Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

Soi Buakhao  .. the Bangkok Bank was flooded with farangs when Beach gal and I were eating across the street at the Prime Burger ... I think it was 2nd September ..... around noon time

I was pretty surprised how many there were ... seemed like an endless flow of them for about the 2 hours while we sat and ate ...

If a bar is selling bottled beer for 39 baht each, what would the profit margin be on that one beer sale, maybe 7 or 8 baht? Could a business owner shed some light on what they pay wholesale for a case of domestic and imported beer?

At 39 baht, even selling a case, I can't figure the profit being more than 200 baht per.

Am I off base about that or somewhat in the ballpark?

• Like 1

If a bar is selling bottled beer for 39 baht each, what would the profit margin be on that one beer sale, maybe 7 or 8 baht? Could a business owner shed some light on what they pay wholesale for a case of domestic and imported beer?
At 39 baht, even selling a case, I can't figure the profit being more than 200 baht per.
Am I off base about that or somewhat in the ballpark?

San Mig and Heineken are about 40฿ wholesale.
Chang, Singha, Leo etc about 36, 37฿
You get a discount for buying in bulk, but not much. Maybe 1-2 ฿ per bottle.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 4

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

San Mig and Heineken are about 40฿ wholesale.
Chang, Singha, Leo etc about 36, 37฿
You get a discount for buying in bulk, but not much. Maybe 1-2 ฿ per bottle.

Mr. Egg, you might want to have a look at other suppliers. For hash runs I buy from the distributor off of 3rd Rd, just before Pattaya Tai. Case of small Leo is 755 (31.46/bottle).

image.png

Here's a link to their full price list.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3

^^^^^ 

When you buy beer from a wholesaler - are the any guarantees the beer is fresh ?

The reason I ask ... is because there have been more than once ( many times ) I have ordered a Leo and it taste like shit .. I think it is old ..... I don't know for sure if it is old but, I can tell the taste difference from what I think is old piss water from a fresh beer ......

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^^ 

When you buy beer from a wholesaler - are the any guarantees the beer is fresh ?

The reason I ask ... is because there have been more than once ( many times ) I have ordered a Leo and it taste like shit .. I think it is old ..... I don't know for sure if it is old but, I can tell the taste difference from what I think is old piss water from a fresh beer ......

Have a look at the date on the bottle Code.... on Leo it tells you when it was filled and the use by date. Most bottles will have a use by date.

cheers

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^^ 

Cartons and bottles are stamped with the fill date. Never seen a use by date as that can very depending on how the beer is stored.

My most recent purchase was a month ago and the distributor was still selling us cartons of MY Beer that were bottled last Dec. A bit of a concern, but the contents still tasted fine.

• Great Info 1

Popped into LK Saturday evening and jumped into ''Time''.......Sat outside watching the ins and outs

of the ''Billabong''...Reasonable drinks prices...tried a few different bottled beers, all quite cold......ladys drinks..150,

and some very interesting chassis's about........

IMG_20200905_221014.jpg

IMG_20200905_221037.jpg

For you fine dinners this has reopened, not sure how long ago....

IMG_20200905_225320.jpg

Little footnote, went back to ''Time'' last night, started watching some of the F1 highlights and had a young filly trying to be friendly

but the noise of the band in ''Billabong'' made having a chat impossible unless you went inside...........didn't stay to long......

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Cartons and bottles are stamped with the fill date. Never seen a use by date as that can very depending on how the beer is stored.

My most recent purchase was a month ago and the distributor was still selling us cartons of MY Beer that were bottled last Dec. A bit of a concern, but the contents still tasted fine.

On the small Leo bottles.... both dates are on the wrap around sticker on the bottle neck.

cheers

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Tiniest of updates from Soi Buakhao this evening..........

The closed Charoen glasses place next to the K Bank has some interesting lights and fans in its canopy now,

I wonder what it's going to be...lol....

002.JPG

The closed T T Exc, place opposite Tesco Lotus......

003.JPG

And bless it this place still holding on.....

007.JPG

I went past the Marquee last Sunday about 2.30pm and it looked quite busy with what looked like a dozen or so customers in there so maybe that's why they're bothering to open as they get a bit of afternoon trade ?

A new bar to replace the opticians ? I wish I'd have thought of that idea.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I went past the Marquee last Sunday about 2.30pm and it looked quite busy with what looked like a dozen or so customers in there so maybe that's why they're bothering to open as they get a bit of afternoon trade ?

Someone told me they still do the cheap roast dinners........

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I go past there most afternoons.......Most days there are 3-4-5 guys there max....And on occasion there will be a ok crowd.....But by dark its pretty much empty.......

The Marquee was quite popular pre Covid........

• Like 1