COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

5 hours ago, KWA said:

I had a wander around Buakhao, Beach Road Sois 7 and 13/1 and New Plaza this evening and most bars open.  Soi 7 had the least but still plenty to choose from.  I did read about a couple of places getting a visit from the police last night but it hasn't dampened anyone's enthusiasm by the look of it.

There is going to be a big boost to this year's bobbies xmas fund methinks. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I imagine the cordoned off areas for audience and spectators will be quite empty given the requirement for a Dr. certified negative China virus test within 72 hours. 

I guess people will be travelling to Pattaya via Khao San Road. 

• Haha 1

From a noted photojournalist I follow...

pbbphoto -- Hi everyone! Posing with a Thai nurse, in my room. Apologies for being out of touch. Hope you all are having a safe and happy holiday. Unfortunately I am not, managed to catch COVID in Dubai before I left for Bangkok. It’s my first time back in Thailand for 20 months was really excited to see friends that I haven’t seen in ages! Now I am at a Bangkok hospital because Thailand imposed a mandatory medical quarantine, completely insane as I am doing quite well. Never got the booster, Pfizer vaccinated 10 months ago, only slight cold symptoms. Only had slight fever for 2 days. Hopefully I can celebrate 2022 in other ways but this year is a rather sad situation.

https://www.instagram.com/pbbphoto/

Capture.JPG

Edited by lazarus
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Jambo said:

With the US and much of Europe recording record levels of daily infections one wonders how they will react when omicron really takes off in Thailand?

I would say that it is inevitable that the same pattern will emerge over the next month or so. But I think they will have all eyes on other countries to see the spread and effects of the new variant. 

I have a bad feeling that Quarantine will resume for overseas travellers to Thailand after Jan 4th 2022. Sincerely hope I am wrong 

52 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I would say that it is inevitable that the same pattern will emerge over the next month or so. But I think they will have all eyes on other countries to see the spread and effects of the new variant. 

I have a bad feeling that Quarantine will resume for overseas travellers to Thailand after Jan 4th 2022. Sincerely hope I am wrong 

"Same pattern" could be impacted by the quality of the vaccines that have been given. That will be interesting to see.

I have the same feeling!

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

With the US and much of Europe recording record levels of daily infections one wonders how they will react when omicron really takes off in Thailand?

Like everywhere else except South Africa and kinda England, it'll be panic, harsh restrictions, until they realise actually Omicron is very mild, and actually could be the way out of this debacle.

But yea, that's why i have written off Feb, and looking at May.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the BBC -

Thailand superspreader event behind Omicron cluster

More than 250 people have picked up Covid in a tightly packed and poorly ventilated bar in northern Thailand, authorities say.

Officials fear the superspreader event, linked to a couple who had travelled from Belgium, could drive a rise in Omicron cases across the country.

BBC Asia Pacific Editor Celia Hatton says the Thai authorities say a married couple returned to the north-eastern province of Kalasin after visiting relatives in Belgium. They weren't required to quarantine and so went out immediately to several bars, restaurants and shops without realising they had Covid.

The cluster has already been linked to hundreds of cases in 11 other provinces.

Thai authorities say unless more restrictions are introduced, infections could reach 30,000 cases a day by March, up from about 2,500 cases a day now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Like everywhere else except South Africa and kinda England, it'll be panic, harsh restrictions, until they realise actually Omicron is very mild, and actually could be the way out of this debacle.

But yea, that's why i have written off Feb, and looking at May.

Agreed, and I am about to write off my February trip as well - especially after receiving  an e-mail from Cathay Pacific this morning informing me that my HKG-BKK flight has been cancelled; they didn't mention the long connecting leg from YVR to HKG but one ain't much good without the other. I think I am going to contact them and re-book the whole damned trip for next November, which I can do free of charge - if by some miracle everything straightens out in the meantime over the next few months, I may book another shorter trip for April-August but I'm not too optimistic about this...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Ridiculous imo, how f****** stupid can you get ?

Looks like stupidity has no bounds as they're now blocking off the entire Bali Hai Pier area. Wonder if they'll leave a corridor for those wishing to travel to/from Koh Larn. It will also be interesting to see just how many have the required Dr.'s permission to attend a concert. That part is really taking stupidity to new levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, john luke said:

Do we need to close the bars?😀

Hoping we don't get an overreaction from the govt with the increasing numbers. Assuming the prevalent strain that is feeding the increasing numbers is Omicron, many reports for those that have been vaccinated, symptoms are no worse than a cold. That being the case it would be unwarranted for the govt to even consider another lockdown. But of course, TIT, so who knows what will happen.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

. But of course, TIT, so who knows what will happen.

