COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Some good news...

Govt mulls easing virus curbs

The Public Health Ministry will propose easing Covid-19 curbs in light of the diminishing threat posed by the virus's Omicron variant.

Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that even though new daily cases linked with Omicron have increased since New Year, the number of people with severe symptoms on ventilators or in intensive care units is still low.

Also, the daily fatalities have not exceeded 20 for a while, he said.

"This is a reason to be confident, for even though Omicron is highly transmissible it is still less severe than the Delta variant," Mr Anutin said.

"In light of the positive trend, the Public Health Ministry will ask the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) to ease as many containment measures as possible quickly. But if there are still threats to public health, the ministry will also propose measures for the public's safety," Mr Anutin said.

Does anyone else feel that they may be a bit premature here?

3 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Does anyone else feel that they may be a bit premature here?

Given how mild the symptoms are, there isn't a good justification for the current level of restrictions. Let the virus run its course like we've done in the past for the cold and flu season.

• Like 2

Something I learned to day was that my wife's nieces and nephews haven't attended school for over a year due to the pandemic.  I was quite shocked by that news.

I do know a friend whose kids were in an international school and were not even getting lessons online or any work to do at home, he has now brought his kids to the UK to continue their education.

Very sad and wondering if anybody here has kids in Thailand affected by this closure in either a Thai school or an international one.

• Surprised 1

An Update of Covid Cases in Pattaya City and the immediate close Sub Districts of Nong Prue, Naklua & Huai Yai, ie the Pattaya Area during the current restrictions to 16 December 2022 -

Numbers have been volatile but are currently well off their Peaks.

Case numbers for the Pattaya Area dominate Banglamung District and Chon Buri Province -

The Data -

Pattaya cases 220116.png

The Chart -

Pattaya cases Chart 220116.png

Edited by Zeb
  • Great Info 2

On 1/13/2022 at 10:36 AM, forcebwithu said:

Several weeks ago I came down with symptoms of a particularly bad cold that has lingered for several weeks. Just to make sure it wasn't Covid I did several LFT's which all came back negative. But given how long the symptoms lasted I got to wondering how effective LFT's are at detecting the latest Omicron variant. Turns out others are wondering the same.

Lateral flow tests are being examined by researchers amid Omicron detection concerns

Lateral flow tests may FAIL to spot Omicron when people are most infectious, study warns

These are the RATs approved by the Oz TGA (sorta like the FDA). Unfortunately a list of the tests submitted and rejected isn't available.

The following COVID-19 self-tests have been approved by the TGA for supply in
Australia.

The following kits have been given a “very high sensitivity” label: (95% accuracy compared to PCR)

All Test SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test (Nasal Swab) (ICOV-502H) Self-Test – Nasal swab
Hangzhou Alltest Biotech Co Ltd (China)

LYHER Novel coronavirus (Covid-19) Antigen Test Kit (Colloidal Gold) Self-Test – Nasal swab
Hangzhou Laihe Biotech Co Ltd (China)

Onsite COVID-19 Ag Self Test – Nasal swab
CTK Biotech Inc (USA)

Panbio COVID-19 Antigen Self-Test – Nasal swab
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics Jena GmbH (Germany)

Rapid SARS-COV-2 Antigen Test Card Self-test – Nasal swab
MP Biomedicals Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (Singapore)

V-Chek COVID-19 Antigen Saliva Test – Saliva
Guangzhou Decheng Biotechnology Co Ltd (China)

The following have been given the “high sensitivity” label: (90% accuracy compared to PCR)

All Test COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (Oral Fluid) Self-Test (ICOV-802H) – Oral fluid
Hangzhou Alltest Biotech Co Ltd (China)

Hough COVID-19 Home Test – Nasal swab
BIOHIT HealthCare (Hefei) Co Ltd (China)

JusChek SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test (Nasal Swab) INCP-502H Self Test – Nasal swab
Hangzhou Alltest Biotech Co Ltd

JusChek COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (Oral Fluid) ICOV-802H Self Test – Oral fluid
Hangzhou Alltest Biotech Co Ltd

My Covid Test Antigen Rapid Test (Oral Fluid) (ICOV-802H) Self-Test – Oral fluid
Hangzhou Alltest Biotech Co Ltd China

Orawell COVID-19 Ag Rapid saliva test device (Self-test) – Saliva
Jiangsu Well Biotech Co Ltd (China)

RightSign COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Cassette (Nasal Swab) – Nasal swab
Hangzhou Biotest Biotech Co Ltd (China)

TESTSEALABS COVID-19 Antigen Test Cassette – Nasal swab
Hangzhou Testsea Biotechnology Co Ltd (China)

These have been labelled “acceptable sensitivity”: (80% accuracy compared to PCR)

CareStart COVID-19 Antigen Home Test – Nasal swab
Access Bio Inc (United States of America)

Ecotest COVID-19 Antigen Saliva Test kit (COV-S35Pen) – Saliva
Assure Tech (Hangzhou) Co Ltd (China)

InnoScreen COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Device (Self Test) – Nasal swab
Innovation Scientific Pty Ltd (Australia)

SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Self Test Nasal – Nasal swab
SD Biosensor Inc (Korea - Republic of)

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

^^^ It's doubtful the test kits used by Thailand have undergone independent testing of their quality. I also recall news reports last year of a group of Dr's expressing their concern over the quality of the test kits ordered.

That's why I included the manufacturer, you may be able to source kits from one of the TGA approved manufacturers.

An importer who wants to import kits supplies samples to the TGA for testing. If the TGA finds the kits acceptable the importer gets an import license.

