COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

So your assertion is a bit of a non story,a mere distraction 

Quite the opposite.

It appears you are trying to muddy the water regarding any misinformation in UK (for example) by saying it's worse in Brazil.  The two shouldn't be used as comparators.

11 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Wrong, they can only help at an early stage, way before the breathing problems arise. 

Google Professeur Raoult.....

He is doing since the start a Chloroquine treatment on patient. With some results, but statistically very controversial considering the "patient pool" selection.

Evidence based medicine and double blind trial!

3 minutes ago, KWA said:

Quite the opposite.

It appears you are trying to muddy the water regarding any misinformation in UK (for example) by saying it's worse in Brazil.  The two shouldn't be used as comparators.

Not in the  sightest,just trying to counter misinformation which downplays the catastrophe ,which is in  nobodies interest.We are all interdependant and rely on each other to do the right thing in this pandemic.Falsely downplaying the severity and extent costs lives 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Wrong, they can only help at an early stage, way before the breathing problems arise. 

Google Professeur Raoult.....

He is doing since the start a Chloroquine treatment on patient. With some results, but statistically very controversial considering the "patient pool" selection.

Chloroquine, yes. But that is a moot point as very few are talking about it now due to dangerous side effects, i.e., death.

Reference: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30172-7/fulltext

. . .

Remdesivir is being used for criticality ill patients.

"The Food and Drug Administration has granted remdesivir emergency use authorization to treat the most severely ill COVID-19 patients.

The FDA action specifies the drug may be used for both adults and children with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnoses who are severely ill with low blood oxygen levels or who may be on a ventilator.

"Given there are no adequate, approved, or available alternative treatments, the known and potential benefits to treat this serious or life-threatening virus currently outweigh the known and potential risks of the drug's use," the FDA wrote in a press release..."

Source:  https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-grants-remdesivir-emergency-use-authorization-covid-19-n1197576

19 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Chloroquine, yes. But that is a moot point as very few are talking about it now due to dangerous side effects, i.e., death.

Reference: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30172-7/fulltext

. . .

Remdesivir is being used for criticality ill patients.

"The Food and Drug Administration has granted remdesivir emergency use authorization to treat the most severely ill COVID-19 patients.

The FDA action specifies the drug may be used for both adults and children with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnoses who are severely ill with low blood oxygen levels or who may be on a ventilator.

"Given there are no adequate, approved, or available alternative treatments, the known and potential benefits to treat this serious or life-threatening virus currently outweigh the known and potential risks of the drug's use," the FDA wrote in a press release..."

Source:  https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-grants-remdesivir-emergency-use-authorization-covid-19-n1197576

lets hope they do loads of blood gases so people can get it earlier  as Pa02 drops before they progress to critical 

14 hours ago, fforest said:

Even you have heard them repeatedly say to get back to normal a vaccine is needed...The reason they are so desperate for every to take the vaccine is because that vaccine is going to be more than just a vaccine.....

Now it becomes clear.

The multi-billionaire (Bill Gates), whose foundation has so far promised $250 million in funding for the
coronavirus response, is also not trying to "microchip" the world’s population through a
coronavirus vaccine
, nor is he using invisible tattoos and monitoring bracelets to track Americans.

Do they really think re-opening the tattoo parlours is such a good idea?

tin_foil_hat_4.png

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

Perhaps you could search the net for the difference between meridian and median. But then you might acquire knowledge so better to leave it alone

what? I do that,it will rob you of the chance to prove how clever you are around the net,finding stories that suit your "hoaxer" bent to cut and paste on 24/7

me! iam dumb bastard and don't give a fluck if my spelling is not up to some clever cnut from

West Australias " China Club"

thats a club you would be right at home in,Fake News & Hoaxers

pushing the party line set in China for its satellite in WA,a place that the state government along with local billionaires push the chinese fake news

think you will find a few spelling mistakes in that lot, me ol'darling:default_fish:

regards

grayray

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KWA said:

Deaths in hospitals where I belong don't require an autopsy, just a doctor's signature.  I doubt whether thousands of extra autopsies are being performed, and the docs are signing off what they've been told to.  I don't think anyone on either side of the argument really doubts the numbers have been artificially inflated for whatever reasons.

UK is not allowing China (read Huawei) to build their 5G network.

It's not that long since Chloroquine or whatever it's called was being hailed as the saviour, including on some of the "expert" videos posted here, but that's died away.  I'd be wary of any drug until proof is available.

"UK is not allowing China (read Huawei) to build their 5G network"

since when?that was the big story here in OZ a few months ago

regards

grayray

10 minutes ago, grayray said:

"UK is not allowing China (read Huawei) to build their 5G network"

since when?that was the big story here in OZ a few months ago

Decision was made around the end of January.

Quote:  "But 'high risk vendors' like Huawei are banned from core of 5G networks and limited to 35% cap in other areas, says government."

