Do you ever where shorts when flying ?

I have always worn jeans or trousers whenever I fly.

On previous Thai domestic flights I always took a taxi to the office to start work so even then I didn't wear shorts ..

The thought of rubbing my short fat hairy legs against other passengers' legs fills me with horror ... and I'm damned sure the feeling is mutual !!

I have an upcoming trip to Ubon and was wondering dare I risk it ?????!!!!

25 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have always worn jeans or trousers whenever I fly.

On previous Thai domestic flights I always took a taxi to the office to start work so even then I didn't wear shorts ..

The thought of rubbing my short fat hairy legs against other passengers' legs fills me with horror ... and I'm damned sure the feeling is mutual !!

I have an upcoming trip to Ubon and was wondering dare I risk it ?????!!!!

I often wear shorts on a plane and more than that in taxis and train/bus - never thought about it before. But this is the second mention of this recently (Helen Flanagan i think was the other) mainly the worry of exposed skin touching grubby seats (the Helen Flanagan story didn't mention what others might think).

So although this subject has alerted me to a possible problem I would still say take a chance on wearing shorts, you could carry some wet wipes and sanitizer gel for a quick wipe down - the Helen Flanagan story did mention a wipe down.

On a recent flight to a project in vietnam i did just pull on a lightweight over garment to simplify things. Worked ok.

images.jpeg-7.jpg

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Hahaha ... I've just noticed the mistake in the title .. but I'll leave it there as a reminder not to be so pompous !!!

You ain't pompous, you are a good hoot. Love ya mate. 

Keep it rolling, you almost always put a smile on my face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Shorts all the time on domestic or short haul - flights/trains/buses.  Jeans when flying to from the UK.

Same same. Always wear a respectable shirt, and have a sweat shirt easily accessible in my carry on.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I've always worn zip off leg cargo pants. On the plane I keep the legs on, but depending on climate for the ride to/from the airport I may zip off the legs converting the pants to cargo shorts.

download.webp

You are truly an inspiration to those seeking praticality in their lives. 🫠

• Like 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

airport I may zip off the legs converting the pants to cargo shorts.

I hadn't realised such a garment existed 🤩Short haul flights in Asia I normally go for shorts.

Long haul I will go for trousers and a long sleeves.

May have to investigate those fancy pants of yours!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

I hadn't realised such a garment existed 🤩Short haul flights in Asia I normally go for shorts.

I've been investigating most of this afternoon

Cargo Pants For Women High Waisted Streetwear.jpeg.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Cargo trousers for me, lots of pockets for passport and other valuables as i don't like taking any carry on luggage. You can get them from outdoors camping supply type shops.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I've always worn zip off leg cargo pants. On the plane I keep the legs on, but depending on climate for the ride to/from the airport I may zip off the legs converting the pants to cargo shorts.

download.webp

I've a pair of those I often use whilst on thr boat in the uk. You'll be amazed the number of times the bottoms are put on as the uk weather does it's thing. Rarely does it work in the opposite...

To answer the thread, shorts for short haul in Asia,  or even jn the summer in the uk/Europe if the weather's hot. Long trousers for long haul

Edited by Painter
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

download.webp

Same here,columbia ones,once into hotel bkk they are zipped off into shorts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

A bit too much on the gay side for me.... 😁

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, KWA said:

Shorts all the time on domestic or short haul - flights/trains/buses.  Jeans when flying to from the UK.

Same, coming from or going to Heathrow, wear jeans.

Always wear shorts from as soon as i get to my hotel in Thailand, domestic flights included. 

If i'm flying when cold in London, like in March coming, i'll wear a sweatshirt, then change into a tshirt an hour or so before landing, i bring in my cabin bag.

• Thumbs Up 2

Never wear shorts on an aircraft. I always pack a spare pair of jogging bottoms as well.

I feel very uncomfortable for some reason, and can only recall wearing them once on a flight from MNL to Cebu. Even in Oman I was in cargo's or jeans, and I did a few flights in the back of a Skyvan.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1