Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

On 1/5/2024 at 11:44 PM, Glasseye said:

Yes, I also thought that the comment relating it to the "size of India" was a bit off. But, set that aside as I continued. Otherwise a very well written and and appreciated read.

Cheers !

I just read the article as well and learned a great deal about this fascinating, heroic man. What a life he lived in service to his country. The Greatest Generation encompassed great men and sacrifice from both sides of the Atlantic.

RIP Major Sadler.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/10/2024 at 1:38 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

We were always visited by the nit doctor at school and it was always me or my sisters that had them..

A week of that foul smelling thick yellow shampoo soon sorted them out !!!

I've started scratching my head now !!!

we call the old hag that ran her fingers through our hair at school, Nitty Nora, the Nit nurse. 🤣
We didn’t have a nurse for kids that got worms, I wonder why. 😉

Edited by KhunDon
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Me Too mate .. It seems so odd to me that she was 83 ... 

Time flies Derek. It seems only yesterday that I was watching her on the OGWT on TV. 

Has she outlived Janice Long? I'll Google it now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just putting this here as it may be relevant to those in Thailand who have traveled to Hua Hin and enjoy watching the bands that strut their stuff in the bars..

It is Mr Cha, who has passed away, the base player with the Crazy Bull Band. They play every week at Calypso bar, Fame Bar, Woodstock bar and Father Teds. 

I always watch the band's sessions in Calypso bar as my hotel (Initial Condo is next door) and at Fame.

Appears he has died only recently, but not too much info on how he died. Just an RIP on their Facebook page.

Mr Cha.jpg

Crazy Bull Band.jpg

• Sad 4

Just an update to the above as I have seen comments on another site, 

Crazy Bull Band bassist, Cha, was stricken with a sudden brain aneurysm early Sunday morning and has passed away.

Another site (Father Teds)

We would like to express our deepest condolences to the family of Cha, The bassist from the amazing Crazy Bull Band who sadly passed away in Hua Hin hospital last night.

Cha has been a major contributor to the live music scene over here in Hua Hin for a very long time now and it has been an absolute privilege and pleasure to have had the opportunity to work with Cha who performed here so many Monday nights in Ted's.
Edited by Horizondave
  • Sad 3

Canadian director/producer Norman Jewison has passed at 97. Directed In the Heat of the Night, F.I.S.T, Moonstruck, The Hurricane, and other films. Hardly did anything since the millennium, and he was a Protestant, everyone thought because of his name he was Jewish

Nominated for 7 Oscars but never won

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Jewison

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

German music producer Frank Farian aged 82.

He was the man who created the pop groups Boney M and Milli Vanilli. He also produced Meat Loaf and Stevie Wonder among others.

RIP

I heard he was not always the nicest guy to work with....

5 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

No f—king way! She was a huge star for several years…..double overdose found with her boyfriend 

image.png

I've not cum across her before ... 💦

just checking xhamster to see her body of work ..

:default_527:

• Haha 2