Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 2/17/2023 at 12:30 PM, latour82 said:

still a lot to do, mostly visiting Pattaya with wife and children,lots of parks around and other entertamintent for kids

That's been my experience as well.  The Centara Grand Beach Resort in Naklua is one of the best hotels I've ever seen for children.  Some years back I stayed there with my then TG and her five-year-old daughter.  The little girl loved the place and cried when we checked out.  Not only did the hotel have a its own waterpark and dedicated stretch of beach, but also had activities for kid from 8.00 a.m. until 8.00 p.m. It was a dream world for her.  

I've always recommended the Centara Grand Beach Resort to farang families and those who have stayed there have agreed with my opinion.   In addition, Pattaya has numerous daytime attractions suitable for children of all ages. It's easy to avoid the commercial sex scene by not going near a few areas.  Even Beach Road before dark doesn't have  anything "shocking" for any child.  

Evil

• Like 3
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Sa Casa in Soi Diamond is now......

IMG_20230223_010142.jpg

IMG_20230223_010156.jpg

Korean manager/owner, draught beer 95 and a few fillies in there that

would stop a Tiger tank dead in its tracks....lol......Air Con reasonable......

I'm surprised Putin hasn't conscripted them.

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2023 at 8:51 AM, hugh cow said:

Am going down to pattaya tomorrow to fix up my visa. I quite enjoy the vibe but I've often wondered how so many bars can make money.

A lot of hobby bars not required to make money and also bars set up to launder money from elsewhere.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

18 hours ago, KWA said:

A lot of hobby bars not required to make money and also bars set up to launder money from elsewhere.

Old Bill on soi crocodile farm, bang lamung springs to mind. 

A couple of questions for the weekend.. Is there anything I should do differently..?????

1. My shopping plan is

- RGP for glasses

- Mikes for trainers

- Night bazaar/buakhao markets for a shirt and shorts

2. Has anybody been to Hemingways to watch footie? is the sound on and lively? I quite fancy a bottle of their Gufo merlot at 850 baht..For the first game

3. Any suggestions for the Leeds game. It is very likely that I will be legless by then..?

4. Triangle or Billabong or anywhere else  for music at cheap beer prices...?????...Also considering that I am a miserable fat old fucker that just wants to be left alone.???

5. Is Bamboo Bar up and running (asking for a friend!)????

@Derek Dangleberries On 2, the best places I watched sport in on a recent trip were all obvious. All will be pretty rammed on Saturday night, does this contradict the end of point 5?😉

So I'd go left field and watch the first game in Danny's Sports Bar in Treetown. I'd expect he'd have the sound on full volume for the early kick off. His sound system is incredibly good, it's like an immersive experience!! Drowns out all the s*** that is the Treetown bars too.

Tried to watch NFL in Hemmingways. 6-30 AM and they had a badly hungover adult a tablet and expect you to punch in your order. Really tricky to use gave up and went to

Irish Rovers, which was absolutely jammed but brilliant atmosphere

Final obvious pick would be Witherspoons, Dean will definitely have a dedicated screen on showing your game

No help on the rest, I'm afraid. Not a fan on the Billabong to put in mildly but many, many others are,

Have a great night and do report back what you can remember!!

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

A couple of questions for the weekend.. Is there anything I should do differently..?????

1. My shopping plan is

- RGP for glasses

- Mikes for trainers

2. Has anybody been to Hemingways to watch footie? is the sound on and lively? I quite fancy a bottle of their Gufo merlot at 850 baht..For the first game

3. Any suggestions for the Leeds game. It is very likely that I will be legless by then..?

4. Triangle or Billabong or anywhere else  for music at cheap beer prices...?????...Also considering that I am a miserable fat old fucker that just wants to be left alone.???

4. Time Bar have a happy hour until midnight, think all drinks are 50 Baht ... none of the "bogof" bollocks where you have to drink an even number of drinks 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

1. My shopping plan is

- RGP for glasses

- Mikes for trainers

Cant answer all but a FRIEND SAID Bamboo up and running and as good as ever...

In Central a very good sports kit place on 2nd or 3 rd floor.....forgot name Sports something..lol...

For the old footie these days I like Sports Lounge on Soi Buakhao..opposite Tree Town, big area

and loads of TV's......

Bands playing everywhere at the moment, seems like every other bar....No recommendations I'm afraid....

Night bazaar or Mikes for tops and shorts... Happy hunting....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

2. Has anybody been to Hemingways to watch footie?

I was in there in Oct for footie,plenty of big screens and good service.

Although they tucked me away in a corner with my own tv as I don't think anyone else wanted to watch Watford....not that I blame them.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Final obvious pick would be Witherspoons, Dean will definitely have a dedicated screen on showing your game

I found Witherspoon's a wonderful place to watch NFL. Plenty TV's and you won't be bothered. They have access to all NFL games and will be more than happy to replay any NFL game for you. So, you don't have to get up so early for NFL games. The beer is Ice cold too!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Cant answer all but a FRIEND SAID Bamboo up and running and as good as ever...

In Central a very good sports kit place on 2nd or 3 rd floor.....forgot name Sports something..lol...

For the old footie these days I like Sports Lounge on Soi Buakhao..opposite Tree Town, big area

and loads of TV's......

Bands playing everywhere at the moment, seems like every other bar....No recommendations I'm afraid....

Night bazaar or Mikes for tops and shorts... Happy hunting....

Thanks, brilliant info.

Have never been in the Sports Lounge. Is that your first or second half bar?😉

11 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

1. My shopping plan is

- RGP for glasses

- Mikes for trainers

Tony Candy's on 2nd rd kinda opposite Royal Garden does the best quality shirts, shorts, polos etc in Pattaya if not Thailand that i've found. Snide, copies, but really good quality. Not sure what connections he has with what factories, but they're good for copies, and not expensive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks, mate!

I haven't mentioned the reason for me staying in town but one task I have to do is very near there so I shall give it a go.

Tony Candy is due east on the painter compass from 13/3....!!  🙂

• Haha 2