COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

38 minutes ago, Krapow said:

f**k that, man!

Your immune system would be wrecked, especially so quick together.

I understand with the Chinese rice water it's best to get other vaccines, but f**k that.

I'm undecided if i'll get anymore even once they bring it in for once a year like the flu jab, it'll depend on the variant situation then. Had i knew Omicron would have taken over when i got the booster in October, i'd probably have held off, though travel restrictions probably would have pushed me TBH.

And no chance my 5 year old will be getting the covid vaccine she doesn't need and the risk/benefit is so blurred at that age.

I'm the same

A women I know this week who works for the NHS has just had her 4th (she didn't go into it , but said she had underlying health condition)

No chance for me now maybe once a year that Omicron isn't worth a wank 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, roomark said:

I'm the same

A women I know this week who works for the NHS has just had her 4th (she didn't go into it , but said she had underlying health condition)

No chance for me now maybe once a year that Omicron isn't worth a wank 🤣🤣

Yea, i can understand if there person has an underlying health issue, immunosuppressed or something relevant, similar if you had a young child the same. 

Though to each their own, the sooner this debacle gets moved to endemic, no more Gov mandates, people are trusted to take personal responsibility, those that want or need a vaccine crack on, those that don't the same etc, the better.

• Thumbs Up 1

New cases in Thailand have been hovering around 8k (+- 1k) for some time now. Chonburi the range seems to have settled around either side of 400. Doesn't seem natural as a lot of countries have seen exponential growth followed by an equally steep fall off in the numbers.

My guess is we're still in the exponential growth stage, but only enough testing is done so as to hide the true nature of the spread of the virus here. Not that I'm complaining as that also means less chance of a knee jerk reaction to the mild Omicron variant.

8,008 new Covid cases, 16 more deaths

272956565_5038594882870959_8239706758713218349_n.jpg

• Like 1

Anutin must be hanging out on Soi 4...

. . .

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnveerakul complains on Thursday that foreigners in Thailand tend to not wear sanitary masks to protect themselves and others from possible COVID-19 infections.

"Foreigners tend not to wear masks. May be it's cultural but whatever the reason we must discuss with CCSA on what to do about it," Anutin said, referring to the government Center for COVID19 Situation Admistration. Thursday saw a rise of new infections reaching over nine thousands for the first time in weeks.

273368307_5193311937354363_6683775013215144070_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/photos/a.848518215167112/5193311947354362/

Mate just leaving Bangkok on Singapore Airlines back to UK. Says the airport was empty, checked in about 5 mins, through  security and immigration in 5 mins and departure lounge sparse of people.

Now on plane (photo taken 20 mins ago) and says it is like a private plane ride, only about 20 in economy.

received_816305259770360.jpeg

Covid has had some benefits.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Anutin must be hanging out on Soi 4...

. . .

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnveerakul complains on Thursday that foreigners in Thailand tend to not wear sanitary masks to protect themselves and others from possible COVID-19 infections.

"Foreigners tend not to wear masks. May be it's cultural but whatever the reason we must discuss with CCSA on what to do about it," Anutin said, referring to the government Center for COVID19 Situation Admistration. Thursday saw a rise of new infections reaching over nine thousands for the first time in weeks.

273368307_5193311937354363_6683775013215144070_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/photos/a.848518215167112/5193311947354362/

Il take a guess at some proposals already put forward for what to do about falang not wears masks $$$  

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2022 at 8:33 AM, forcebwithu said:

New cases in Thailand have been hovering around 8k (+- 1k) for some time now. Chonburi the range seems to have settled around either side of 400. Doesn't seem natural as a lot of countries have seen exponential growth followed by an equally steep fall off in the numbers.

My guess is we're still in the exponential growth stage, but only enough testing is done so as to hide the true nature of the spread of the virus here. Not that I'm complaining as that also means less chance of a knee jerk reaction to the mild Omicron variant.

8,008 new Covid cases, 16 more deaths

272956565_5038594882870959_8239706758713218349_n.jpg

This was pointed out by Tim on the Tighger,  saying how the figures have stayed the same for several weeks and how odd and unusual that is compared to how it behaves in other countries. Guess what, after his broadcast, the very next day the figures published shot up and have done since! Lol.

• Like 2

Happy to see the Thai govt adjusting to only report on the Covid numbers that should matter, serious hospitalizations and deaths. Unfortunately, as they say, the devil is in the details. This change in reporting will only be a test, and they haven't announced when this test will begin. SSDD

The Thai government is planning to adjust the daily reports of the Covid-19 infections as a test for two days a week to, according to them, reduce public anxiety as the rates of critical patients and deaths have become stable despite the number of daily infections that has surpassed ten thousand cases for four consecutive days.

The proposed change essentially means the reports will focus ONLY on hospitalizations with serious cases (pneumonia or ventilators, and deaths) vs focusing on cases. The test would begin for two days a week, with the intention to eventually completely focus on deaths and serious hospitalizations vs. cases.

TPN media notes, however, that there is no “specific date” on when this program/test will begin.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Happy to see the Thai govt adjusting to only report on the Covid numbers that should matter, serious hospitalizations and deaths. Unfortunately, as they say, the devil is in the details. This change in reporting will only be a test, and they haven't announced when this test will begin. SSDD

The Thai government is planning to adjust the daily reports of the Covid-19 infections as a test for two days a week to, according to them, reduce public anxiety as the rates of critical patients and deaths have become stable despite the number of daily infections that has surpassed ten thousand cases for four consecutive days.

The proposed change essentially means the reports will focus ONLY on hospitalizations with serious cases (pneumonia or ventilators, and deaths) vs focusing on cases. The test would begin for two days a week, with the intention to eventually completely focus on deaths and serious hospitalizations vs. cases.

