Bad Farangs

Glasseye

Another incident in Phuket.  

That's heavy duty stuff- disarming a Thai cop and taking his gun, which apparently fired without harming anyone.

Phuket.png

Screenshot-2024-03-17-210151a.png

READ MORE

• Surprised 5

3 hours ago, Zeb said:

Absolutely crazy.

Jailed then deported looks assured.

Their parents are "Millionaire Business Owners" so they will be milked for every penny they have to keep these two wankers out of jail ..... Which I quite like the idea of actually - Bring the whole family crashing down to face reality .. 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/watch-parents-of-kiwi-brothers-arrested-in-thailand-speak-as-video-shows-fight-for-control-of-cops-pistol/6CJNBFDOGFHVDB5IRKHJEICKMU/

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

I just posted on another thread.

Difficult to view. Even more difficult to comprehend. I hope those fcuks are fisted every day for the rest of their lives and die in prison.

I'd like to have them in a room for 5 minutes.

Edited by Glasseye

28 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Their parents are "Millionaire Business Owners" so they will be milked for every penny they have to keep these two wankers out of jail .....

Mmm. Might set some context as to why they thought they could carry on like this is in someone else's country.

Its no excuse of course and they or innocent bystander(s) could have copped a bullet.

From the linked article - 36 & 38 year olds - described as 'kids".

Nope!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Zeb said:

[...]

Its no excuse of course and they or innocent bystander(s) could have copped a bullet.

I wouldn't have shed a tear if they had copped a bullet. Innocent bystanders are something completely different.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Zeb said:

Absolutely crazy.

Jailed then deported looks assured.

They were lucky,during a US Navy visit in the 80's a deranged sailor grabbed a coppers gun from his holster.

The coppers mate shot him dead.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

They were lucky,during a US Navy visit in the 80's a deranged sailor grabbed a coppers gun from his holster.

The coppers mate shot him dead.

I thought the same.  Grabbing a cop's gun can have fatal consequences in almost every country with armed police.

Evil

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Obviously should have stopped and complied, I'm not excusing their behaviour ...

I can only assume they thought their lives were in danger , to unarm the cop and just subdue him ... they aren't punching or being overly violent and they are filming themselves .... but yes, it's going to be very costly for them

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Obviously should have stopped and complied, I'm not excusing their behaviour ...

I can only assume they thought their lives were in danger , to unarm the cop and just subdue him ... they aren't punching or being overly violent and they are filming themselves .... but yes, it's going to be very costly for them

I was wondering too if perhaps they were fearful of their own lives to do what they did. Might be more to this story than what's being made public.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I was wondering too if perhaps they were fearful of their own lives to do what they did. Might be more to this story than what's being made public.

Or indeed if the cop was fearful of his own life with Phuket having a unknown number of armed drug dealing farang.

They shouldn't have fled the first request to stop.

It wouldn't surprise me if the cop escalated the situation by popping off a few rounds and the kiwis were just trying to save their lives by subduing him but they shouldn't have put themselves in that situation in the first place.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Their parents are "Millionaire Business Owners" so they will be milked for every penny they have to keep these two wankers out of jail ..... Which I quite like the idea of actually - Bring the whole family crashing down to face reality .. 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/watch-parents-of-kiwi-brothers-arrested-in-thailand-speak-as-video-shows-fight-for-control-of-cops-pistol/6CJNBFDOGFHVDB5IRKHJEICKMU/

If they attacked any of his officers, my FIL would have had no problem in divesting their parents of any inheritance they had planned to pass onto their sons and laughed all the way to the bank. 😉

Maybe there’s more to the story that is yet to come out, but the whole incident seems strange to me. It’s not as though it’s the end of the month and the cop had bills to pay. 😉 

Maybe a voluntary contribution of a few million to the cop in question and they’ll get to go home without jail time.
There is after all, the loss of face the cop has to endure with his family and fellow officers, that’s gotta be worth a new pickup surely. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

The latest...

. . .

TWO KIWI TOURISTS DENY ASSAULT CHARGES AGAINST PHUKET POLICE

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/19/two-kiwi-tourists-deny-assault-charges-against-phuket-police/

PHUKET – Two New Zealand tourists who were accused of assaulting a Phuket traffic police officer in an incident widely shared online are still in custody after they denied all charges and declined to give any statement while the police requested the court deny their release on bail.

According to Pol. Maj. Gen. Sinlert Sukhum, Phuket Provincial Police Commander, Brothers Hamish Day, 36, and Oscar Mattson Day, 34, were charged with five offenses including robbery, fighting or obstructing officials from performing their duties, causing physical harm to an on-duty officer, attempted bribery and driving a motorcycle without a license.

The police chief alleged that the man who attacked the officer is a mixed martial arts fighter. Both of them have had their visas revoked by the immigration authorities. 

