Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

Looks like they painted room ceilings red and put in some new lighting. Still got that hideous Scooters floor however and same old crap furniture in the rooms. Take one for the team Bitch and venture in ...... we'll CrowdFund you ...if I knew how to do it.

• Haha 1

Well they're getting off on the wrong foot. The bar is set to open up on Thursday. I was in talking to the old staff and they assured me they were going to open on Thursday and the hotel was now open and operating. I have three very good customers of mine from Australia that are coming over and we're looking for accommodation I told them to email the keys because they were very happy at secrets in the past. No reply. So I sent messages to their Facebook website as well as their email address with the dates that the guys will be in town about 3 days ago no reply.

I guess it's going to be a very quiet opening because I have seen zero about an opening party or even the fact that they're going to be opening on the 1st yet the old staff I spoke with assured me on Thursday the bar would be open and operating. I think they're going to have to work hard on their marketing because it's definitely lacking at this point.

• Great Info 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Well they're getting off on the wrong foot. The bar is set to open up on Thursday. I was in talking to the old staff and they assured me they were going to open on Thursday and the hotel was now open and operating. I have three very good customers of mine from Australia that are coming over and we're looking for accommodation I told them to email the keys because they were very happy at secrets in the past. No reply. So I sent messages to their Facebook website as well as their email address with the dates that the guys will be in town about 3 days ago no reply.

I guess it's going to be a very quiet opening because I have seen zero about an opening party or even the fact that they're going to be opening on the 1st yet the old staff I spoke with assured me on Thursday the bar would be open and operating. I think they're going to have to work hard on their marketing because it's definitely lacking at this point.

You seen any signs of balloons being blown up ??? 

• Haha 4

Brilliant!

Yet another Sectets thread.

Must be going to be different than the one already posted down the page about well, the same as this one, new bar opening were Secrets was, wasn't Secrets bar and forum so great, yada yada yada ...

I used to argue with people who used to post here but left because to them it turned Into Secrets2. But I can see their point, I mean, this is just a continuation of the Secrets thread on down the page.

If Secrets bar and Forum were so wonderful, they would still be going. They're not. 

I can remember Lanzalad repeatedly saying this forum was not Secrets2, actually closing the same recycled wasn't Secrets wonderful threads. 

Maybe nowadays we should just rename it Secrets2 and have a daily 'All Hail Secrets' thread, where the same people can post the same stuff over and over again and be done with it ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Sad 1

bit of a special event here, i didnt realise the dates coincided.  I am NOT a fan of secrets or its operators or their pals, but did have some good time sin there way back when it started.  good luck to the new owners

BUT IT AINT SECRETS.... unless its going out as "secret samoas"  its just a building, a shell, now, again after scooters rise and fall, once again revamped with a lick of paint and a few band aids.  good luck to them, its a tough market out there.

secrets is, without doubt, ashes.  will be interested in the visit reports from tonight

• Thumbs Up 1

My longterm working stints in Thailand were 1994 to 1998 and 2008 to 2010. With many 10s of shorter visits between 1992 and now.

I did visit secrets several times and can't complain. Aircon bar, beer, good food available and friendly girls. I would be there late afternoon/ early evening, didn't notice any bar management encouraging me to stay or saying hello.

The location is good, but far from an absolute cracker. So my conclusion is that it was the forum, and if you weren't a (popular) BM the bar wasn't a particular Pattaya highlight. 

Apart from the Soi 6 bars I wonder if a Pattaya forum driven bar experience could be replicated in this era....

29 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I did visit secrets several times and can't complain. Aircon bar, beer, good food available and friendly girls. I would be there late afternoon/ early evening, didn't notice any bar management encouraging me to stay or saying hello.

The location is good, but far from an absolute cracker. So my conclusion is that it was the forum, and if you weren't a (popular) BM the bar wasn't a particular Pattaya highlight. 

Apart from the Soi 6 bars I wonder if a Pattaya forum driven bar experience could be replicated in this era....

The location was nice, but better for a hotel than a bar, a bit off the beaten track, so not attracting many passers-by, for that it needed the forum. And when the forum went downhill, so did the visitor numbers.

And yes, that forum driven bar experience could be replicated in this era, as long as the forum and the bar are targeted at more or less the same group.

• Like 1