TPN media notes, however, that there is no “specific date” on when this program/test will begin.

Unfortunately, what they report has little or no bearing on the real figures due to the limited testing.  The entry requirements are probably not going to change any time soon and that's what we really need to change. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

In the meanwhile a TH gov'mint doctor says Covid infections are expected to rise in the next few months...

. . .

There May Be No Songkran Celebrations If COVID-19 Kept Surging, Expert Warns

BANGKOK -- Jakrath Pittayawong-anon, director of the epidemiology division at the Department of Disease Control, said Wednesday that the latest COVID-19 surge may by the end of the month leads to a possible daily infections of 30,000 people. This means a possible ban on Songkran celebrations in April, he added.

Wednesday saw over 13,000 new infections reported over the past 24 hours with an additional 5,928 infections detected by ATK test kits.

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/photos/a.848518215167112/5212979848720905

Edited by lazarus
burp.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of spending a few days on koh samet. Just received this in an email from the hotel...

Please be informed that travelers who wish to travel to Koh Samed from 19 February 2022 onward must have these requirements:

1. Have received 1 dose of COVID-19 vaccine.

2. Have to bring ATK test (Nasal Swab and FDA approved) to test by yourself at the pier.

After receiving a negative result, the officer at the pier will give you a marker sticker. When you arrive at Nadan pier on Koh Samed, the National Park officer will check it again.

(Children aged under 12 If accompanied by parents or legal guardians are exempt from these requirements.)

If you would not like to test by yourself at the pier, you can do with any point such as clinic or hospital within 72 hours before traveling but the certificate is still required to show at the pier.

Edited by Painter
  • Great Info 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

More fear mongering and counter-productive to the "learning to live with Covid" goal. Wonder how deep in someone's ass they had to reach to pull the 100,000 number out.

'Endemic' status still some way off: expert

The kingdom is expected to record about 100,000 new Covid-19 cases per day following the Songkran holiday, according to Dr Prasit Watanapa, dean of Siriraj Hospital's medical school under Mahidol University.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

More fear mongering and counter-productive to the "learning to live with Covid" goal. Wonder how deep in someone's ass they had to reach to pull the 100,000 number out.

'Endemic' status still some way off: expert

The kingdom is expected to record about 100,000 new Covid-19 cases per day following the Songkran holiday, according to Dr Prasit Watanapa, dean of Siriraj Hospital's medical school under Mahidol University.

100k a day seems like alot, but TIT, so no surprise with their estimates. Any idea as far as overall hospitalizations how Thailand is doing?  Wifey says it is still pretty high...not good.

Here is USA, we are at an all time low as far as hospitalizations........have a gal pal at the gym, who tells me the same. She is a Nurse in the ICU and they currently have only 2 patients as of last Sunday at her place. Neither on Ventilator, just treatments. 

• Great Info 2

7 hours ago, Yessongs said:

100k a day seems like alot, but TIT, so no surprise with their estimates. Any idea as far as overall hospitalizations how Thailand is doing?  Wifey says it is still pretty high...not good.

Here is USA, we are at an all time low as far as hospitalizations........have a gal pal at the gym, who tells me the same. She is a Nurse in the ICU and they currently have only 2 patients as of last Sunday at her place. Neither on Ventilator, just treatments. 

According to this site, Thailand is using 15% of the available beds. They have a ventilator section that I believe shows how many of the 9,839 units available are used by province, but not sure how to interpret the information presented on that chart.
image.png

If you can read Thai, the MOPH Covid-19 Dashboard has information that looks to be updated daily. 

And if you're into charts, you can fill your boots at this site. While CFR is only a rough estimate of the death rate due to the China virus, I found this chart on the site interesting as it shows how low the CFR is, especially for those <70.
image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 5:21 PM, forcebwithu said:

I found this chart on the site interesting as it shows how low the CFR is, especially for those <70.

Seems a good vaccination rate (72.8% w/2 doses), better treatment strategies and meds, and immunity acquired through infection are helping keep the current death rate low among the younger set.

Presently, in my city there's more Covid cases (from what I hear anecdotally). However, hospitalizations are low.

https://sf.gov/data/covid-19-hospitalizations

If this trend continues and people warm up to recommended booster shots, the longer range outlook is positive.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Seems a good vaccination rate (72.8% w/2 doses), better treatment strategies and meds, and immunity acquired through infection are helping keep the current death rate low among the younger set.

Presently, in my city there's more Covid cases (from what I hear anecdotally). However, hospitalizations are low.

https://sf.gov/data/covid-19-hospitalizations

If this trend continues and people warm up to recommended booster shots, the longer range outlook is positive.

Good narrative Laz, same in "Man Jose"  My gal pal at the gym told me last Sun, at O'Connor Hospital where she is an ER Nurse, they only have 1 Covid patient.......just getting treatment and not on a Ventilator....great news really. 

Wifey had her 4th shot Tuesday, very, very sore arm for some reason. Had to take some Advil at 2:00am. Back to normal today......she told me she can " gib me hand job now" LOL! 

I am getting 4th shot of Moderna next Thursday. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bazle said:

People contemplating getting a second booster (4th shot) might like to consider what is said in this video - particularly from the 15min 25sec point: 

https://youtu.be/YqTGD9LHe9g?t=925

I get a flu jab every year and if this is the start of a yearly Covid booster to keep abreast of new variants (my last flu jab covered 26 variants) then I don't really see an issue.

It is a personal decision and may not have as much urgency as before but the older I get I suppose Covid could one day knock me for 6 or worse if it is an ongoing virus that we need to live with.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I get a flu jab every year and if this is the start of a yearly Covid booster to keep abreast of new variants (my last flu jab covered 26 variants) then I don't really see an issue.

I've not seen any suggestion that what gets injected in the 4th jab is any different from the previous 3.