COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Just seen France could be heading for another national lockdown due to lack adherence and lack of vaccine roll out/take up. 

Surprised me .............................................................said no one ever! :default_ball:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Premier League plans to have fans in grounds at the final two rounds of matches this season, says chief executive Richard Masters.

Up to 10,000 supporters will be allowed into stadiums from Monday 17 May - provided the government is able to stick to its scheduled roadmap.

To maintain a competitive balance and ensure all 20 clubs get to play a home game with fans present, a round of fixtures will be shifted to 18-20 May.

The final round of games is on 23 May.

"Hopefully the final two fixtures of our season will have up to 10,000 supporters in them all," said Masters

• Like 1

This is a pretty good summary of the vaccination situation in the U.S., with specific reference to the state in which I'm now living.  It's important to remember that the number of vaccinations shipped is not the same as the number administered.  Since no existing Covid19 vaccine has been approved for people under 16 years,  the vaccine shipped so far is equivalent to about 46% of the population 16 or older.  However, only about 10% have been fully vaccinated and about 20% have received one shot.

This is How Many COVID-19 Vaccines Delaware Has Received So Far

Evan Comen

It has now been 12 weeks since the first shipments of the COVID-19 vaccine were sent out to states, kicking off the largest vaccination campaign in human history. As of Mar. 9, the U.S. has sent 123,232,775 doses of the vaccine across the country — equivalent to 37.7% of the U.S. population.

While the distribution of the vaccine is taking longer than initial federal projections had indicated, some states are faring far better than others. Under the current system, named Operation Warp Speed, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sends states limited shipments of the vaccine as well as funding and tasks them with distributing the vaccine in accordance with relatively loose federal guidelines. The initial distribution of the vaccine is based on the size of the adult population in every state, which — according to some experts — can create inequities in states where the spread of COVID-19 is worse and a larger share of the population is at risk.

Delaware has received a total of 389,215 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine as of Mar. 9. Adjusted for population, Delaware has received 40,242.6 vaccines per 100,000 residents — more than the national average of 37,666.6 vaccines per 100,000 Americans and the 12th most of any state.

While Delaware has so far received more vaccines per capita than the nation as a whole, the state has a need for vaccines commensurate with the rest of the country. As of Mar. 9, there were 9,168.9 confirmed cases of COVID-19 per 100,000 residents in Delaware — in line with the national rate of 8,775.1 cases per 100,000 Americans and the 24th lowest of all 50 states.

(READ MORE)

2 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

This is a pretty good summary of the vaccination situation in the U.S., with specific reference to the state in which I'm now living.  It's important to remember that the number of vaccinations shipped is not the same as the number administered.  Since no existing Covid19 vaccine has been approved for people under 16 years,  the vaccine shipped so far is equivalent to about 46% of the population 16 or older.  However, only about 10% have been fully vaccinated and about 20% have received one shot.

This is How Many COVID-19 Vaccines Delaware Has Received So Far

Evan Comen

It has now been 12 weeks since the first shipments of the COVID-19 vaccine were sent out to states, kicking off the largest vaccination campaign in human history. As of Mar. 9, the U.S. has sent 123,232,775 doses of the vaccine across the country — equivalent to 37.7% of the U.S. population.

While the distribution of the vaccine is taking longer than initial federal projections had indicated, some states are faring far better than others. Under the current system, named Operation Warp Speed, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sends states limited shipments of the vaccine as well as funding and tasks them with distributing the vaccine in accordance with relatively loose federal guidelines. The initial distribution of the vaccine is based on the size of the adult population in every state, which — according to some experts — can create inequities in states where the spread of COVID-19 is worse and a larger share of the population is at risk.

Delaware has received a total of 389,215 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine as of Mar. 9. Adjusted for population, Delaware has received 40,242.6 vaccines per 100,000 residents — more than the national average of 37,666.6 vaccines per 100,000 Americans and the 12th most of any state.

While Delaware has so far received more vaccines per capita than the nation as a whole, the state has a need for vaccines commensurate with the rest of the country. As of Mar. 9, there were 9,168.9 confirmed cases of COVID-19 per 100,000 residents in Delaware — in line with the national rate of 8,775.1 cases per 100,000 Americans and the 24th lowest of all 50 states.

(READ MORE)

Nice to see you back posting, Evil! :tu:

• Thanks 1

Uh-oh.

NSW Health has confirmed a hotel quarantine worker has tested positive for coronavirus.

It is the first locally acquired case in New South Wales in 55 days.

Stephen Conaty from NSW Health said the person had worked in two Sydney hotels with returned overseas
travellers.

"The source of the new infection reported overnight is under investigation and urgent genome sequencing is
underway," Dr Conaty said.

NSW Health would not provide any further information on the hotel worker, however Prime Minister Scott
Morrison said the individual had received their first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination.

Hotel quarantine workers were among those considered high priority for vaccination which commenced 22nd February although the date of the individual's vaccination has not been released.

Update. The worker had his first dose of Pfizer on 2nd March.

Edited by fygjam
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Thank you!  I've been busy with a few other things the past couple of months.  Unfortunately, Pattaya is beginning to seem more and more distant.

