COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Well........not to thread f**k, but Alan you will like this. I personally like Trump, I certainly like his " business acumen" and the things he has done in the last 3 1/2 years but.....he has failed big time in my opinion in the last few months with regard to this pandemic. Holding rallies, etc with no social distancing and his "overall" message with regards to this has not been good.

Alright so Sunday, my gym still not open, working out in the garage right? It is hot, I don't give a crap what I look like, I come in the house, wifey is doing some yoga stuff. Again I am not looking my best, I come in for some water, she looks at me and says " U look like dat guy from UK"?  I said " What are you talking about"?  She says " Da one who got sick too and works in UK"  I still am completely drawing a blank. She pulls out her phone and shows me Boris Johnson!!!!!  

Jesus Christ, I guess at times like this I need her sense of humor. She can be a kick at times I tell you. I think we all need a laugh during these tough times huh? 

boris-johnson.jpg

IMG_1488-2.jpg

Boris is a legendary shagging machine, so i can certainly see the comparison there :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

First COVID-19 vaccine tested in US poised for final testing

Early-stage testing showed the first COVID-19 vaccine tested in the U.S. revved up people’s immune systems the way scientists had hoped

The first COVID-19 vaccine tested in the U.S. revved up people’s immune systems just the way scientists had hoped, researchers reported Tuesday -- as the shots are poised to begin key final testing.

“No matter how you slice this, this is good news,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the U.S. government’s top infectious disease expert, told The Associated Press.

The experimental vaccine, developed by Fauci’s colleagues at the National Institutes of Health and Moderna Inc., will start its most important step around July 27: A 30,000-person study to prove if the shots really are strong enough to protect against the coronavirus.

But Tuesday, researchers reported anxiously awaited findings from the first 45 volunteers who rolled up their sleeves back in March. Sure enough, the vaccine provided a hoped-for immune boost.

Those early volunteers developed what are called neutralizing antibodies in their bloodstream -- molecules key to blocking infection -- at levels comparable to those found in people who survived COVID-19, the research team reported in the New England Journal of Medicine.

“This is an essential building block that is needed to move forward with the trials that could actually determine whether the vaccine does protect against infection,” said Dr. Lisa Jackson of the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute in Seattle, who led the study.

There’s no guarantee but the government hopes to have results around the end of the year -- record-setting speed for developing a vaccine.

The vaccine requires two doses, a month apart.

There were no serious side effects. But more than half the study participants reported flu-like reactions to the shots that aren’t uncommon with other vaccines -- fatigue, headache, chills, fever and pain at the injection site. For three participants given the highest dose, those reactions were more severe; that dose isn’t being pursued.

Some of those reactions are similar to coronavirus symptoms but they’re temporary, lasting about a day and occur right after vaccination, researchers noted.

“Small price to pay for protection against COVID,” said Dr. William Schaffner of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, a vaccine expert who wasn’t involved with the study.

He called the early results “a good first step,” and is optimistic that final testing could deliver answers about whether it's really safe and effective by the beginning of next year.

“It would be wonderful. But that assumes everything’s working right on schedule,” Schaffner cautioned.

And Tuesday's results only included younger adults. The first-step testing later was expanded to include dozens of older adults, the age group most at risk from COVID-19. Those results aren't public yet but regulators are evaluating them, and Fauci said final testing will include older adults, as well as people with chronic health conditions that make them more vulnerable to the virus — and Black and Latino populations likewise affected.

Nearly two dozen possible COVID-19 vaccines are in various stages of testing around the world. Candidates from China and Britain’s Oxford University also are entering final testing stages.

The 30,000-person study will mark the world’s largest study of a potential COVID-19 vaccine so far. And the NIH-developed shot isn’t the only one set for such massive U.S. testing, crucial to spot rare side effects. The government plans similar large studies of the Oxford candidate and another by Johnson & Johnson; separately, Pfizer Inc. is planning its own huge study.

Already, people can start signing up to volunteer for the different studies.

People think “this is a race for one winner. Me, I’m cheering every one of them on,” said Fauci, who directs NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

“We need multiple vaccines. We need vaccines for the world, not only for our own country.”

Around the world, governments are investing in stockpiles of hundreds of millions of doses of the different candidates, in hopes of speedily starting inoculations if any are proven to work.