Exactly, bunch of incompetants imo

7 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Assuming the prevalent strain that is feeding the increasing numbers is Omicron, many reports for those that have been vaccinated, symptoms are no worse than a cold.

Bingo

Not what we want to hear, but New Covid case at Banglamung District level have been volatile the last several days with a spike in the numbers today. Numbers are still relatively low though.

We all want that spike to wash out, but time will tell -

23/12/21 77
24/12/21 69
25/12/21 89
26/12/21 69
27/12/21 54
28/12/21 100
29/12/21 94
30/12/21 164

Remember, this is District level. Pattaya News report headline Provincial level numbers with District numbers in the daily article.

180557032_Banglamung211230.png.bbcf62140

27 minutes ago, Zeb said:
🇹🇭 The Nation: Bangkok Governor Pol General Asawin Kwanmuang has signed a BMA order closing entertainment venues, pubs, bars, karaoke shops, massage parlours and similar establishments until 15th January nationthailand.com/blogs/in-focus #Bangkok #Thailand

Think something might have got lost in the translation with the Thai News Report. Bangkok is just extending the current closure order until January 15th.

BANGKOKBangkok revises closure order, bars and nightclubs to stay closed until January 15

Bangkok officials revised its provincial closure order and extended the date the order is in effect to January 15, requiring bars and entertainment venues to remain shut for at least the next two weeks, which is in line with government’s nationwide closure order.

Approved New Year countdown events still can continue under the “Covid-19 Free Setting” measures, which require proof of vaccination or an ATK test result at the door for large events. Some bars in Bangkok, like on Khao San Road, have opened under the same measures.

Officials from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration will meet next month and will decide on whether to allow nightlife venues to reopen after being shut for months due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Bangkok governor together with the committee of the Department of Disease and Control announced that they pushed the opening date for bars and nightclubs in the capital from January 1 to January 15 to control the spread of Covid-19.

Violating the provincial disease control measure carries a penalty of up to a year in jail and a fine up to 100,000 baht. Violators can also be charged under the nationwide emergency decree which carries a penalty of up to two years in jail and a fine up to 40,000 baht.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Think something might have got lost in the translation with the Thai News Report. Bangkok is just extending the current closure order until January 15th.

BANGKOKBangkok revises closure order, bars and nightclubs to stay closed until January 15

Bangkok officials revised its provincial closure order and extended the date the order is in effect to January 15, requiring bars and entertainment venues to remain shut for at least the next two weeks, which is in line with government’s nationwide closure order.

Approved New Year countdown events still can continue under the “Covid-19 Free Setting” measures, which require proof of vaccination or an ATK test result at the door for large events. Some bars in Bangkok, like on Khao San Road, have opened under the same measures.

Officials from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration will meet next month and will decide on whether to allow nightlife venues to reopen after being shut for months due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Bangkok governor together with the committee of the Department of Disease and Control announced that they pushed the opening date for bars and nightclubs in the capital from January 1 to January 15 to control the spread of Covid-19.

Violating the provincial disease control measure carries a penalty of up to a year in jail and a fine up to 100,000 baht. Violators can also be charged under the nationwide emergency decree which carries a penalty of up to two years in jail and a fine up to 40,000 baht.

Dam, what a fucking disaster!  Feel bad for the people again who need their income to survive. 

Another big spike in the daily infection count in Chonburi. Not surprising when it's now known how infectious the Omicron variant is. On the positive side the symptoms are quite a bit milder than the previous variants.

Previous Covid mitigation measures are 'out the window'

The latest surge, which has sent case numbers exploding across the globe, is fueled by the Omicron variant, the most contagious coronavirus strain yet, health experts say.

The virus is now "extraordinarily contagious" and previous mitigation measures that used to help now may not be as helpful, CNN medical analyst Dr. Jonathan Reiner told CNN on Friday.

270053360_4927485700648545_8793152769496686730_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ChonburiPr/posts/4927487207315061?__tn__=%2CO*F

Visited a couple of "restaurants" last night and no surprise, not one was testing customers. Asked the Thai owners at each place about the customer testing requirement and they just laughed. They did say they test their staff daily.

Did notice the moon suited aliens were set up in front of Tree Town last night to test customers visiting those establishments. From where they were set up it didn't look like you had to go through them to enter Tree Town so guessing it was voluntary. No surprise either that they didn't have many takers.