Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

16 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Never a dull moment in Thailand. A first for me.

I ordered a tea with milk. So I get a mug of tea and a large glass of milk. Lol

I got charged 55b for the tea and 60b for the milk. Ffs.

You just got to smile methinks. 

20231122_132346.jpg

To charge 55bt for a Yellow Label tea bag is extortion, you can't give the bloody things away in the UK, many people are convinced they are 'waterproof' and they are likely not wrong. If you like your tea to actually have flavour then there are many brands which will provide it, but Yellow Label is not one of them.....

On another topic, ref' people misunderstanding an order, may years ago a bunch of us were returning from playing golf, we stopped into a small restaurant in Soi 8 Beach road. We all ordered our meals and had devoured them whilst one of our group was still waiting for his to arrived. We were just about to ask the Waitress if she had forgotten one when a young boy came through the door puffing and panting, he gave our hungry mate a copy of Bangkok Post, he looked puzzled and the Waitress said that it was what he ordered, "No" he replied, " my order was beans on toast" ......

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

To charge 55bt for a Yellow Label tea bag is extortion, you can't give the bloody things away in the UK, many people are convinced they are 'waterproof' and they are likely not wrong. If you like your tea to actually have flavour then there are many brands which will provide it, but Yellow Label is not one of them.....

May I ask which brands in Pattaya are better than Yellow Label?

1 hour ago, SteveBC said:

On another topic, ref' people misunderstanding an order, may years ago a bunch of us were returning from playing golf, we stopped into a small restaurant in Soi 8 Beach road. We all ordered our meals and had devoured them whilst one of our group was still waiting for his to arrived. We were just about to ask the Waitress if she had forgotten one when a young boy came through the door puffing and panting, he gave our hungry mate a copy of Bangkok Post, he looked puzzled and the Waitress said that it was what he ordered, "No" he replied, " my order was beans on toast" ......

Funny as fcuk.  ^^^

They charge 395 baht for a box of 100 bags (standard black tea) at my local market. My jaw dropped when I saw the price. I almost left my cart there in the aisle and walked out of the store.

• Surprised 1

48 minutes ago, rajs123 said:

May I ask which brands in Pattaya are better than Yellow Label?

Most English would choose Yorkshire or PG Tips teabags, both will provide you with a mug full of good tasty tea.

There is also Tetley's and Typhoo.

All the above brands do different versions too, such as "Gold" or "1 cup".

6 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Funny as fcuk.  ^^^

They charge 395 baht for a box of 100 bags (standard black tea) at my local market. My jaw dropped when I saw the price. I almost left my cart there in the aisle and walked out of the store.

Well that's just 4bt per mugfull, so if they are a brand that you enjoy it's not all bad.....

If they are Lipton's Yellow Label, then if they were 4bt for the box they would still be expensive !!!

2 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Well that's just 4bt per mugfull, so if they are a brand that you enjoy it's not all bad.....

If they are Lipton's Yellow Label, then if they were 4bt for the box they would still be expensive !!!

$ 11 for a fcuking box of tea bags ?

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

$ 11 for a fcuking box of tea bags ?

Agreed that is does sound dear, but at least you will enjoy them 100 times,,,,,,

Ref' bacon, if you cook at home at all then the Expat shops in Pattaya sell dry-cured bacon from various local producers. It's bloody nice, shrinks just a little bit and with none of the white water/salt oozing out as one gets with the cheaper stuff. Well worth the few extra Baht mate.

4 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Agreed that is does sound dear, but at least you will enjoy them 100 times,,,,,,

Ref' bacon, if you cook at home at all then the Expat shops in Pattaya sell dry-cured bacon from various local producers. It's bloody nice, shrinks just a little bit and with none of the white water/salt oozing out as one gets with the cheaper stuff. Well worth the few extra Baht mate.

You have had better luck than I mate.

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

PBG. One of my favourite places to eat and chill out. 

Many memories eating here with my company for the night.

Spegetti bolognese with extra garlic bread.

20231119_162741.jpg

20231122_133239.jpg

Always liked a couple of hours in there in late afternoon before it got too busy. Would have a few drinks and some food. Nice looking out to the sea.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, SteveBC said:

Yellow label is pretty bad, but even worse than that is Lipton's Red Label. I had a cup of that in the departure lounge at Boracay Caticlan Airport (actually a small garden outside the small check in area).

It was served on the saucer of a cup of 'hot' water so you had to dunk it yourself. Even leaving it stewing for a minute didn't produce any discernible taste, absolutely disgusting.

I always take PG Tips teabags with me when I travel, I also take my own 'Mighty Mug' to ensure I get a good sized cuppa. Purchased at FN Outlet just north of the airport in Hua Hin.

Mighty Mug.png

Philippines is the home of Red Liptons, you are lucky if you get a Yellow Label.

• Great Info 1