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

From @boydeste's post I could see the company name on the test kit box is HIP Global. That name, nor HIP Biotech appears on either of the two lists you posted.

From HIP Global's website profile page their main business is distributor of security products (fingerprint scanners). Wonder where they're sourcing from, and what quality the test kits are.

Due to draconian defamation and slander laws in Thailand I'll resist the urge to post the rest of my thoughts on the subject.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

From @boydeste's post I could see the company name on the test kit box is HIP Global. That name, nor HIP Biotech appears on either of the two lists you posted.

From HIP Global's website profile page their main business is distributor of security products (fingerprint scanners). Wonder where they're sourcing from, and what quality the test kits are.

Due to draconian defamation and slander laws in Thailand I'll resist the urge to post the rest of my thoughts on the subject.

This site sells HIP Biotech RATs. Looks like they claim 95% sensitivity.

https://www.medvine.com/th-en/product/disposables/antigen-test-kit-atk/hip-biotech-rapid-saras-cov-2-antigen-test-card

A couple of photos for the Thais selling stuff online thread.

image.pngimage.png

Actually they're from some of the instructional videos listed here.

https://www.fda.moph.go.th/sites/Medical/Shared Documents/ข้อมูลรายชื่อชุดตรวจและน้ำยา COVID-19 Home use.pdf

If you were an expat looking at your own positive antigen test would you advise anyone official of the result?

I thought not.

If you were a Thai looking at your own positive antigen test and not desperate for 10 days free food in a dormitory with a 100+ other Thai's would you advise anyone official of the result? 

haasip/haasip ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

If you were an expat looking at your own positive antigen test would you advise anyone official of the result?

I thought not.

If you were a Thai looking at your own positive antigen test and not desperate for 10 days free food in a dormitory with a 100+ other Thai's would you advise anyone official of the result? 

haasip/haasip ?

I'd just probably pop in here first and think about it for a few hours .....

Blast from the past for you mate ...

thumbnail.jpeg

A friend of mine is leaving Thailand soon to travel to UK but even though the UK no longer requires a test before arriving Heathrow the fact that he is traveling via Singapore in transit he is still required to provide a negative PCR or Antigen test otherwise SQ will refuse him boarding.  

The need to check all the travel regulations is still paramount and can be confusing for some if time is not invested in checking rules.

As some have said here a non stop flight could prove beneficial.

• Like 2

Thailand mulls resuming quarantine waiver for foreign visitors

BANGKOK, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Thailand is considering bringing back a quarantine waiver for vaccinated visitors, its health minister said on Monday, as part of a proposed easing of some COVID-19 measures later this week.

Thailand reopened to vaccinated foreign visitors in November to help a vital tourism industry that collapsed during nearly 18 months of strict entry policies. It saw about 200,000 arrivals last year, compared to nearly 40 million in 2019.

The 'Test and Go' policy, which allows visitors to skip the mandatory quarantine if they test negative on arrival, was suspended late in December over concerns about the spread of the Omicron coronavirus variant.

"We will propose measures that can be done safely and are medically sound," Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul told Reuters.

"If approved it can start by Feb. 1," he said of the quarantine waiver.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailand-mulls-resuming-quarantine-waiver-foreign-visitors-2022-01-17/

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 10:44 AM, Horizondave said:

Something I learned to day was that my wife's nieces and nephews haven't attended school for over a year due to the pandemic.  I was quite shocked by that news.

I do know a friend whose kids were in an international school and were not even getting lessons online or any work to do at home, he has now brought his kids to the UK to continue their education.

Very sad and wondering if anybody here has kids in Thailand affected by this closure in either a Thai school or an international one.

Schools are open in Sisaket. They mask up. Photo (below) is from today.

Baby mama says "no Covid" when I ask about the home village.

272025563_4758472987579166_1482135728356506179_n.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Schools are open in Sisaket. They mask up. Photo (below) is from today.

Baby mama says "no Covid" when I ask about the home village.

272025563_4758472987579166_1482135728356506179_n.jpg

It must be certain provinces then, Khon Kaen is the one relating to my nieces and nephews.

I do find it unreal that they haven't been at school for so long but my wife seems to confirm this is the case and Thais are never wrong are they!.

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2022 at 11:45 AM, nampla69 said:

I'd just probably pop in here first and think about it for a few hours .....

Blast from the past for you mate ...

thumbnail.jpeg

It has been gentrified since I last visited. 🤣

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/18/2022 at 1:52 AM, Horizondave said:

It must be certain provinces then, Khon Kaen is the one relating to my nieces and nephews.

I do find it unreal that they haven't been at school for so long but my wife seems to confirm this is the case and Thais are never wrong are they!.

It probably varies from school 'district' to school district. Every school out in the countryside seems to operate as it's own entity much like the various wats. Leadership has a lot to do with it, too.

From what I have heard and seen (in photos), the people in the villages supporting the school I mentioned (outside of Uthumphon Pisai, Sisaket) are extremely careful about Covid. There are many elders (especially grandmas) and they take protecting them seriously.

262411038_4552375188192009_320940109235130505_n.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/18/2022 at 9:52 AM, Horizondave said:

Same in Korat closed mostly.

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

It has been gentrified since I last visited. 🤣

Not a Paddy to be seen these days and none of the Kinks popping in anymore either. Shut for years just re-opened. Soulless and boring and about £6.50 a pint and lagers I've never heard of all Craft shite.

• Like 3

Test and Go resuming February 1st and Pattaya restored to the Sandbox list.  2 PCRs required (and it sounds like a hotel night must be booked to facilitate the second one).

Restaurants to be allowed to open until 11:00pm but that needs local approval so maybe a few days yet.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1