Evil

Your restaurant reviews are missing in action.... 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Do you guys have to pay for these shots or are they given for free ?

In UK the NHS ordered and has all stocks of vaccines.  Here they are free and given out in an order of priority, which prioritises elderly people, NHS.  and similar staff plus people with underlying medical conditions.  The private sector do not have access to the vaccine.

You do not have a choice of which vaccine here in UK.

Just now, john luke said:

UK the NHS ordered and has all stocks of vaccines.  Hey are free and given out in an order of priority, which prioritises elderly people, NHS.  and similar staff plus people with underlying medical conditions.  The private sector do not have access to the vaccine.

You do not have a choice of which vaccine here in UK.

Same as Australia.

Shots are free, but you can't choose which vaccine.

11 hours ago, fygjam said:

Uh-oh.

NSW Health has confirmed a hotel quarantine worker has tested positive for coronavirus.

It is the first locally acquired case in New South Wales in 55 days.

Stephen Conaty from NSW Health said the person had worked in two Sydney hotels with returned overseas
travellers.

"The source of the new infection reported overnight is under investigation and urgent genome sequencing is
underway," Dr Conaty said.

NSW Health would not provide any further information on the hotel worker, however Prime Minister Scott
Morrison said the individual had received their first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination.

Hotel quarantine workers were among those considered high priority for vaccination which commenced 22nd February although the date of the individual's vaccination has not been released.

Update. The worker had his first dose of Pfizer on 2nd March.

Apparently it takes ten to fourteen days for any real immunity to kick in, and four weeks to get the full effect.  The unlucky victim must have been infected in the waiting period.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cosceguinhas said:

Apparently it takes ten to fourteen days for any real immunity to kick in, and four weeks to get the full effect.  The unlucky victim must have been infected in the waiting period.

Also vaccination is NOT claimed to prevent infection, just moderate to severe disease.

What will be interesting is if he passed the infection on to anyone else. If he did it's going to put a question mark against the "vaccinated, free to travel".

50 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Also vaccination is NOT claimed to prevent infection, just moderate to severe disease.

What will be interesting is if he passed the infection on to anyone else. If he did it's going to put a question mark against the "vaccinated, free to travel".

Since nothing is absolutely guaranteed, I suspect that there maybe other cases similar to this but probably, hopefully in small number. As said, the vaccines don't stop infection spreading, but lower the risk of severe symptoms and the ability for the virus to stay in the system, as antibodies will fight against it as soon as it starts to multiply in the body. 

That is my understanding of it in layman's terms. I am hardly an expert and could be wrong about that

Quarantine hotel workers should be regularly tested to avoid bringing in infection from outside. The same for Prison staff. It could take just one infected warden to spread C19 through a whole Wing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Do you guys have to pay for these shots or are they given for free ?

In the U.S., the vaccinations are free.  By law, health care providers of any description cannot charge for the vaccine or for administering it.  

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

Despite alot of negativity here in USA, as far as the slow roll-out etc. Have to give props to the local Calif health care system a bit. Got a call Fri, Rachanee is now scheduled for her first shot of Pfizer Wed. Supply is doing well I guess as according to the " age" business process model they are using here, she should be still a bit later.

I asked the girl and she said yes, they do everything possible to use the "model" that is set forth here by the State of Calif, they make all the calls, send correspondence etc.etc.etc. and if those people do not get back to them, then they go farther into the next level to get people in, they are not waiting or holding any vaccines back. 

I am done with my 2 and are anxious to get her done now. All good.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Despite alot of negativity here in USA, as far as the slow roll-out etc. Have to give props to the local Calif health care system a bit. Got a call Fri, Rachanee is now scheduled for her first shot of Pfizer Wed. Supply is doing well I guess as according to the " age" business process model they are using here, she should be still a bit later.

I asked the girl and she said yes, they do everything possible to use the "model" that is set forth here by the State of Calif, they make all the calls, send correspondence etc.etc.etc. and if those people do not get back to them, then they go farther into the next level to get people in, they are not waiting or holding any vaccines back. 

I am done with my 2 and are anxious to get her done now. All good.  

Any problems with your 2nd mate?

I was reading the Pfizer can be a bit rough 2nd time round (I've had one shot of it)

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Can't wait for shops to reopen 

Gonna get a haircut first (bit of a mullet situation during lock down) then spend 500 quid on a new summer wardrobe. Clothes, not an actual  wardrobe itself. 😐

Your not the only one..

Iv got £350 in a gift card from a jacket I took back at Xmas just before lockdown, they wouldn't give me a cash refund because it was a sale item 🙈 so I'm gonna buy a few summer bits with it (hopefully holiday clothes 😆😁)

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, roomark said:

Any problems with your 2nd mate?

I was reading the Pfizer can be a bit rough 2nd time round (I've had one shot of it)

Got the 2nd Moderna vac this past Thursday. Only a little tenderness for a day or two with both of them.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Can't wait for shops to reopen 

Gonna get a haircut first (bit of a mullet situation during lock down) then spend 500 quid on a new summer wardrobe. Clothes, not an actual  wardrobe itself. 😐

I'd say given another month of mullet growth, you'll be looking uncannily like this

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3