Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

20 minutes ago, Painter said:

Chicken penang. Never as good if you have to cook it yourself, but I haven't got a hole-in-the-wall outside the front door...

😞

20220418_174337.jpg

Looks a bit watery mate. Bet the flavour wasn’t too intense?

29 minutes ago, Painter said:

Flavour was fine, but yes, rather thin. Should have reduced it a bit more, I think

Not sure how you cooked it, but if you had a paste sometimes the best option is to stir fry it to keep the flavour and not add much if any liquid. I’m shit at adding coconut/liquid and adjusting from there. Easy for western food for me but I just can’t do it with Thai curry’s.

If I go to an unknown Thai restaurant I mostly just ask for stir fried curry paste version instead of curry proper as I know the flavour will probably still be there.

Thats said I’m no expert, but I have Kapow nailed by trial and a few adjustments!

Edited by Sangsom
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Painter said:

Flavour was fine, but yes, rather thin. Should have reduced it a bit more, I think

Trial and error, mate. Even those big name tv chefs burned the bouillabaisse once or twice.

Besides, that dish looked plenty tasty to me!

• Like 1

Lunch at Finnegan's Ban Chang.  Beef burritos.

FinnBurrito.jpg

It's an Irish pub, so only vaguely Tex-Mex, but good enough.  It's the nearest place for that unless I make it myself.  When I cook it's to feed four people twice, which I don't need to do for a while.

For dinner, also from Finnegan's.

FinnPizza.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I'm turning vegi if it all that yummy

Vegan/vegetarian food has improved so much. Big market these days. Great way of keeping your weight down. Meat and dairy piles the pounds on.

Best decision along with stopping drinking I ever made.

Good for my gout, plus the ethical treatment of animals and environmental positives. Don't wanna sound preachy but it was a major factor in my choice to cut out animal products.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Spicy vegetables tempura fritters, potatoes and cabbage medley, with black rice vinegar dip and ploughman's chutney.

IMG_20220423_113707.jpg

That looks tremendous Gal !

I hope when I get out of here I can start finding stuff like that and give it  a go.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1