COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

54 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

The top scientific and medical minds in the world simply don't know enough about  COVID-19 to be able to make any confident predictions about the effects and outcome of the pandemic. It's therefore hard for governments of all countries to decide on the best course of action to limit the spread of the disease. It's also extremely difficult for all of us at the bottom of the power structure to judge what's true and false among all the information that's been published.  

It all comes down to one question: Who should you trust?

Jake the Asshole.

After I heard his views on flat Earth, how could you not take what he says as Gospel!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

om qa good day you would disagree with yourself in a padded room 🙂 the point is that this a business page in the business section, ( and this isnt shh).  so other issues can easily go into the covid thai or no thai pages.  its not brain surgery but i guess it gives u a reason to type .  cheers

Sorry, I guess it is you that must be you having the bad day Tommy otherwise I might phrase this reply somewhat differently.

I respect your comments but why the reference to " ( and this isnt shh)". Was that really necessary or the snide comments about me needing a reason to type.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

The top scientific and medical minds in the world simply don't know enough about  COVID-19 to be able to make any confident predictions about the effects and outcome of the pandemic. It's therefore hard for governments of all countries to decide on the best course of action to limit the spread of the disease. It's also extremely difficult for all of us at the bottom of the power structure to judge what's true and false among all the information that's been published.  

It all comes down to one question: Who should you trust?

Let people get back to work .... it does not take a great scientific or medical mind to figure this out ... people are adaptable and can improvise ...

Who do I trust .... me - myself!

Jeez .. f****k me ... people are acting like the world is gonna end due to this Wuhan virus ... news break ... it is not!

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Let people get back to work .... it does not take a great scientific or medical mind to figure this out ... people are adaptable and can improvise ...

Who do I trust .... me - myself!

Jeez .. f****k me ... people are acting like the world is gonna end due to this Wuhan virus ... news break ... it is not!

Haven't seen anyone acting like that, whether in China, Italy, Spain, UK or the US to be honest.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8278667/amp/77-Brits-support-extending-lockdown-week-amid-fears-widespread-Coronaphobia.html

Brits terrified of ending Coronavirus lockdown. Yeah right. End 80% pay and universal credit for all, then we will see who's really terrified, and who's just enjoying themselves. 

🙄😂

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Sorry, I guess it is you that must be you having the bad day Tommy otherwise I might phrase this reply somewhat differently.

I respect your comments but why the reference to " ( and this isnt shh)". Was that really necessary or the snide comments about me needing a reason to type.

nope just trying to keep phils thread clean which is fair.  all the non Le Pub posts moved gently and with care to the covid non thailand thread, I think :)

otherwise its like going to a library taking out a book on baking and putting it back in the gardening section, then arguing that some gardeners might want to know about baking.  cheers

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

The problem with anything to do with Buffett is that the news can be made to work to his advantage. He sells now, the price goes down even further, he buys back in with the proceeds, and then he has a bigger holding at no cost to his fund.

Interesting, and agree he can move the market on his own.

We shall have to watch future development to see if you are right. Will you be gambling some of your millions when Delta tanks even further?😉

2 hours ago, farangme said:

I was at the range yesterday, it's a big department store. Waited in a queue, got the usual pish about social distancing. Was only wanting a tin of paint, but wait the shelves were nearly empty. These two fat mask wearers looking at my paint so right on queue I had a big coughing fit. Both f***d off and I got my paint. Simples.

The scam continues...

thats a pretty shitty thing to do 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ivan the terrible said:

thats a pretty shitty thing to do 

I was just joking with the Miss that this would be a good way to get room around me on the HK subway...

I find it a good joke.  If people are stupid enough to run away, its their problem...

😁😁😁😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

I was just joking with the Miss that this would be a good way to get room around me on the HK subway...

I find it a good joke.  If people are stupid enough to run away, its their problem...

😁😁😁😁

Not sure why they would run away ... they have their protective masks on ... isn't that supposed to stop the spread ?  This is what all of the experts say ....

You know I am being a smart ass ... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Not sure why they would run away ... they have their protective masks on ... isn't that supposed to stop the spread ?  This is what all of the experts say ....

