COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Some people might find the article linked below of interest. It is looking at "superspreaders" to see if that sheds any light on the way the virus is transmitted.

https://quillette.com/2020/04/23/covid-19-superspreader-events-in-28-countries-critical-patterns-and-lessons/

I'll copy and paste the comments I found the most interesting. You will note, however, that the author makes it clear: "I am not an epidemiologist, let alone a virologist. And the data I am working with is substandard".

I was struck by how few of the SSEs [superspreading events] originated in conditions stereotypically associated with the underclass.

* Of the 54 SSEs on my list for which the underlying activities were identified, no fewer than nine were linked to religious services or missionary work. 

* Nineteen of the SSEs—about one-third—involved parties or liquor-fueled mass attendance festivals of one kind or another, including (as with the examples cited above) celebrations of weddings, engagements and birthdays.

* Five of the SSEs involved funerals.

* Six of the SSEs involved face-to-face business networking. 

These parties, funerals, religious meet-ups and business networking sessions all seem to have involved the same type of behaviour: extended, close-range, face-to-face conversation — typically in crowded, socially animated spaces. 

... high levels of noise do seem to be a common feature of SSEs, as such environments force conversationalists to speak at extremely close range.

When do COVID-19 SSEs happen? Based on the list I’ve assembled, the short answer is: Wherever and whenever people are up in each other’s faces, laughing, shouting, cheering, sobbing, singing, greeting, and praying. 

..... airplanes don’t seem to be common sites for known SSEs, notwithstanding the sardine-like manner in which airlines transport us.

• Like 2

When I sit alone -- come and get a little known

When it is bugging me , what do I really need

Is that I need is to look inside

The more I see the less I know

The more I got to let it go ...

Privately divided by a world so undecided ... 

You just have to let it go and get on down the road

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

8BB59C40-F2D9-4170-99AC-ADCB992FDC20.jpeg

🙄

Is that Hyde Park today? Jeremy Corbyn's brother was among those brainless idiots arrested.

Read literally: I am a free I am not man a number....ie senseless like the guy holding it.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Is that Hyde Park today? Jeremy Corbyn's brother was among those brainless idiots arrested.

Read literally: I am a free I am not man a number....ie senseless like the guy holding it.

He will be a number if he dies of Covid.

Anyhow, was in Lidl earlier and glad to say that most people were walking around as normal.

Really busy, big queue waiting for checkout. I shouted to me Wife "HURRY UP I''M FEELING ILL, NOT FULLY RECOVERED YET!" The queue dispersed and I was at the till in no time.

Hangover I meant, but nobody asked.

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Lack of social distancing from the police, better nick them too. 😀

Lol yes...when your local upholders of the law don't wear masks or social distance, that must tell you something.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Unfortunately he is standing up for all peoples rights even for people who dont value their own freedoms.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

When I sit alone -- come and get a little known

When it is bugging me , what do I really need

Is that I need is to look inside

The more I see the less I know

The more I got to let it go ...

Privately divided by a world so undecided ... 

You just have to let it go and get on down the road

...& just don't get fuckin' sick. 

Man, I had Dengue, H1N1, Zika,STDs  & etc.
Things you catch.
Much of my life was pretty far off the track. (cue: respectful nod to your story there, Joe).
But now I have only one mission...
Raise my daughter so she can survive.

Cue MUSIC:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wM_qR6Yihk

mini-20200512-IMG_2519.jpg

Edited by lazarus

13 minutes ago, lazarus said:

...& just don't get fuckin' sick. 

Man, I had Dengue, H1N1, Zika,STDs  & etc.
Things you catch.
Much of my life was pretty far off the track. (cue: respectful nod to your story there, Joe).
But now I have only one mission...
Raise my daughter so she can survive.

Cue MUSIC:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wM_qR6Yihk

mini-20200512-IMG_2519.jpg

Are you trying to say that you had all those illnesses?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

He's a number now ... 😉 

1F6A9854-BC0C-4DA6-ABC5-D510BD891A05.jpeg

Step aside Patrick McGoohan 😀

Too many police for me though, should have allowed them to protest- much as I think they are totally nuts, that's not the point. Hyde Park is such a huge space and obviously a symbolic choice by the protesters.They should have been allowed to protest unless there was a threat of disorder, just don't see it

Putting aside politics anyone have any insight into why they were knicked? What might they be charged with?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Step aside Patrick McGoohan 😀

Too many police for me though, should have allowed them to protest- much as I think they are totally nuts, that's not the point. Hyde Park is such a huge space and obviously a symbolic choice by the protesters.They should have been allowed to protest unless there was a threat of disorder, just don't see it

Putting aside politics anyone have any insight into why they were knicked? What might they be charged with?

I assumed for too many people gathering together , refusing to obey the police ....although looked to me to be more photographers/ film crew there ... no one arrested at the protest in Wales .. 😉 

9D76ACCB-03E6-4349-A800-C2DC901650F3.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I assumed for too many people gathering together , refusing to obey the police ....although looked to me to be more photographers/ film crew there ... no one arrested at the protest in Wales .. 😉 

9D76ACCB-03E6-4349-A800-C2DC901650F3.jpeg

Those Welsh protester were at a sensible distance😉

I do though feel very uncomfortable about that many police dragging away Corbyn's brother. Should have let them get on with it.  Christmas must be a laugh round at the Corbyns, the Trotskyite and a poor man's Ike. 

Edited by Lemondropkid

37 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

No protests needed.

The lockdown becomes more and more of a farce with each passing day here.

More and more people ignoring it and trying to go about their business as usual.

The way I hope it will go here, people getting tired of all this and reverting to normal lives. 

• Like 1