Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Our 33rd anniversary meal,the missus always wants to cook rather than eat out.

First one is a sort of DIY prawn cocktail(she ate the heads,me the bodies),then a filet steak,she had a steak medallion.I thought it was going to be pepper sauce but turned out to be honey & mustard,which was a bit bland so I added a load of her chili sauce.So I was eating Colman's English mustard with Thai chili.

Washed down with a bottle of cheapo Tesco Champagne....as I type this I'm just about to open a nice red.

The last one was why I married her in 1991.....

PHOTO-2024-01-23-18-48-29.jpg

PHOTO-2024-01-23-18-51-03.jpg

PHOTO-2024-01-23-18-51-21.jpg

415777973_419085497141653_5557616381450846305_n.jpeg

That chair reminds me of the Bamboo bar in Pattaya back in the glorious 80s. Chair might still be there.

7 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I put brown sauce on pie meals and breakfasts. I put tomato sauce only on fish and chips.

Proof added lol

IMG20240121141203.jpg

Mustard for me pies and fries

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I put brown sauce on pie meals and breakfasts. I put tomato sauce only on fish and chips.

Proof added lol

Sauces and condiments are big business these days, there have been some major scientific studies into the regional preferences for sauces and influence of local customs, climate and marketing strategies.

World-Map-of-Condiments.jpg

21 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Sauces and condiments are big business these days, there have been some major scientific studies into the regional preferences for sauces and influence of local customs, climate and marketing strategies.

Japan should be included in soy but a lot of south east Asia should be fish sauce 😃

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, tko said:

Japan should be included in soy but a lot of south east Asia should be fish sauce 😃

Yes good point. Also I think mayo isn't really correct for UK. Should be brown sauce, ketchup or maybe as an outsider salad cream - sales figures needed. Africa? can't remember

12 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Africa? can't remember

Whatever sauce they choose to dip their Fufu in I guess .. but during my time there the spread of that disgusting peri peri sauce from South Africa seemed to be taking over with Nandos.

I can't imagine how vomit inducing it would be to add peri peri to fufu though.

I'm gagging just at the thought of it !!

33 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Yes good point. Also I think mayo isn't really correct for UK. Should be brown sauce, ketchup or maybe as an outsider salad cream - sales figures needed. Africa? can't remember

12 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Whatever sauce they choose to dip their Fufu in I guess .. but during my time there the spread of that disgusting peri peri sauce from South Africa seemed to be taking over with Nandos.

I can't imagine how vomit inducing it would be to add peri peri to fufu though.

I'm gagging just at the thought of it !!

555555 ! to both of you.

I'm not saying anything.     🤐

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

Nutella for Australia?
I think you are wrong here and it should be vegemite.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Lovely, just been served

20240123_200231.jpg

Update. Unfortunately, whilst very tasty, it came out almost as quickly as it went in. I had to make a speedy return to my hotel room an hour later 😁

Oh well, at least it cleared the decks and I was able to head out on the town again without fear of self defecation 🤯🤯

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

15 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

A mess of big prawns breaded and deep fried with some homemade sweet and sour sauce not that bottled crap and some chips / french fries or whatever you guys want to call them. They were done in the air fryer.

IMG_20240124_151820.jpg

Deep fried in an air fryer? Maybe you mean the freedom fries were air fried and the shrimp deep fried separately?

My air fryer is basically a convection oven so I'd be curious how you deep fry in yours. But every day is a school day in a kitchen for me.

3 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Nutella for Australia?
I think you are wrong here and it should be vegemite.

First time I saw mayonnaise on fries I almost sent them back but now I kinda like it.

20 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

A mess of big prawns breaded and deep fried with some homemade sweet and sour sauce not that bottled crap and some chips / french fries or whatever you guys want to call them. They were done in the air fryer.

IMG_20240124_151820.jpg

Sometimes nothing hits the spot like some home fried food.