COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

5 hours ago, Washedup said:

The university of Washington predicts over half a million deaths by April in the US..bloody horrific 

5 hours ago, Washedup said:

Although deaths per capita UK worse than US 

I hope we never see this kind of needless carnage in our life times again. Same goes for our kids, grand kids etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, well, things getting better and better....

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3115208/hong-kong-fourth-wave-impromptu-covid-19

"All overseas arrivals into Hong Kong will have to quarantine in designated hotels for 21 days, starting from Friday – up from the current 14 days – as city authorities further tightened control measures in their bid to contain the fourth wave of coronavirus infections.

The only travellers exempted are those coming in from China, Macau and Taiwan, who will continue having to serve home quarantine for 14 days.

With a new variant of the virus reported to have surfaced in South Africa, Hong Kong authorities are also banning those who have stayed in that country for more than two hours within 21 days of boarding flights to the city."

Love the second paragraphe....  speaking about discrimination ...

Anyway how can you practise social distancing in places like HKG or Tokyo ?

Screenshot_20201225-045307_Samsung Internet_copy_1024x576.jpg

14 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

What a bunch of cunts 

The ones with the masks, and considering themselves a mix between a sheriff and the Messiah ? 

Yep, I agree, bunch of idiotic cunts ! 

For the one without mask, shouting about he bought a drink, well done, bloody good joke !

Hell, if you can't even have a bit of a laugh about stupidity of the world...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lazarus said:

On the (US) PBS News Hour tonight - Christmas -  it was reported that right now:

An American is dying of Covid related causes every 30 seconds.

Merry Christmas.

Covid, the gift that keeps on giving.

Still, need to keep things in perspective. From this 2016 article on world death rates, Death Rate Is 120 per Minute, the US portion is...

The United States population is 1/24th of the world population (320 million of 7.6 billion).  In the United States, 2.6 million die each year.  That is 7123 each day, 297 each hour, and 5 each minute.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Covid, the gift that keeps on giving.

Still, need to keep things in perspective. From this 2016 article on world death rates, Death Rate Is 120 per Minute, the US portion is...

The United States population is 1/24th of the world population (320 million of 7.6 billion).  In the United States, 2.6 million die each year.  That is 7123 each day, 297 each hour, and 5 each minute.

Yep...perspective.

US deaths in 2020 top 3 million, by far most ever counted

https://apnews.com/article/us-coronavirus-deaths-top-3-million-e2bc856b6ec45563b84ee2e87ae8d5e7

NEW YORK (AP) — This is the deadliest year in U.S. history, with deaths expected to top 3 million for the first time — due mainly to the coronavirus pandemic.

Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months. But preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019.

U.S. deaths increase most years, so some annual rise in fatalities is expected. But the 2020 numbers amount to a jump of about 15%, and could go higher once all the deaths from this month are counted.

That would mark the largest single-year percentage leap since 1918, when tens of thousands of U.S. soldiers died in World War I and hundreds of thousands of Americans died in a flu pandemic. Deaths rose 46% that year, compared with 1917...

...last week the CDC reported more than 81,000 drug overdose deaths in the 12 months ending in May, making it the highest number ever recorded in a one-year period...

...COVID-19 caused supply problems for dealers, so they are increasingly mixing cheap and deadly fentanyl into heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine, experts said.

“I don’t suspect there are a bunch of new people who suddenly started using drugs because of COVID. If anything, I think the supply of people who are already using drugs is more contaminated,” said Shannon Monnat, a Syracuse University researcher who studies drug overdose trends.

Edited by lazarus

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

An American is dying of Covid related causes every 30 seconds.

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

That is 7123 each day, 297 each hour, and 5 each minute.

Which is one every 12 seconds.......

Numbers need to be put in perspective. Always.

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

U.S. deaths increase most years, so some annual rise in fatalities is expected. But the 2020 numbers amount to a jump of about 15%, and could go higher once all the deaths from this month are counted.

Which rather matches the numbers of excess deaths in France

2020           2019          2018

Deces data 201207.jpg

2020 vs 2019 : + 25.898 (+ 16%)

2020 vs 2018 : +29.186 (+ 18,5%)

Of course the population of France being much less than the US, the number in volume is less shocking. But you have to compare %.

