Favourite 70's Comedy TV shows.

Butch

5 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I was going to mention another Irish comedian ....... Dermot Morgan. Not because of Father Ted but with his time on RTE'S "The Live Mike" . I liked watching him during the time of The Hunger Strike riots (I rigged up a receiver in my room). There was one character he played that appeared up in the rafters in the dark dressed in black. His monologues were effing hilarious.

The show's open mockery of IRA rebel songs, the Catholic Church and religion in general really makes you wonder how he lived to do Father Ted !!

I didn't mention him before your post because my experience of him was in the early 80s .... Although he started on the show earlier in the late 70s ..

He was brilliant in Father Ted. One of my favourite comedy shows ever.

RIP

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

He was brilliant in Father Ted. One of my favourite comedy shows ever.

RIP

Some great characters in that show, Mrs Doyle, Dougall and Father Jack (DRINK DRINK!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Anything with Spike Milligan in it,he must've been in something in the 70's.

Pretty much agree with all of the above,we were truly blessed to live through an age of great comedy and music.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Zambo said:

The Likely Lads and later some follow on seasons. After that James Bolam gave us some great drama

This is a bit later

I enjoyed the Likely lads, but apparently James Bolam was a funny bloke to work with according to Rodney Bewes.

It ain't half hot mum was brilliant as well. Windsor Davies . I always laugh at this scene, with Lofty trying his best to hold it in and Windsor doing a great bit of improvisation.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

10 minutes ago, Butch said:

It ain't half hot mum was brilliant as well. Windsor Davies . I always laugh at this scene, with Lofty trying his best to hold it in and Windsor doing a great bit of improvisation.

Seeing the elephant reminded me of this

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Which was based on ....

I never knew that. Thanks for that little tid bit. Interesting.

BTW - that was funny as fcuk !

Edited by Glasseye

16 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

In that scene it has Tony Booth as the long haired scouse git... Tony Booth was Cherie Booth's Father.... Cherie Booth married Tony Blair ..!!

Scouse git.... lol    I learn something new from you blokes every day. Love it.