Police said Police Senior Sergeant Major Somsak Noo-iat, who was assaulted on Saturday, is getting better and has returned home to recover.

Somsak spotted the men speeding on their motorbikes and tried to stop them. They allegedly tried to speed away then tried to offer a bribe to Somsak, who refused to take it. He tried to film the two men on his phone, and they allegedly tackled him and wrestled the gun away from him, causing a bullet to be fired. No one was injured by the bullet, police said.

Bystanders in the viral video could be heard shouting for them to stop. They then told reporters that they wouldn’t dare to intervene since the foreigner was armed.

Phuket Governor Sophon Suwannarat said such actions were unacceptable and that officials will increase inspection of tourists who may act inappropriately or violate the law.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Or indeed if the cop was fearful of his own life with Phuket having a unknown number of armed drug dealing farang.

They shouldn't have fled the first request to stop.

It wouldn't surprise me if the cop escalated the situation by popping off a few rounds and the kiwis were just trying to save their lives by subduing him but they shouldn't have put themselves in that situation in the first place.

As I think this through I am thinking that there has to be more to this story, probably much more.

It just doesn't add up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

As I think this through I am thinking that there has to be more to this story, probably much more.

It just doesn't add up.

Disarming a cop in the vicinity of another cop is pretty much a instant death sentence.

Straight to the eyeball.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, lazarus said:

Somsak spotted the men speeding on their motorbikes and tried to stop them. They allegedly tried to speed away then tried to offer a bribe to Somsak, who refused to take it. He tried to film the two men on his phone, and they allegedly tackled him and wrestled the gun away from him, causing a bullet to be fired. No one was injured by the bullet, police said.

Sure would like to know who took the gun out of the holster, and when. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

He tried to film the two men on his phone, and they allegedly tackled him and wrestled the gun away from him, causing a bullet to be fired.

Ah I see ,was it a samsung or an apple that fired the bullet mlord.....

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Haha 1

More tea money, more often..?

. . .

THAI POLICE REQUIRE MONTHLY CASE REPORTS AND STRICTER FOREIGNER SCREENING

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/03/19/thai-police-require-monthly-case-reports-and-stricter-foreigner-screening/#google_vignette

BANGKOK – As Thai tourism has grown significantly and the number of foreign tourists has increased, it has been reported that the number of cases involving foreigners breaking the law has risen as well.

Recently, there have been headlines about foreigners committing illegal acts, some of which pose a threat to society. In response, Pol. Gen. Roy Ingpairoj, Deputy Chief of the Royal Thai Police, issued a letter of instruction to the Commissioner of Immigration ordering stricter enforcement of immigration laws.

The investigation revealed that some foreigners had entered the country illegally and had ulterior motives for staying in Thailand. They disregarded Thai laws and their presence was not beneficial to the country in any way. Instead, they caused damage to Thai society, economy, politics and national security.

In order to control and prevent foreigners who are allowed to stay temporarily in the Kingdom of Thailand from committing crimes, causing disturbances or posing a threat to the peace, security or national security of the people, the following instructions have been issued:

1. Strictly screen foreigners entering and leaving the Kingdom. This includes the consideration of applications for extensions of stay, visa stamping, and changes in visa status. All relevant laws, regulations, and orders must be strictly followed.

2. Investigate and prosecute all crimes committed by foreigners. This includes violations of the Immigration Act, the Alien Employment Act, the Entertainment Places Act, illegal business operations, nominee arrangements where Thai nationals hold shares or real estate ownership on behalf of foreigners to avoid legal compliance. The behavior of foreigners should also be investigated to determine if they have any mafia-like influence. Cooperation with relevant agencies is required for integrated law enforcement.

3. Revoke the stay permits of foreigners who are found to be staying in the Kingdom without a legitimate reason or who have other behaviors that warrant the revocation of their permits. This should be done in accordance with the Immigration Act.

The Immigration Bureau was ordered to develop an action plan and set a schedule for continuous and comprehensive inspections in all areas at appropriate times.

For every arrest made, the case must be investigated further, and the results of the operation must be reported by the 10th of every month. The first report is due on 10 April 2024.

• Great Info 1

Whenever I read these reports of how Thai Immig treat, often elderly, retirees, I am thankful that I decided to retire to the Philippines. 

I got the SRRV Retirement Visa 14 years ago and I have NEVER visited an immig office since. All handled thru a govt agency, the PRA. Very helpful and efficient. Partner and I have visited Pattaya, usually 4-5 MO nths a year, on 60 day TV or 30 day entry since that time with no dramas. 

Philippine immig makes it very easy for foreigners to stay. You can actually enter on a visa free entry and just pay to extend for upto 36 months. 

Unfortunately they often make it bloody hard for their citizens to leave!! 

Edited by biggles
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1