COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

38 minutes ago, KWA said:

Test and Go resuming February 1st and Pattaya restored to the Sandbox list.  2 PCRs required (and it sounds like a hotel night must be booked to facilitate the second one).

Restaurants to be allowed to open until 11:00pm but that needs local approval so maybe a few days yet.

Not 100% confirmed yet though is it and the way the goalposts keep moving it could all change again. Still it's good news if it happens.

1 minute ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Not 100% confirmed yet though is it and the way the goalposts keep moving it could all change again. Still it's good news if it happens.

Not in the Royal Gazette yet, but it was the official spokeswoman giving the brief after the meeting rather than a politician just wanting to see his face on tv or in the paper, so that makes it more believeable for me.

11 minutes ago, KWA said:

Not in the Royal Gazette yet, but it was the official spokeswoman giving the brief after the meeting rather than a politician just wanting to see his face on tv or in the paper, so that makes it more believeable for me.

Agreed that it'll be a green light but looking at the added details it's not looking as rosy as the last test and go. Hotel stay on day 5 and some other crap ? That's sure to get the tourists flocking in..............not.

2 hours ago, KWA said:

Test and Go resuming February 1st and Pattaya restored to the Sandbox list.  2 PCRs required (and it sounds like a hotel night must be booked to facilitate the second one).

Restaurants to be allowed to open until 11:00pm but that needs local approval so maybe a few days yet.

DFF25923-9268-477C-9C45-0A6674973819.jpeg

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

So has the 'Pass' always been day 1 and day 5 PCR test, or is this a new thing?

Would be more stress, couldn't enjoy myself until the  5 day one came back negative.

f**k that!

No mate it was just Day 1 whilst I arrived in December.

Omicron is spreading that fast that I really couldn't relax at all with a day 5 PCR too  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, roomark said:

No mate it was just Day 1 whilst I arrived in December.

Omicron is spreading that fast that I really couldn't relax at all with a day 5 PCR too  

Yea, your chances of getting a positive is a lot more with Omicron as it's rife.

Maybe wishful thinking, but kinda hoping once they see firstly it's everywhere anyway, and that it's really quite mild, sure some go to hospital, but even then is not for long and not any rise in serious illness or ICU, they might decide like the UK are doing re travel restrictions, there's no point and they cause more damage.

I suppose also when he numbers remain low in bookings that'll maybe drive change. I seen something the other day from some Thai travel group or other trying to pressure the Gov to lift their entry testing and restrictions. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, roomark said:

Proper pain in the arse day 1 and 5 personally I couldn't be arsed with that.

That would make a PCR before you fly / PCR on arrival (which is bad enough) and a PCR on day 5 too , yet everybody is walking round with Covid once you are there and no one gives a shit.

Crazy .

Hopefully by Summer things will change everywhere , can't actually believe I'm saying it, but it seems the U.K are moving in the right direction.

My thoughts too.
3 x PCR TESTS in the space of 7 days. Madness and sure not to bring strong numbers back to Thailand as it’s just too much of a faff. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Same as Roomark when I went in December. Pre-flight and Day 1 and then go.

Day 5 stress of waiting would be ghastly .......... what brain dead moron thought this cunning plan up ?

Oh ...one with shares in hospitals, hotels and PCR testing companies and insurance of course. How silly of me ...cynical moi !!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

54 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Same as Roomark when I went in December. Pre-flight and Day 1 and then go.

Day 5 stress of waiting would be ghastly .......... what brain dead moron thought this cunning plan up ?

Oh ...one with shares in hospitals, hotels and PCR testing companies and insurance of course. How silly of me ...cynical moi !!!

Yes it seems madness that somebody who has already had a test before arrival and then is effectively quarantined for 1 day to await another negative test is then allowed to go about their holiday or business with no restrictions only to be quarantined again for a day 5 test, really doesn't inspire any confidence that Thailand is trying to offer a stress free welcome.

I would also be interested in what is the ballpark baht figure for those tests for a family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child of 7 years). Presumably the cost is the same for a Thai citizen as a foreigner if needing day 1 and 5, what about a 7 year old.

As much as this may not be the case in July the question is, if it were, what would my costs likely be, could be a deal breaker when taken into account with the stress of probably not feeling comfortable for 5 days.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Interesting article.....I think we all knew, this but some valid points..

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/land-smiles-thailand-may-more-114353086.html

Yet another reason to not be in a hurry to return - I hate wearing these wretched masks with a passion but will concede that they are a good idea to use in these times when in a crowded situation, i.e. bus or airplane; but I'm damned if I am going to be forced to wear them while I am enjoying the great outdoors - pure silliness. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Yet another reason to not be in a hurry to return - I hate wearing these wretched masks with a passion but will concede that they are a good idea to use in these times when in a crowded situation, i.e. bus or airplane; but I'm damned if I am going to be forced to wear them while I am enjoying the great outdoors - pure silliness. 

What makes me piss with them is the Thai's flying down the road on a moped no helmet and a mask on 🤣🤣🤣 WTF 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Starshine said:

Screenshot_20220128-104625_Chrome.jpg

Too early to kill the cash cow yet?

I was curious what the parameters were so did a bit of digging.

A Bangkok Post article (link) listed the three criteria, but didn't bother to mention what the current stats are for the three criteria. A Washington Post article does include the current stats.

Thailand adopts guidelines for declaring COVID-19 endemic

The guidelines drawn up by the ministry’s National Communicable Disease Committee are made up of three criteria: that there are fewer than 10,000 new cases per day; that the fatality rate is no higher than 0.1% of those who are admitted to the hospital with an infection; and that more than 80% of at-risk people have had at least two vaccinations.

Currently, Thailand’s daily new cases range between 7,000-9,000, and the fatality rate, which was more than 3% in the beginning of the pandemic, has declined to 0.1%, and more than 80% of at-risk people have been fully vaccinated, Rungrueng said.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, boydeste said:

My fishing guide today has a sore arm from his 4th Pfizer jab yesterday.  Better not catch too big a fish for him to deal with. Lol

Surely all the magnetism will pull the hook back automatically??

Lesser fishermen than you might accuse him of cheating🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Surely all the magnetism will pull the hook back automatically??

Lesser fishermen than you might accuse him of cheating🤔

He doesn't have to do much when I am with him. Take some pictures, then treat and put the fish in oxygen to recover. 

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

My fishing guide today has a sore arm from his 4th Pfizer jab yesterday.  Better not catch too big a fish for him to deal with. Lol

f**k that, man!

Your immune system would be wrecked, especially so quick together.

I understand with the Chinese rice water it's best to get other vaccines, but f**k that.

I'm undecided if i'll get anymore even once they bring it in for once a year like the flu jab, it'll depend on the variant situation then. Had i knew Omicron would have taken over when i got the booster in October, i'd probably have held off, though travel restrictions probably would have pushed me TBH.

And no chance my 5 year old will be getting the covid vaccine she doesn't need and the risk/benefit is so blurred at that age.