COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Just now, Thai Spice said:

Well, well, finally somebody who dares to say it, and with who I fully agree.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/05/global-virus-lockdown-was-madness/

Global virus lockdown was ‘madness’

Renowned German scientist calls lockdown 'incredibly harmful' to individuals and economy

Note that Pr Raoult in France always had a similar opinion.

Does this mean that they are correct or just reflect your view?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Does this mean that they are correct or just reflect your view?

Read the article, and make up your OWN mind.

My view is simple

If YOU believe this is a dramatically dangerous virus, stay home but dont oblige people with a different view to follow your "believe".

And I am sure correct about the fearmongering, the media dramatization, and the politicians covering their ass with little or no clue about the problem . The politician being advised by experts whose main preoccupation was not to take any legal risk, not to say anything that could be turned against them in the future, and try to look good in the eyes of the politicians which can always be handy for your future career.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, roomark said:

Costa chaos as motorists queue for HOURS at drive-throughs https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8284275/Costa-chaos-motorists-queue-HOURS-drive-throughs.html?ito=native_share_article-top

Sad bastards 

Why are the Police even allowing that...

I'd taser the lot of them .. 🙄

So would I. Or are you talking about the motorists?

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

The number of people in Germany who have been infected with Covid-19 could be more than 10 times the number of officially confirmed cases, according to a new study.

Researchers from the University of Bonn estimate that about 1.8 million have contracted the coronavirus. Germany has about 160,000 confirmed cases.

The study - which has yet to be peer reviewed - focused on a sample of 919 people living in a town in the municipality of Heinsberg, one of the worst-hit areas of the country.

The study also found that more than one in five people infected showed no symptoms.

Germany is starting to ease its lockdown measures. Zoos, museums and hairdressers have reopened, with some students also returning to school.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52525531

More possible evidence that Covid-19 is much more widespread than thought, and that the mortality rate is much lower than first reported.

Correct, Germany is opening up to fast. 

On 5/3/2020 at 2:43 PM, Thai Spice said:

Why would anybody go there ? Really ? 

Plenty of people go there. Yes Amigo really.  You could just as easily get pummeled in Bali or Jakarta I suppose. But you know better than I.

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

My view is simple

If YOU believe this is a dramatically dangerous virus, stay home but dont oblige people with a different view to follow your "believe".

And I am sure correct about the fearmongering, the media dramatization, and the politicians covering their ass with little or no clue about the problem . The politician being advised by experts whose main preoccupation was not to take any legal risk, not to say anything that could be turned against them in the future, and try to look good in the eyes of the politicians which can always be handy for your future career.

A bit confusing reply, but I'll lay it off to your second language challenges. So, in a nutshell do you think your basic liberty's are being trampled by this shelter in place and what specific liberty's are being trampled. ie restaurant, bar closures, can't get your hair cut, can't buy my JD, wearing a mask that makes you look a right dick. 😀 Thanks in advance for your prompt reply, Amigo.

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

My view is simple : Yes it is...very simple

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

4 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

A bit confusing reply, but I'll lay it off to your second language challenges. So, in a nutshell do you think your basic liberty's are being trampled by this shelter in place and what specific liberty's are being trampled. ie restaurant, bar closures, can't get your hair cut, can't buy my JD, wearing a mask that makes you look a right dick. 😀 Thanks in advance for your prompt reply, Amigo.

Try to agree boys..... Simple or confusing ? English is supposed to be your first language ?

My view is simple

I did.

It appeared to relate to the situation in Germany.

What's that got to do with anywhere else.

Its modelling envisaged Sweden paying a heavy price for its rejection of lockdown, with 40,000 Covid deaths by 1 May and almost 100,000 by June.

The latest figure for Sweden is 2,680 deaths, with daily deaths peaking a fortnight ago. So Imperial College’s modelling – the same modelling used to inform the UK response – was wrong, by an order of magnitude. 

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/sweden-tames-its-r-number-without-lockdown

More evidence to suggest that the Imperial College London Coronavirus model wildly overestimated the amount of deaths and infections.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

A Thai gal came over last night .. we were talking and of course the Wuhan virus came up ...

It was her belief that the Wuhan Virus was started in the USA .... that the Americans have caused this ....

If the yanks really wanted to create a deadly virus to attack china, they would have wiped them off the face of the earth. Only the Chinese could design a deadly bioweapon that ends up causing a sore throat and a dry cough.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Its modelling envisaged Sweden paying a heavy price for its rejection of lockdown, with 40,000 Covid deaths by 1 May and almost 100,000 by June.

The latest figure for Sweden is 2,680 deaths, with daily deaths peaking a fortnight ago. So Imperial College’s modelling – the same modelling used to inform the UK response – was wrong, by an order of magnitude. 

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/sweden-tames-its-r-number-without-lockdown

More evidence to suggest that the Imperial College London Coronavirus model wildly overestimated the amount of deaths and infections.

That is well know and documented. Too bad many people believed those numbers blindly....

9 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

If the yanks really wanted to create a deadly virus to attack china, they would have wiped them off the face of the earth. Only the Chinese could design a deadly bioweapon that ends up causing a sore throat and a dry cough.

You should check in depth the history of the Wuhan laboratory ......

And from different sources ! 

BTW, if it was the Chinese who "created" artificially this virus they have succeeded. In 2 months they broke the back of the world's top nations economy...  With little suffering themselves. If a machiavelic mind had masterminded this, it was a total succes.... 

Or was it just a test run ? Everybody knows thats China aims at being the world's top power economically and military.  And they WILL get there. But that's another topic.

45 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Try to agree boys..... Simple or confusing ? English is supposed to be your first language ?

Who says any of us is suppose to agree with the other? You? Who says you make the rules here? You? I asked you specific questions and so far your calculator hasn't bailed you out yet. TBH amigo, you're making the orange dudes case and you don't even know it. Pull yourself together ffs.

Edited by Kathmandu

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

A Thai gal came over last night .. we were talking and of course the Wuhan virus came up ...

It was her belief that the Wuhan Virus was started in the USA .... that the Americans have caused this ....

That's what the Chinese said...

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/chinese-officials-blame-us-army-for-coronavirus-67267

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, well, finally somebody who dares to say it, and with who I fully agree.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/05/global-virus-lockdown-was-madness/

Renowned German scientist calls lockdown 'incredibly harmful' to individuals and economy

Note that Pr Raoult in France always had a similar opinion.

Well, you could give that answer (yours) for any country ?

Because you posted a headline saying

with whom you fully agreed when, as I said, it related to Germany.

I'd like to know if the R0 value they are quoting was known at the time or has it been calculated with the benefit of hindsight.

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

My lady told me her aunt is of the same belief. I attribute it to the fact they're undereducated and believe pretty much anything their friends, or govt tell them without question. Sadly that describes a great number of those in the west too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

My view is simple

lol.... pot...kettle...comes to mind here.....lol

cheers

• Haha 1