Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

Jomtien - Cafe Blu

This is more intended as a restaurant review. If there is a better thread for this post, please let me know.

Cafe Blu opened about 6 months ago. I only recently heard about it.

https://www.facebook.com/cafeblupattaya/

The restaurant is located in the Arcadia Beach Resort, which is very near Cafe des Amis. You can drive into the resort and park in a covered garage and take an easily accessible elevator to the 2nd floor. The restaurant is owned/operated by the same person (Blu) who owns/operates Cafe des Amis. The restaurant does have what I consider to be a very deep menu for a casual restaurant.

There are big differences between Cafe des Amis and Cafe Blu. Cafe Blu is a casual bar/restaurant with many items on the menu being around 300 THB. There is also a common thread between the two restaurants. The table settings, food, service, and overhead music are very well done. It is a very pleasant place to have a lighter dinner at a lower cost. The GF and I both really liked it.

Highly recommended to say the least. They had a very slow night this evening and I hear that is the norm at this point. I would categorize it as having a similar target menu and price range as Sandbar, Cafe Sands, and Peaky Blinders. Of the 4 I think that Cafe Blu is in the running for the best quality of ambiance, service, and food. 

A few pics.

I had a Bacon Cheeseburger and Fries. Very nicely done and the fries were properly lightly salted.

Cafe Blu - A.jpg

The GF had Pad Thai. She usually criticizes what she considers to be Farang Thai Food, but considered this dish to be well prepared. I tasted a bit and I agree.

Cafe Blu - B.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1