——

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/covid-19-vaccine-tested-us-poised-final-testing-71784086

• Great Info 1

8 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Well........not to thread f**k, but Alan you will like this. I personally like Trump, I certainly like his " business acumen" and the things he has done in the last 3 1/2 years but.....he has failed big time in my opinion in the last few months with regard to this pandemic. Holding rallies, etc with no social distancing and his "overall" message with regards to this has not been good.

I think we all need a laugh during these tough times huh? 

Well, I am pretty sure any one else in Trumps position would have done a lot worse ... I think the guy was bombarded with "bubonic" plague and total fear monger info ... does anyone believe he would shut down his crowning achievement the economy ..  right or wrong the info he received ... but, with all of his bluster I think he made a coupe critical decisions ... like trying to ban travel from China into the US and a couple of weeks later he added Europe ... No one else in the government at the time supported his decision .. Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo, Mad Max Waters, DeBlasio .. etc.

Also, I think alot the Governors and Mayors have helped make this a total cluster f**k .. for example Cuomo sending sick Wuhan Virus patients to nursing homes .. just for starters .. Pretzker in Illinois demanding bail out money for the states sins over the last 30 years ... ... Newson shutting down beaches and all religious services .. WTF? .. To just name a few

The major shit storm over Hydro .. I mean ...  if there is a hope it works then give it a go instead of all the bullshit .. once again anti_Trump politics

All of this has turned into one big political wrestling shit storm

Fauci hasn't helped the situation either  ... to busy trying to get face time on all of the news channels .. really .. what has Fauci done to help the situation .. other than is doom and gloom ..

As far as his rallies .. people have to make their own decisions to attend or not

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

All of this has turned into one big political wrestling shit storm

Fauci hasn't helped the situation either  ... to busy trying to get face time on all of the news channels .. really .. what has Fauci done to help the situation .. other than is doom and gloom ..

What has tRUMP done. I thought he was a leader. lol

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Yea Bro .. exactly ... I caught TB about 10 years ( maybe less ) .. I work in many hospitals here in Thai ... I am f**king certain that was where I was exposed ... 8 - 9 months of pills causing me to piss red, brown ( I think - I am color blind )   .. TB is not a death sentence - but at the time sitting alone late a night .. I thought a little different ..

LOL . LOL .. and I was bitten here by a Soi dog on On Nut soi 27 in BKK ( to bad my dog from down South wasn't with me -- the F**k wouldn't have gotten close to me )  .. I got rabies shots in alternating arms ( not the stomach anymore ) for 7 weeks ... f**k me .. I was a walking disaster .. LOL .. pissing colors I don't even know .. plus rabies shots .. I had hit a streak of bad luck .. LOL .. LOL

It is gonna take a lot to kill my Irish ass ...

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bazle said:

First COVID-19 vaccine tested in US poised for final testing

Early-stage testing showed the first COVID-19 vaccine tested in the U.S. revved up people’s immune systems the way scientists had hoped

The first COVID-19 vaccine tested in the U.S. revved up people’s immune systems just the way scientists had hoped, researchers reported Tuesday -- as the shots are poised to begin key final testing.

“No matter how you slice this, this is good news,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the U.S. government’s top infectious disease expert, told The Associated Press.

The experimental vaccine, developed by Fauci’s colleagues at the National Institutes of Health and Moderna Inc., will start its most important step around July 27: A 30,000-person study to prove if the shots really are strong enough to protect against the coronavirus.

But Tuesday, researchers reported anxiously awaited findings from the first 45 volunteers who rolled up their sleeves back in March. Sure enough, the vaccine provided a hoped-for immune boost.

Those early volunteers developed what are called neutralizing antibodies in their bloodstream -- molecules key to blocking infection -- at levels comparable to those found in people who survived COVID-19, the research team reported in the New England Journal of Medicine.

“This is an essential building block that is needed to move forward with the trials that could actually determine whether the vaccine does protect against infection,” said Dr. Lisa Jackson of the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute in Seattle, who led the study.

There’s no guarantee but the government hopes to have results around the end of the year -- record-setting speed for developing a vaccine.

The vaccine requires two doses, a month apart.

There were no serious side effects. But more than half the study participants reported flu-like reactions to the shots that aren’t uncommon with other vaccines -- fatigue, headache, chills, fever and pain at the injection site. For three participants given the highest dose, those reactions were more severe; that dose isn’t being pursued.

Some of those reactions are similar to coronavirus symptoms but they’re temporary, lasting about a day and occur right after vaccination, researchers noted.