Source: https://www.zdnet.com/article/the-big-5g-decision-huawei-allowed-limited-role-in-uk-network-projects/

51 minutes ago, grayray said:

what? I do that,it will rob you of the chance to prove how clever you are around the net,finding stories that suit your "hoaxer" bent to cut and paste on 24/7

me! iam dumb bastard and don't give a fluck if my spelling is not up to some clever cnut from

West Australias " China Club"

thats a club you would be right at home in,Fake News & Hoaxers

pushing the party line set in China for its satellite in WA,a place that the state government along with local billionaires push the chinese fake news

think you will find a few spelling mistakes in that lot, me ol'darling:default_fish:

regards

grayray

Sorry, couldn't get past the stupidity to look for spelling mistakes.

• Haha 2

On 4/13/2020 at 5:51 PM, fygjam said:

Horrifying the bit about thrombosis. Blood clots as big as hot dogs to micro clots obstructing blood flow to liver and kidneys causing organ failure.

It's not like the flu.

On 4/13/2020 at 5:55 PM, Ivan the terrible said:

i wonder what the anticoagulation strategy/recommenations are now

Australia catches up.

Coronavirus Australia live updates: Blood thinning drugs trialled as strokes reported in virus victims

A widely-used drug is being trialled on severely unwell coronavirus patients after young people mysteriously suffered strokes.

Deputy CMO Professor Michael Kidd said anti-clotting drugs were recently being trialled in
severely unwell coronavirus patients.

Heparin, a blood-thinning drug, has been flagged in the past 24 hours as something that might
help coronavirus patients.

"There are lots of different treatments being looked at as potential treatments for people who
become seriously unwell with COVID-19," he told reporters this afternoon.

"Each day we’re seeing different reports from around the world of existing drugs, which may
have some utility, or new drugs which are being developed over time.

"One of the drugs that’s had reports over the past 24 hours is Heparin, which is a blood-thinning
drugs. It’s been widely used for many, many years.

"One of the features of COVID-19 in people who become very seriously unwell appears to be
challenges with the vessels. We don't know if this is inflammation of the vessels or if there’s
clotting occurring.

"We’ve had some reports over the past week of reasonably young people who have had strokes,
which appear to be in relation to blood clots and so therefore people are looking to see if these
anti-coagulation drugs, like Heparin, have a place in the treatment of this disease."

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/coronavirus-australia-live-updates/live-coverage/155af9209797ab5393136dfcaf676722

Don't worry, I'm sure the cause of death is being listed as stroke and not Covid-19. We don't want to inflate the figures.

On 4/30/2020 at 3:25 AM, Jambo said:

How can you possibly have social distancing on an aeroplane?

Leaving the central seat empty is no answer both from an airline economic viewpoint and achieving the non-infection objective.

I cannot believe I read this but one of the proposals in Thailand reintroducing (internal?) flights was leaving the last two rows empty for people who are sick.

That’s just airlines bullshit trying to install confidence..... Ryanair have already said prices will plummet 

• Like 1

How are airlines going to socially distance behind the scenes??? Loading loose luggage requires two people in the hold..... the bid airline boxes still need people to position them..... moving crews to the plane are often done by mini buses?? Customs need to be able to look people in the eye when they search bags etc etc

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pinoydave said:

How are airlines going to socially distance behind the scenes??? Loading loose luggage requires two people in the hold..... the bid airline boxes still need people to position them..... moving crews to the plane are often done by mini buses?? Customs need to be able to look people in the eye when they search bags etc etc

If you are working you social distance yourself from people that are not part of your immediate workgroup. Within your work  team you maintain good hygenic work practices if you need to be in close proximity.

I have worked through the lockdown and would not be able to do a lot of my work if we had to maintain the 1.5 metres separation. You also try your hardest to keep your team numbers to a minimum and keep the same people in the group.

Edited by thegrogmonster
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

If you are working you social distance yourself from people that are not part of your immediate workgroup. Within your work  team you maintain good hygenic work practices if you need to be in close proximity.

I have worked through the lockdown and would not be able to do a lot of my work if we had to maintain the 1.5 metres separation. You also try your hardest to keep your team numbers to a minimum and keep the same people in the group.

Social distancing is non existent at work. 

We have masks and gloves supplied but only me and 2 others are wearing masks and about half wearing gloves. 

Fucking shambles. 

And one guy at work died from the virus.Most there still ain't taking it seriously. 

Edited by galenkia
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

Evidence based medicine and double blind trial!

Whatever ..... You didn't even searched the name I mentioned, otherwhile hou wouldn't give that answer...

Edited by Thai Spice

18 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Whatever ..... You didn't even searched the name I mentioned, otherwhile hou wouldn't give that answer...

And now I have searched it, my answer would still be the same. Evidence based medicine and a double blind study.

Where is his peer reviewed published study?

Controversial French virologist Didier Raoult has unveiled
a study he said showed that an antimalarial and antibiotic
treatment of more than 1,000 coronavirus patients
successfully removed the virus in 10 days in almost 92 per
cent of cases.

Prof Raoult presented the findings of the study, which
have not been independently verified
, to President
Emmanuel Macron who paid a surprise visit to his
institute in Marseille, southern France.

Prof Raoult initially published a study on just 26 patients,
too few for the international scientific community to find
them conclusive.

