Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

Just to fill out a double post with new content- Green Eggs and Ham is an excellent dish for anyone suffering from stomach problems, whether caused by a heavy night of drinking; food poisoning; the flu; acid reflux; etc.  Depending on how sensitive your stomach has become, you can leave out the onions and bacon. The "egg casserole" with cheese and green leafy veggies is easy to digest and as said, is very nutritious.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

This is a recreation of a dish my mom made when I was a kid, Green Eggs & Ham ...

IMG_2612.png

IMG_2614.png

named after the iconic Dr. Seuss book.  dr-seuss.png

It's actually a baked frittata, consisting of eggs, a lot green vegetables, cheese, mushrooms, onions, diced smoked ham and bacon. I used baby spinach, beet tops, celery, havarti cheese and basil in my version.

IMG_2611.png

IMG_2608.png

My younger sister was an exceptionally picky eater and Greens Eggs & Ham was one of the few dishes she'd eat without a struggle. The name and connection to the Dr. Seuss book had a lot to do with it.  If my mom had called it an omelet,  I doubt my sister would have eaten it. 

I'd like to think my mom can up with the recipe, but I'm sure she got it from a women's magazine.  Each portion packs a lot of nutrition that's especially good for picky eaters.  Endless variations are possible.

I like mine topped with shaved aged Parmesan, the real deal,  from a block of  imported Parmesan, not the shaker crap which doesn't deserve to be called Parmesan.

IMG_2623.png

IMG_2624.png

I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you. Thank you, Sam-I-Am.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

This is a recreation of a dish my mom made when I was a kid, Green Eggs & Ham ...

IMG_2612.png

IMG_2614.png

named after the iconic Dr. Seuss book.  dr-seuss.png

It's actually a baked frittata, consisting of eggs, a lot green vegetables, cheese, mushrooms, onions, diced smoked ham and bacon. I used baby spinach, beet tops, celery, havarti cheese and basil in my version.

IMG_2611.png

IMG_2608.png

My younger sister was an exceptionally picky eater and Greens Eggs & Ham was one of the few dishes she'd eat without a struggle. The name and connection to the Dr. Seuss book had a lot to do with it.  If my mom had called it an omelet,  I doubt my sister would have eaten it. 

I'd like to think my mom can up with the recipe, but I'm sure she got it from a women's magazine.  Each portion packs a lot of nutrition that's especially good for picky eaters.  Endless variations are possible.

I like mine topped with shaved aged Parmesan, the real deal,  from a block of  imported Parmesan, not the shaker crap which doesn't deserve to be called Parmesan.

IMG_2623.png

IMG_2624.png

Wow !!! Tremendous....

Looks similar to that egg/cheese cassorole I used to see a few years back around Christmas.

17 hours ago, Butch said:

As today is mothers day and the Mrs wanted to eat in the garden because it's sunny and pleasant, I decided to opt for 2 salads and Salmon Larb , or at least my take on it, not strictly the same as the Thai version as less spice and I thinly sliced it as well.

The Salads are basically Rocket and Spinach base with caramelised peaches which have been cooked in a honey caramel until soft. The remaining caramel is drizzled over the salad to add a balance of sweetness, with some red grapes, cherry tomatoes thrown in for good measure and a Burrata in the centre of one, which when broken adds more texture and flavour.

The other Salad had the cheese left out for one of the girls who visited as she has an allergy.

Lastly a store bought Ciabatta with an Olive oil / Basalmic vinegar mix.

IMG_20220327_184330 (Medium).jpg

That's superb mate. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

You love the carbs .. lucky you are skinny 555

I've put a little weight on but can still get in my 32 jeans 👖

With not working and being at home more and less active I've also been eating more in the day than I would when working. So should be back working in two weeks so can get back on my usual diet.

The lunches I've been posting are usually weekend only, but become more regular being at home so much recently.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I've put a little weight on but can still get in my 32 jeans 👖

With not working and being at home more and less active I've also been eating more in the day than I would when working. So should be back working in two weeks so can get back on my usual diet.

The lunches I've been posting are usually weekend only, but become more regular being at home so much recently.

Wow ! 32's ?

I haven't worn those since high school. I'm struggling now to get back into my 34's where I was for about 10 years. Until fucking covid came along. Making progress though. Sure as f**k doesn't get any easier.

That's why I almost always wear shorts, even when it's cold here. Only things that'll fit.     lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Wow ! 32's ?

I haven't worn those since high school. I'm struggling now to get back into my 34's where I was for about 10 years. Until fucking covid came along. Making progress though. Sure as f**k doesn't get any easier.

That's why I almost always wear shorts, even when it's cold here. Only things that'll fit.     lol

Vegan diet and no booze mate, weight will fall off you, even without exercise.

Once I get back working and eating how I did I'll be back to about 63 kilo's, currently around 68. Main problem is large lunches I wouldn't normally eat while working. And I did pig out on cakes and chocolate at Christmas.

But it's nothing drastic and sometimes you need a break from a strict diet, as long as you actually get back to the old one.

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Once I get back working and eating how I did I'll be back to about 63 kilo's, currently around 68. Main problem is large lunches I wouldn't normally eat while working. And I did pig out on cakes and chocolate at Christmas.

But it's nothing drastic and sometimes you need a break from a strict diet, as long as you actually get back to the old one.

Yep... been there done that. Lost 40 pounds back in 2012, kept it off until this past year.

Making some progress with my daily monster walks. When I get back to CM in a couple of months it will melt off like butter.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, galenkia said:

The Boydeste diet wouldn't suit you then

• Haha 1

No pics but I have been eating much better food (well to lose weight anyway).

Haven't had a drink in almost 4 weeks. Diet started 3 weeks ago consisting of porridge, chicken, wholegrain dark Ryvita, oat cakes, protein shakes, avocados, bananas, cottage cheese, swiss cheese, eggs, eggs, eggs, beef, chia seeds, brown basmati with quinoa and pumpkins, easy peeler oranges, chilli hummus, green tea, Greek yoghurt and a few other healthy options.

Lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks which is a good start. 

Kind of took my cue from @galenkia after looking at myself in a mirror and deciding that I really needed to lose some weight. Was going to the gym which assists the loss of weight but I read that over 80% is in your diet if seriously wanting to achieve a weight loss goal.

My heart tablets are to be blamed a little bit as the doctor says they will increase weight and age does not help as I am soon to be 67 but lack of meaningful exercise during the winter hasn't helped.

Feeling good at the moment and hope to lose another 14 lbs before I attend a reunion at the beginning of May.

Funny thing is that after the first week of not drinking I have no desire to drink any alcohol and the food options are not as bad as they seem, some tasty meals are easily put together.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2