“Small price to pay for protection against COVID,” said Dr. William Schaffner of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, a vaccine expert who wasn’t involved with the study.

He called the early results “a good first step,” and is optimistic that final testing could deliver answers about whether it's really safe and effective by the beginning of next year.

“It would be wonderful. But that assumes everything’s working right on schedule,” Schaffner cautioned.

And Tuesday's results only included younger adults. The first-step testing later was expanded to include dozens of older adults, the age group most at risk from COVID-19. Those results aren't public yet but regulators are evaluating them, and Fauci said final testing will include older adults, as well as people with chronic health conditions that make them more vulnerable to the virus — and Black and Latino populations likewise affected.

Nearly two dozen possible COVID-19 vaccines are in various stages of testing around the world. Candidates from China and Britain’s Oxford University also are entering final testing stages.

The 30,000-person study will mark the world’s largest study of a potential COVID-19 vaccine so far. And the NIH-developed shot isn’t the only one set for such massive U.S. testing, crucial to spot rare side effects. The government plans similar large studies of the Oxford candidate and another by Johnson & Johnson; separately, Pfizer Inc. is planning its own huge study.

Already, people can start signing up to volunteer for the different studies.

People think “this is a race for one winner. Me, I’m cheering every one of them on,” said Fauci, who directs NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

“We need multiple vaccines. We need vaccines for the world, not only for our own country.”

Around the world, governments are investing in stockpiles of hundreds of millions of doses of the different candidates, in hopes of speedily starting inoculations if any are proven to work.

——

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/covid-19-vaccine-tested-us-poised-final-testing-71784086

Cheers, interesting and positive stuff, hopefully this or one of the other trials gets over the line.

Watched an interview with Professor Shattock talking about the trials at Imperial College and worldwide. One of the issues he raised in moving to a final vaccine they seem to have hit above, finding a high enough dosage that's both safe & effective.

53 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Cheers, interesting and positive stuff, hopefully this or one of the other trials gets over the line.

Watched an interview with Professor Shattock talking about the trials at Imperial College and worldwide. One of the issues he raised in moving to a final vaccine they seem to have hit above, finding a high enough dosage that's both safe & effective.

Following the US stock market, and a few bio pharma companies, I know it usually takes years to have a new medication approved for sales by the FDA.

Trials in several steps, each over long periods  etc...

And now they will suddenly approve a miracle vaccin in a few months ? 

And fabricate millions of them....

Let's be serious ......

China has started earlier to work on this, they have gigantic technical means, the full government support, much less regulatory restrictions .... and they haven't come out with even a hint of one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Following the US stock market, and a few bio pharma companies, I know it usually takes years to have a new medication approved for sales by the FDA.

Let's be serious ......

China has started earlier to work on this, they have gigantic technical means, the full government support, much less regulatory restrictions .... and they haven't come out with even a hint of one.

Yes they have, several in fact!

Maybe you should also get hold of a copy of 

image.png

available from https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-related-guidance-documents-industry-fda-staff-and-other-stakeholders

Edited by fygjam

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Let's be serious ......

not true thet are testing the sino vaccine on their armed forces...they have  a few million of those...i think 2 million was the eventual test group ...but they then have to send them to brazil !

49 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

not true thet are testing the sino vaccine on their armed forces...they have  a few million of those...i think 2 million was the eventual test group ...but they then have to send them to brazil !

CoronaVac (Sinovac) is the vaccine to be tested in Brazil.

Ad5-nCoV (CanSino Biologics) is the vaccine approved for the Chinese military.

Potential COVID-19 vaccine clears 'major milestone': Sask. researchers

Research centre says candidate vaccine induced a 'strong immune response' in ferrets

Ferrets around the world are ecstatic at the prospect of being able to ditch the macho sapping mask.

37 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Potential COVID-19 vaccine clears 'major milestone': Sask. researchers

Research centre says candidate vaccine induced a 'strong immune response' in ferrets

Ferrets around the world are ecstatic at the prospect of being able to ditch the macho sapping mask.

did you ask the ones in your grundies?

11 hours ago, fforest said:

You do just post absolute nonsense for the sake of it?

Even the UK, which is currently pretty much coming out of it,  has about double daily deaths than that in the 7 day average. Was over a 1000 a day at one stage. And that's just the UK, alone!

It's scary what nonsense some believe. And the irony of that statement on this thread ...