What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

16 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Boz Scaggs interview...    I just came across this while floating around on the tube.

"Love look what you've done to me"....   I am going to throw this one on here again also. Because it is absolute beauty, as close to perfection as it can get. Just brilliant in all respects.

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

This really is a brilliant recording - it would be excellent as a studio recording but done live like this it really is outstanding - performers at the top of their game. I was lucky enough to catch Boz Scaggs in Vancouver some years ago and really enjoyed the show. 

Boz Skaggs you say? 1977 at David Bowie, we had 3rd row seats dead center. Who was right behind us? Yep, Boz Skaggs. 

boz skaggs.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/26/2023 at 8:34 AM, Yessongs said:

Boz Skaggs you say? 1977 at David Bowie, we had 3rd row seats dead center. Who was right behind us? Yep, Boz Skaggs. 

boz skaggs.jpg

Ref. the Boz sighting - Cool !

Also... Saw Bowie three times. Shows were spread out over several years and in different style venues, so it war really cool to see the different performance styles. Every show tremendous, unforgetable.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/26/2023 at 6:19 AM, maipenrai said:

This really is a brilliant recording - it would be excellent as a studio recording but done live like this it really is outstanding - performers at the top of their game. I was lucky enough to catch Boz Scaggs in Vancouver some years ago and really enjoyed the show. 

That live recording was really done well, in all respects. The insensity of the performers in their sincere attachment and appreciation for the song was evident and touching. Perfectly presented, masterful.

The singers piece to conclude was mystical in its beauty.

The lyrical writing combined with the perfectly matched music added a dimension which communicates the complexity of love unlike anything I have ever heard.

Boz is more than anything else a brilliant communicator, while blessed with natural musical talent. A true gem.

Cheap Trick - "Surrender" 

We played the shit out of this album....

Originally from Rockford, Illinois (one of the biggest shitholes in America). But man did these guys put out some cranking rock tunes.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Marshal Tucker Band.....

Toy Caldwell

"Fire on the Mountain"

Southern Rock (Country Style) at it's best.

"Take the Highway"

Listen to these guitar licks, songwriting, and vocals. Tremendous !

Edited by Glasseye

11 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Not the Town & Country Club ? Saw Johnny Winter, Big Country and Toto there, great venue imo.

No,it's called The Forge & as a venue it's not up to much,no draught beer & the bottles were a rip off.

But Ms Nicole was brill.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/24/2023 at 12:24 PM, Yessongs said:

@Glasseye Thanks to wifey, I am buzzed on Red Wine now, great dinner too LOL! ...and this what happens. 

I get "nostalgic" with music from back in the day that I liked....The Moody Blues are right up there. Saw them 2 times, all the original members. Sadly Ray Thomas and Graeme Edge have both passed away. Luckily both of them knew they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Obviously Graeme Edge knew, as he tells the story here in the beginning and then moves over to his drums. 

Talk about 2 great songwriters...Justin Hayward and John Lodge :default_goodjob:

To show you that I still have SOME brain cells left, 50 years ago at my Senior High School Prom at the "Hilton Hotel" in San Jose, Calif, they played this tune at one point. The gal that I took, had well....a very nice rack. It was beautiful LOL! 

Still love listening to The Moody Blues.... after a glass of Wine of course. 

Thanks for that, my all time favourite Rock type ballad of all time.

Been a while since I listened to it and seemed quite fitting chilling lakeside. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Watching BBC4, great concert lineup tonight , A-ha , Tears for Fears , Annie Lennox and Depeche Mode  🙂 

Now that is a great lineup :default_goodjob: The best lineup i saw at an indoor venue was Eric Clapton, Joe Cocker and ZZ Top at Birmingham NEC.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now that is a great lineup :default_goodjob: The best lineup i saw at an indoor venue was Eric Clapton, Joe Cocker and ZZ Top at Birmingham NEC.

Eric Clapton you say? July 1974 at The Cow Palace in Daly City ( right next to SFO)  

Here is one for you, for years prior to seeing him in 1974, I could have sworn his "solo" on this tune was played with a "Rickenbacker" man I was "thrashed" by friends who said EC would NEVER play a Rickenbacker! Go to 3:34 of this video and tell me that this particular sound, at least for me, sounded like a Rickenbacker. Ok, Ok, I was wrong! 

Talk about some diehards..

EC 1974 Cow Palace.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I grew up close by the Cow Palace...saw many events there; knew how to sneak in. 😉

Saw the Rolling Stones in 1975... https://rollingstonesdata.com/chronology/july-15/

... can't find a video from the show but this was from the same tour:

I was there too Matt, July 1975 at The Cow Palace. In my top 5 concerts of all time. My Minolta SRT 101 with 135 MM lens served me well......of course with "Kodak Ektachrome" film...those were the days huh? 

Stones 1975 copy.JPG

Stones 2 1975  copy.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2