Prof Raoult has now presented the results of a far wider
study on 1,061 patients to the French president.

According to the findings published in English, the
success rate in removing all trace of the virus within 10
days was 91.7 per cent. The death rate was just 0.5 per
cent, namely five patients. Ten others required intensive
care.

However, it is not clear that the new study was blinded,
randomized or if there was a control group - all necessary
for reliable scientific research.

And the people I rely on for reliable information insist that a double blind trial with all that data published is what is required.

Being a doctor working with Covid-19 patients across multiple hospitals in New York he also says that most patients have cleared the virus within the first week of symptom onset. It is the second week when the pneumonia sets in.

5 hours ago, KWA said:

Deaths in hospitals where I belong don't require an autopsy, just a doctor's signature.  I doubt whether thousands of extra autopsies are being performed, and the docs are signing off what they've been told to.  I don't think anyone on either side of the argument really doubts the numbers have been artificially inflated for whatever reasons.

I agree with this .. but, what do I know ?  I remember a Trumper press briefing where Dr. Brix said ( if I did not misunderstand ) that ALL deaths in the US were being recorded as the Wuhan virus ....

So, that also leads me to believe that the numbers in NY are inflated ... how much .. I don't know ... but I wouldn't put anything past Deblasio and Cuomo ( they are both snakes )

Also, I doubt we will ever know the true "stats" ....

As far as other countries ( brings China to mind ) .. I also doubt we will ever know the truth ...

Way to much politics involved ....

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Pinoydave said:

That’s just airlines bullshit trying to install confidence..... Ryanair have already said prices will plummet 

It is not the airlines that want to send their planes round the world with rows of empty seats. Like hotels they need a high occupancy rate to make money and particularly the budget airlines like Ryanair and Easyjet.

I think it remains to be seen if any ( or maybe how many) airlines fall by the wayside during this initial stage of Covid19 and how long the restrictions on travel remain. BA have announced masive job cuts through pulling out of Gatwick maybe for good. The price will be dictated by supply and demand. If demand exceeds supply when travel restrictions are finally lifted then up will go the prices.

Maybe the new normal will see the end of traditional overseas holiday tourism as we have known it for decades. Beware the rag heads buying up all the caravan parks in Margate and Skegness or even Butlins!  🤣

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, fygjam said:

However, it is not clear that the new study was blinded,
randomized or if there was a control group - all necessary
for reliable scientific research.

Just for information, I am "pro Raoult" and his approach. I listen regulary to his exposés.

But what some reproach him is the "sample population".

Look at the pictures of people queing at his hospital and waiting for the test.  The idea is "come get tested for free". So of course the age range is not a good representation of the French population and visibly is mainly age 20 to 40 and in good health (otherwhile they couldn't queu for hours...)

images.jpeg-3.jpg

images.jpeg-1.jpg

So yes, his treatment seems to work on people that are decent health, but infected by the viruz. Most likely most of them.would never have fallen seriously ill anyway.

Concerning the chloraquine, its nivaquine, I remember we were given it in the Navy in certain regions against malaria. I also remember we all avoided taking it, but cant remember why exactly. Also need to consider the dosage ! What we got was very light, it seems that treatment against C19 is with heavy dosage.

0.jpeg-4.jpg

PS : We replaced it with generous doses of Gin tonic, the quinine of the tonic was the medecine.  GT has also side effect but at least they were fun ones ....

13 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Just for information, I am "pro Raoult" and his approach. I listen regulary to his exposés.

But what some reproach him is the "sample population".

Look at the pictures of people queing at his hospital and waiting for the test.  The idea is "come get tested for free". So of course the age range is not a good representation of the French population and visibly is mainly age 20 to 40 and in good health (otherwhile they couldn't queu for hours...)

images.jpeg-3.jpg

images.jpeg-1.jpg

So yes, his treatment seems to work on people that are decent health, but infected by the viruz. Most likely most of them.would never have fallen seriously ill anyway.

Concerning the chloraquine, its nivaquine, I remember we were given it in the Navy in certain regions against malaria. I also remember we all avoided taking it, but cant remember why exactly. Also need to consider the dosage ! What we got was very light, it seems that treatment against C19 is with heavy dosage.

0.jpeg-4.jpg

PS : We replaced it with generous doses of Gin tonic, the quinine of the tonic was the medecine.  GT has also side effect but at least they were fun ones ....

So in other words you can't find the results of a double blind randomised trial with reasonably sized population groups for the control and testees, peer reviewed and published in a respected journal.

Just go with the anecdotal stories.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fygjam said:

So in other words you can't find the results of a double blind randomised trial with reasonably sized population groups for the control and testees, peer reviewed and published in a respected journal.

Just go with the anecdotal stories.

FFS...... The guy puts gis charts up every day.  In French...

Ok, keep masturbating on this.... 

5 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

"Bolsonaro has been a fierce critic of stay-at-home measures, arguing that the economic harm could be more damaging than the illness.

He once called the virus "a little flu" and was even photographed coughing at an anti-lockdown rally before claiming he would "feel nothing" if he caught Covid-19."

Is he a member here? 🙂

• Haha 3