Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

13 minutes ago, happy me said:

Very heavy rain and thunder now in East Pattaya with thunder for about one hour now. Kind of rain that will produce flooding.

Please send it this way bkk,caught a cracker of a lightning strike on the hospital across from hotel yesterday,must have waken the dead ! 

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, happy me said:

Extremely heavy thunder storm with strong winds for last hour here on Dark Side ( Khao Noi ). The usual flooding down town will happen with this kind of storm.

I was driving back in the car from Pattaya around lunchtime yesterday when the heavens opened up. So heavy down to about 40mph and very difficult to see at all.

Due to the roadworks the whole way to Bangsaray on the Sukhumvit road and the fact no drains are now operating there was soon localized flooding in various places. One was so bad I let the car in front of me get through before following him.

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Dark skies, thunder and lightening, and rain coming down in buckets. This is shaping up to be one of the wettest Aprils since moving here 13 years ago.

The gods are celebrating Songkran! 🙂

On 4/5/2021 at 7:11 PM, tko said:

I have to drive up-country tomorrow.  Weather underground says its going to be pissing down when we leave, but should be dry up there.

Pissing down in Mae Sot at the moment which is well "Up There!"

Driving back on Wednesday so I hope the Sukhumvit road is not flooded when I reach it. With all the new drains being put in it means there are effectively no drains currently on the Sukhumvit right down and past Bangsaray where I turn off.

Torrential rain and high winds here on Khao Noi. I have been living here in Pattaya for 31 years and never seen April with so much rain. It has rained every day now for the last week ( at least in Dark Side). Temperatures have been mild for April also. Great to keep power bill down.

• Surprised 1

4 hours ago, rajs123 said:

With the lack of tourists I am sure that the reservoirs are not as "stressed" as before.

Passed by both Mabprachan and Huai Chak Nok this past week and they're looking far better than this time last year. Mabprachan because they're pumping water from the north into it. Don't know if they're doing the same at Huai Chak Nok.

• Thumbs Up 2

^^^ Clever, but as a parent I cringe when I see kids doing stupid things on a motorbike. In this case not only blocking the rider's forward view, but underage for a license, riding in the rain with no helmets, and based on the condition of the road surface and markings, probably a busy highway. A disaster in the making.

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

^^^ Clever, but as a parent I cringe when I see kids doing stupid things on a motorbike. In this case not only blocking the rider's forward view, but underage for a license, riding in the rain with no helmets, and based on the condition of the road surface and markings, probably a busy highway. A disaster in the making.

Yeah, and you can't see it in the photo, but I'm pretty sure they've got a baby wedged between them, lol