COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

17 hours ago, KWA said:

Some of these same doctors were being proclaimed on here as experts IIRC.  The thing is, everyone is an expert at talking/writing about it (or googling it for some) when the real experts probably have their heads down and are actually doing something about it.

Here's someone doing their best to help out. Could work out well for those sheltering in place solo...  😎

yesterday maybe I should not have been posting on this thread

because of 1or2 reasons,

1. I was off me meds last couple of days

2. had a few bundies,[6/4on favourite] :default_good:

but! there could be a 3rd or 4th reasons

3.just:default_239_fishing: and 4.just :default_268213:

sunday morning here with a crystal clear sky and cold ,shit! where is the "climate change"?

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, grayray said:

yesterday maybe I should not have been posting on this thread

because of 1or2 reasons,

1. I was off me meds last couple of days

2. had a few bundies,[6/4on favourite] :default_good:

but! there could be a 3rd or 4th reasons

3.just:default_239_fishing: and 4.just :default_268213:

sunday morning here with a crystal clear sky and cold ,shit! where is the "climate change"?

regards

grayray

Either way , we are a mix of ages and personalities, we all have different life styles and opinions about life. Each of them contribute to a great forum.

Long may it last :default_good:

Now for another glass of wine. :default_fun:

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, monkeyman said:

If governments agree to suspend all aviation taxes then everybody will be able to afford Business Class, so aircraft can be converted to Business Class only and we can all travel in comfort and be socially distanced as well. Easy peasy.

Now all we need is a plan to sort out the airports...   :default_210:   :default_gathering:     

I am in. :default_fun:

8 hours ago, monkeyman said:

If governments agree to suspend all aviation taxes then everybody will be able to afford Business Class, so aircraft can be converted to Business Class only and we can all travel in comfort and be socially distanced as well. Easy peasy.

Now all we need is a plan to sort out the airports...   :default_210:   :default_gathering:     

8 hours ago, john1000 said:

I wish

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I am in. :default_fun:

WTF ? And have all the Singha beaters Pattaya rifraf drinking at the Emirates bar upstairs ? 

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2020 at 3:27 PM, farangme said:

I'm saying the figures are being doctored for government uses. I'm saying the flu which kills many here in the UK is worse. I'm saying the hospitals are empty undertakers quiet. I'm calling this bullshit.

Fair enough. As the weeks go by, keep your eyes on the USA numbers. This virus is doing a number on us. Well, stay safe mate..you and your family. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

Either way , we are a mix of ages and personalities, we all have different life styles and opinions about life. Each of them contribute to a great forum.

A great outlook and attitude! 

And so true !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

one thing I believe,is we all agree that we love thai pussy,

me I lub the feel,the taste and the size of thai pussy.shit I even most times agree with most BMs.

but it's pretty hard when it comes to all those poms on here,but that's the anti English feelings me old scots grandmother slapped into me head,

fellas I don't hate poms well not too much :default_drinks:

about now me old granny is going bonkers in her grave,those words would have forsure got the razor strop around me arse.

one thing she knew forsure was the "those English bastard Kings knew that if they wanted beautiful,hardworking.knowledgable brides they come to Scotland for them"

she loved the Queen Mother,she would say to us kids "you know the Queen of England is a beautiful Scots lass"

60+ years since she passed and I still love the old bat

" Flouer o Scotland" in scots

"Flower of Scotland" in English,

Scottish Gaelic:"Flùr na h-Alba"

regards

grayray

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Warren Buffett has sold all 4  US airlines in Berkshire's portfolio at a substantial loss- given he's always tended to be a buyer in a crisis, that's significant. Taking a big loss rather than nothing?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52518186

The problem with anything to do with Buffett is that the news can be made to work to his advantage. He sells now, the price goes down even further, he buys back in with the proceeds, and then he has a bigger holding at no cost to his fund.

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Warren Buffett has sold all 4  US airlines in Berkshire's portfolio at a substantial loss- given he's always tended to be a buyer in a crisis, that's significant. Taking a big loss rather than nothing?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52518186

Its difficult to see when airline travel to numerous shit holes around the world  to confront an invisible enemy will be considered "safe enough"

At least you can avoid pot holes and human sharks 

I was at the range yesterday, it's a big department store. Waited in a queue, got the usual pish about social distancing. Was only wanting a tin of paint, but wait the shelves were nearly empty. These two fat mask wearers looking at my paint so right on queue I had a big coughing fit. Both f***d off and I got my paint. Simples.

The scam continues...

• Haha 3

The top scientific and medical minds in the world simply don't know enough about  COVID-19 to be able to make any confident predictions about the effects and outcome of the pandemic. It's therefore hard for governments of all countries to decide on the best course of action to limit the spread of the disease. It's also extremely difficult for all of us at the bottom of the power structure to judge what's true and false among all the information that's been published.  

It all comes down to one question: Who should you trust?

The excerpt below outlines a useful approach in assessing the ever-changing and often conflicting opinions and uh," facts"(?) that have emerged since the outbreak of the pandemic.  The excerpt comes from a commentary  (Calculating the Coronavirus Mortality Rate? It’s Complicated) published by The Heritage Foundation, a U.S. mainstream  conservative.  It was published March 19, so the specific information is outdated, but the general approach is still valid (my bold highlight):

"What can we take away from this discussion? Several things: One is that our understanding of the disease and the associated case fatality rate is changing daily. 

"But if nothing else, another is to be an informed consumer of information. When you hear a COVID-19 case fatality rate being tossed around, ask more questions. Ask where the data come from, for what age group, in what state of health were the patients previously, and finally, what sort of medical treatment did the group receive?  

Only then will you perhaps be able to form your own useful judgment."

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg.fa28c79e7c05c5880ee326e3560a26f2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

The problem with anything to do with Buffett is that the news can be made to work to his advantage. He sells now, the price goes down even further, he buys back in with the proceeds, and then he has a bigger holding at no cost to his fund.

Henry Ford used the same tactic to increase his holdings of shares in the Ford Motor Co. In 1918, he led minority shareholders to believe he had turned over Ford to his son Edsel. Henry also founded a new company and made a show of taking his top employees with him.  Share prices in the old Ford Co. fell as investors scurried to get out before their shares became worthless.  The ruse worked and Henry got almost total control of Ford through no cost to himself. 

Later in his career,  he used similar tactics to generate profits on his shareholdings.  He would sell large chunks of his shares when they were trading at highs, then deliberately create situations that accelerated the fall of Ford share prices.  He once checked himself into a hospital and planted false information in the media that he had suffered a heart attack.  Share prices plummeted in response, and he restored his former holdings at bargain prices, racking up substantial profits on the difference between the price at which he sold and the price at which he bought the shares back.

That sort of market manipulation is now supposed to be illegal, but it is hard to prove in the case of an investor like Buffet who isn't involved directly in a corporation's operations. There's a strong tendency for investors to "piggyback" on whatever Buffet does because they assume he has inside information.

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1