good sweat rags. You'll need em.

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am now back in the slums after my night away sorting out bills..

But today is my last day in the slums too as I have decided to try a new life elsewhere. I have to move anyway because of the eviction notice.

It is breaking my heart saying goodbye to all the children here without letting anybody know that I will be sneaking out under the cover of darkness.

Luckily it is Children's Day so I have been giving out gifts without any questions, especially because I gave the adults money to buy a bottle of whatever they fancy as well ...

Good luck on your new adventure, and new life elsewhere. Hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just reading about the top 10 turbulent journeys by air as recorded by Turbli:

turbli - Turbulence Forecast for your Flight

1. Santiago (SCL) – Santa Cruz (VVI)

2. Almaty (ALA) – Bishkek (FRU)

3. Lanzhou (LHW) – Chengdu (CTU)

4. Centrair (NGO) – Sendai (SDJ)

5. Milan (MXP) – Geneva (GVA)

6. Lanzhou (LHW) – Xianyang (XIY)

7. Osaka (KIX) – Sendai (SDJ)

8. Xianyang (XIY) – Chengdu (CTU)

9. Xianyang (XIY) – Chongqing (CKG)

10. Milan (MXP) – Zurich (ZRH)

Milan to Geneva scooped fifth position in the rankings, alongside Milan to Zurich in tenth place.

This is because, as Turbli founder Ignacio Gallego Marcos explains, routes over the Andes or Alps ‘appear high in the ranking due to mountain wave turbulence over the Andes and Alps.’

In other words, mountainous regions tend to see greater turbulence.

Thought a route I have taken a lot would feature. It's part of the Bangkok London route from just after Baku to the Black sea west of Georgia. I have experienced quite a few occasions where turbulence was noticed, believe it is the Caucasus mountains to the north.

I am sure we all have had experiences of turbulence on routes that are not shown in the top 10.

We've had turbulence on all my recent London - Bangkok flights , normally over India / Bay of Bengal , it seems to last for over an hour ... I really hate turbulence 

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah man a wonderful evening coming up. The nephew & I pooled our welfare and scored front (balcony) row AA seats to watch hockey’s greatest player Connor McDavid take on Montreal. Will be a fantastic night, albeit a sober one…..freezing rain, craters on the highway, just nasty weather. 

You only live once, we are both medicated and the positive anxiety is almost too much to handle 5 hours away…..Oh yeah  did I mention we should both be enshrined forever, wearing visiting team colours & we have a huge banner we will drape over the balcony so surely will be on TV….its recording on the CBC

OK I have to calm down, this is going to be 2.5 hours of unreal excitement. @Yessongs your Sharks beat Montreal Thursday, of all the teams to lose to…..if they make the playoffs I make thousands having dibs on ticket sales…..

Talk about conflict of interest EH? 

• Haha 1

Wondering where the Bracknell Bruiser is?

Not like him to not log on, and he's had a lot going on this past wee while.

QPR - Watford tomorrow. If he's not on giving or getting abuse from @coxyhog, we may send his favourite ladyboy around to see him.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Krapow said:

QPR - Watford tomorrow. If he's not on giving or getting abuse from @coxyhog, we may send his favourite ladyboy around to see him.

How long? I hope he’s good

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Don't think it's that long, it's just out of character for him, he's normally logged on each day, and if taking a break, he says.

I'm probably just 'thinking too much' as the Thai's say, but he's had a lot going on lately. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Just back from a hike up beinn dorain in scotland 1076 metres,lucked out with the weather tho ice everywhere so extra carefull on the steep sections,enjoyable day and the view to many other munros was fantastic !

419522138_7634818346551360_4024329273433388616_n.jpeg

419561237_7634823766550818_562794580937352897_n.jpeg

419591610_7634824663217395_176531040080426801_n.jpeg

419652927_7634819293217932_2079170589016326075_n.jpeg

419656762_7634991653200696_5167062959447281049_n.jpeg

419682715_7634818076551387_934839082199004449_n.jpeg

419852288_7634825729883955_4908679205765371212_n.jpeg

Then had a large fish and chips in tyndrum,lvel;y jubly.

Be doing a bit of that in Lapland next month, snowshoe trekking, cross country skiing, ice fishing, and generally being at one with nature and decluttering my head. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

30 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Don't think it's that long, it's just out of character for him, he's normally logged on each day, and if taking a break, he says.

I'm probably just 'thinking too much' as the Thai's say, but he's had a lot going on lately. 

Yes please…..stop doing that thinking 2 mutt…..SMH falang kee nok 😂

Thinking is still a good thing mate…..no matter what any naked Thai lady says

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

There he is, kid teung mak, terak @galenkia!

Edited by Krapow
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, richy65 said:

I’m having a beer or 3 to celebrate the birth of my latest nephew last night, well happy 😊 

d90ad427-aa31-4ecd-960d-42771d8c1e6d.jpeg

That's a great pic if ever there was one.

I hope mother and baby are doig well.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

Be doing a bit of that in Lapland next month, snowshoe trekking, cross country skiing, ice fishing, and generally being at one with nature and decluttering my head. 

Sounds like it'll be an amazing trip,spending as much time out in nature as possible is definitely a type of physiotherapy as it's where we're meant to be.👍