What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Each to their own, but I really struggle why in this day and age people are still locked into putting up with the Apple restrictions.

I've got Macbook Pro,iPad,iPhone & iPod Classic whilst the missus has IPhone & iPad.We've been with Apple for quite a while & I have few complaints.This is more me being a computer neanderthal than anything else.If I ever get any problems the missus's mate's son works in an Apple store as a tech.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Each to their own, but I really struggle why in this day and age people are still locked into putting up with the Apple restrictions.

It makes my life easier , iMac , MacBook Air , iPad , iPhone and various iPods , everything synchronised on the devices , music Library , 40,000 photos , emails , calendar etc etc  ... had much more issues with Microsoft and computers at work ... always rebooting those things 🙂 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I've got Macbook Pro,iPad,iPhone & iPod Classic whilst the missus has IPhone & iPad.We've been with Apple for quite a while & I have few complaints.This is more me being a computer neanderthal than anything else.If I ever get any problems the missus's mate's son works in an Apple store as a tech.

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

It makes my life easier , iMac , MacBook Air , iPad , iPhone and various iPods , everything synchronised on the devices , music Library , 40,000 photos , emails , calendar etc etc  ... had much more issues with Microsoft and computers at work ... always rebooting those things 🙂 

I understand once you have been drawn into Apple it's compounded. Lots of money invested there methinks!

They are obviously good at what they do. :default_fun:

Loading the car....

Oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, water pump impeller, oil, filter wrench, vacuum pump, sacrificial anode, spanners, screwdrivers....

Servicing the boat engine tomorrow,  weather permitting

If you hear about an RNLI shout tomorrow afternoon you know it's not gone well....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Painter said:

Loading the car....

Oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, water pump impeller, oil, filter wrench, vacuum pump, sacrificial anode, spanners, screwdrivers....

Servicing the boat engine tomorrow,  weather permitting

If you hear about an RNLI shout tomorrow afternoon you know it's not gone well....

What is this?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boydeste said:

What is this?

It's a zinc thing that goes in the raw water side of the engine.... in theory the zinc is eaten away by the sea water before the engine itself is. Something to do with electrolysis,  or some other witchcraft...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Painter said:

It's a zinc thing that goes in the raw water side of the engine.... in theory the zinc is eaten away by the sea water before the engine itself is. Something to do with electrolysis,  or some other witchcraft...

I have never heard of that, how is it kept from escaping into the sea so to speak, or does it have a slow constant discharge?

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have never heard of that, how is it kept from escaping into the sea so to speak, or does it have a slow constant discharge?

It's like a bolt that screws into the heat exchange.... the end of the bolt sticks into the water flow.

If I remember, I'll take a pic tomorrow.

As for how it works.... no idea! I just know it gets eaten away throughout the season and I need to replace it!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, boydeste said:

12 minutes ago, Painter said:

It's like a bolt that screws into the heat exchange.... the end of the bolt sticks into the water flow.

If I remember, I'll take a pic tomorrow.

As for how it works.... no idea! I just know it gets eaten away throughout the season and I need to replace it!

https://www.boatus.com/expert-advice/expert-advice-archive/2012/july/how-do-sacrificial-anodes-work

• Like 1

But nowadays most people "science education" comes from F.B. with some surprising results :

https://www.charlottestories.com/58000-people-joined-together-attempt-re-direct-hurricane-irma-using-fans/

Over 58,000 People Have Joined Together To Attempt To Re-Direct Hurricane Irma Using Fans

Yeah, yeah, I know....Americans ......😆😆😆😆

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I understand once you have been drawn into Apple it's compounded. Lots of money invested there methinks!

They are obviously good at what they do. :default_fun:

For me ...I got drawn into the Apple eco environment because I needed a couple of banking apps ...at the time the Android devices didn't have available .... now after many years using ... I pick up an Android phone and the operating system doesn't seem as responsive to me ... once you dive into the system configuration of a Apple phone and turn off all of the bullshit ... it runs pretty f**king good

• Like 2

5 hours ago, coxyhog said:

but then had a big problem with Whatsapp but got that sorted.

I used Whatsapp for abut  a week .... and occasionally use LINE ( only for getting a piece of ass ) ...  then I convert them to Signal

I am a big fan of Signal ... a 100% encrypted and secure app .... if some wants to chat to me .. they have to use Signal ....

I despise "big brother"

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

But nowadays most people "science education" comes from F.B. with some surprising results :

https://www.charlottestories.com/58000-people-joined-together-attempt-re-direct-hurricane-irma-using-fans/

Over 58,000 People Have Joined Together To Attempt To Re-Direct Hurricane Irma Using Fans

Yeah, yeah, I know....Americans ......😆😆😆😆

They might have more success with

prayer_battery.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Jeez Bro .. you must be bored or tired ...  I never turn on the TV .. especially Thai TV   ...... 

She's casting to our TV in Sweden. Its been on for hours but I've been reading this forum and messaging friends in the UK. 

I was about to turn off the Thai TV stuff and watch something on Netflix but I'm fooked so I'll go to bed and wake up my tw! 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Garlic bread with a glass of red at the beach.

20200919_113353_copy_1024x768.jpg

Now at the gym bar with a Bintang listening to some decent music.

Better enjoy it before the virus eats us all ! 

Life is what YOU make of it ! 

Ah, the 'gym bar', now it makes sense 😁

• Haha 1