You know I am being a smart ass ... lol

Just don't be a smart ass in OK, USA...

Oklahoma city ends face mask rule for shoppers after store employees are threatened

"Store employees have been threatened with physical violence and showered with verbal abuse," the Stillwater city manager said. "There has been one threat of violence using a firearm." 
...many of the people who objected to wearing the masks have "the mistaken belief the requirement is unconstitutional."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oklahoma-city-ends-face-mask-rule-shoppers-after-store-employees-n1198736?cid=referral_taboolafeed

^^^^^

If you ask me it is pretty unconstitutional to be locked down in your home and be ordered what to wear ! 

UK Border Force officials have told staff that they are not allowed even to wear their own masks routinely at work .. as follows in the following link ...

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/05/02/border-officials-ordered-not-routinely-wear-masks/

LOL .. LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Henry Ford used the same tactic to increase his holdings of shares in the Ford Motor Co. In 1918, he led minority shareholders to believe he had turned over Ford to his son Edsel. Henry also founded a new company and made a show of taking his top employees with him.  Share prices in the old Ford Co. fell as investors scurried to get out before their shares became worthless.  The ruse worked and Henry got almost total control of Ford through no cost to himself. 

Later in his career,  he used similar tactics to generate profits on his shareholdings.  He would sell large chunks of his shares when they were trading at highs, then deliberately create situations that accelerated the fall of Ford share prices.  He once checked himself into a hospital and planted false information in the media that he had suffered a heart attack.  Share prices plummeted in response, and he restored his former holdings at bargain prices, racking up substantial profits on the difference between the price at which he sold and the price at which he bought the shares back.

That sort of market manipulation is now supposed to be illegal, but it is hard to prove in the case of an investor like Buffet who isn't involved directly in a corporation's operations. There's a strong tendency for investors to "piggyback" on whatever Buffet does because they assume he has inside information.

Evil

coronasmaller.jpg

Today, they will put you in jail and take away all of your profits.

8 hours ago, Bazle said:

The problem with anything to do with Buffett is that the news can be made to work to his advantage. He sells now, the price goes down even further, he buys back in with the proceeds, and then he has a bigger holding at no cost to his fund.

5 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Interesting, and agree he can move the market on his own.

We shall have to watch future development to see if you are right. Will you be gambling some of your millions when Delta tanks even further?😉

I'm not saying Buffett is wrong about airline stocks, merely that I wouldn't be taking any actions based on what he says he is doing.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

😁😁😁😁

Try it anywhere in the US and you're likely going to be pulling back a bloody stump. Seriously, you're not in a position to take a pummeling amigo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

Try it anywhere in the US and you're likely going to be pulling back a bloody stump. Seriously, you're not in a position to take a pummeling amigo.

Why would anybody go there ? Really ? 

8 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^^

If you ask me it is pretty unconstitutional to be locked down in your home and be ordered what to wear ! 

UK Border Force officials have told staff that they are not allowed even to wear their own masks routinely at work .. as follows in the following link ...

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/05/02/border-officials-ordered-not-routinely-wear-masks/

LOL .. LOL

I don't believe there is anywhere in the US where a person is required to wear a mask in their own home.
It is required in stores and places where people cannot stay 2 metres apart.
It really varies from state to state and city to city within some states.

Capture....JPG

• Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Capture....JPG

Well said.

Same for some on this board. The great, strong, well hung mongerers who make working girls come in 5 minutes, can drink 12 pints and are real Gogo warriors...

But scared to death by an enhanced flu, and considering a run on the supermarket (fitted with gloves and mask) like an heroic act .

Mamamia .......

28 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Well said.

Same for some on this board. The great, strong, well hung mongerers who make working girls come in 5 minutes, can drink 12 pints and are real Gogo warriors...

But scared to death by an enhanced flu, and considering a run on the supermarket (fitted with gloves and mask) like an heroic act .

Mamamia .......

You got that one - the tweet -- all turned around...
But, soldier on... 🤠

Edited by lazarus
  • Haha 2