Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

37 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Had an eyetest so called in the butchers for some steak….shouldn’t do that just before lunchtime….pork pie was luvverley!

a00c4e77-250a-4c40-a337-a06ded1c60ba.jpg

That needs to be heated up in the oven and then half a tin of mushy peas added for a real treat.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

That needs to be heated up in the oven and then half a tin of mushy peas added for a real treat.

Are you from Leeds (Yorkshire).

Reason I ask is that I once saw a load of pies in a shop in the Corn Exchange in Leeds city centre, most of them seemed to be covered in, what looked like, mushy peas. Never seen pies like that before.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

Pork pies should be eaten cold, never heated, especially if they have gelatin inside...

Mushy peas optional, a good English mustard compulsory......

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Pork pies should be eaten cold, never heated, especially if they have gelatin inside...

Agreed on the english mustard. You are wrong on the heating - give it a try

26 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Are you from Leeds (Yorkshire).

Reason I ask is that I once saw a load of pies in a shop in the Corn Exchange in Leeds city centre, most of them seemed to be covered in, what looked like, mushy peas. Never seen pies like that before.

Not far from. My knowledge of heating pork pies is from lancashire (adding mushy peas just obvious). Try a large pork pie, enough for 4, heated and a side of mushy peas - perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Never had a hot pork pie but always have some English mustard.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, coxyhog said:

Never had a hot pork pie but always have some English mustard.

Yes must have mustard. I'm not sure if the Queen Vic, soi 6 Pattaya still does pork pies, but in days gone by that was a dream before staggering down to nightwish and spider girl bar.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Man.... You'd have to go on depression meds if something happened to the baked bean supply.   🤥

There has been a shortage of them here in Thailand for a few months now, only recently supplies have started to trickle back in again. But the prices are very high, so much so that BB's may soon be regarded as 'fine food' and not an everyday staple.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

There has been a shortage of them here in Thailand for a few months now, only recently supplies have started to trickle back in again. But the prices are very high, so much so that BB's may soon be regarded as 'fine food' and not an everyday staple.....

It's amazing how most canned foods are so highly priced here.

We were talking in here somewhere the other day about Worchesteshire sauce. Again, I was looking in the Thai sauce section. Every type of sauce you could possibly think of was there. No Worchestesire.

I finally found it tucked away on the bottom shelf in the foreign foods section. Some brand I have never heard of before. WTF ?

14 hours ago, galenkia said:

Always have a hot Bovril when I’m at football, love it.

I used to,but they only sell expensive coffee at Vicarage Road now.

Then in the winter I started taking a thermos of Bovril but they've banned that in case I throw my expensive thermos at someone I don't like.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I finally found it tucked away on the bottom shelf in the foreign foods section.

Assuming that you live here in Thailand, and being it's an imported product, would that not be the obvious place to look first ???

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Assuming that you live here in Thailand, and being it's an imported product, would that not be the obvious place to look first ???

Ahh,   I thought it would be more common as there is a figgen sauce section that has everything under the sun.

Excuse me Steve.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Some brand I have never heard of before. WTF ?

Sarson's do a Worcestershire sauce but in my mind you can't beat Lee and Perrins ..

.. Although you may have bought a bottle of Henderson's relish which you should never never call a Worcestershire Sauce in earshot of a Yorkshireman ... especially from Sheffield 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2