Many other factors intervene.

Look at the numbers here under, origin is an U.N. study dated 2019.

World Mortality 2019: Data Booklet (un.org)

Scroll down to page 13 and followings

The crude death rate between UK, France and US are rather close.

But look at the columns at the right (Percentage of death by age). 

The date rate in the Age 15 to 65 in the US is shockingly higher than the UK and France rate. And I don't think guns are the only cause. Maybe a general health issue like obesity, or problem like drugs and "stimulators" abuse ? 

The infant mortality an in the US is double that of France and 50% higher than that of UK

The "under five mortality"  in the US is 75% higher than UK or France (7/1000 vs 4/1000)

For those could the health care system be the reason ?

This study  is very interesting.

World mortality FR.jpg

World mortality UK.jpg

World mortality US.jpg

1 minute ago, Thai Spice said:

Many other factors intervene.

Look at the numbers here under, origin is an U.N. study dated 2019.

World Mortality 2019: Data Booklet (un.org)

Scroll down to page 13 and followings

The crude death rate between UK, France and US are rather close.

But look at the columns at the right (Percentage of death by age). 

The date rate in the Age 15 to 65 in the US is shockingly higher than the UK and France rate. And I don't think guns are the only cause. Maybe a general health issue like obesity, or problem like drugs and "stimulators" abuse ? 

The infant mortality an in the US is double that of France and 50% higher than that of UK

The "under five mortality"  in the US is 75% higher than UK or France (7/1000 vs 4/1000)

For those could the health care system be the reason ?

This study  is very interesting.

"For those could the health care system be the reason ?"

Yes, plus poverty and systemic racism.

Check the ethnicities of the people who are dying (by category) in the US.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/23/2020 at 6:18 PM, Thai Spice said:

https://asiatimes.com/2020/12/no-need-for-panic-over-uks-new-virus-strain/

A few extracts :

Viruses such as SARS-CoV-2 mutate all the time – not deliberately or even cunningly, as some apocalyptic recent coverage seems to imply, but as an inevitable accidental byproduct of the often error-strewn process of viral genome replication.

Such mutations of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which are extremely common in the natural evolution of all viruses, have been recorded in more than 130 countries, including the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Oman, Pakistan and India. There have been more than 750 new strains recorded in the US alone.

In the UK the public health response throughout the pandemic has been compromised by politically motivated indecision, half-measures and demoralizing U-turns, the latest being a confusing series of semi-lockdowns, varying from region to region, and a last-minute reversal of plans, widely condemned by scientists, to relax restrictions over the Christmas period.

funny as AT is owned by the chinese boss of 40 thieves.  taking extracts is a poor way of sharing an article I am afraid.  rwading the full article its clear you pasted simply to support you ideas and not to represent their article, which they didnt write anyway, but actually copied and pasted too

16 hours ago, lazarus said:

Yes, looks interesting. I will read it in details later at the pool ! 

Without going off topic, this confirms what I said in the political thread, i.e. that USA's biggest issue is the racial problem. It impact everything from health, chances of prosperity, safety, etc...

But that's another subject.

Just F.Y.I., this kind of sensus, study, data collection or even poll is not allowed in France. It is against the law to do any of these based on race or ethnicity. It is allowed, within certain limits, based on religion I think.

It's may seem hypocritical, but equality amongst all French is one of the pillars of our society. Written on the front of every city hall : Freedom, Equality, Fraternity. This was one of the motos of.the French Revolution.

Screenshot_20201227-054802_Samsung Internet_copy_600x1067.jpg

Hence you will never hear speaking about "Arab French", "African French" or "Asian French". 

There is only FRENCH.

Now, it may deprive us from doing some interesting social studies like the ones you linked, but that's the way it is, and personally I agree with it.

Mods : no T.F. intended, just clarifying a point further to an (interesting) link provided by @lazarus.

Edited by Thai Spice
Grammar
  • Thumbs Up 1

A little story for the UK boardies heading into Tier 5, or who know that B.1.1.7 is not part of the road classification system.

While the vid starts at the story, as always I recommend to anyone, watch the entire vid if you're not scared by "sciency stuff".

There ain't no Tier 5 you say. Just wait!