Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

Reason no. 2,675 why Pattaya has flooding problems. My neighbor trimmed their bushes and trees over a week ago and it looks like they're leaving the debris for the next rainstorm to clean up with the smaller bits ending up further clogging the drain system.
image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 5

• 3 weeks later...

@fforest saw your post on PA about the showers on the beach footpath. So just for you a pic update from this morning. Only spotted one which is across from Soi 5.

On PA you wondered why they placed it on the footpath and not on the beach. I suspect it's because there's a law against any permanent structures within so many meters of the high tide line. That's the reason they had to tear out the retaining wall they started to build on the north end a couple of years ago.P5210001.jpg

P5210002.jpg

Didn't know had they beach games going on this weekend. They picked one of the hottest weekends of the year to host the games. I pity the competitors.P5210007.jpg

P5210008.jpg

The beach footpath destruction extends to Hard Rock.
P5210005.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

@fforest saw your post on PA about the showers on the beach footpath. So just for you a pic update from this morning. Only spotted one which is across from Soi 5.

On PA you wondered why they placed it on the footpath and not on the beach. I suspect it's because there's a law against any permanent structures within so many meters of the high tide line. That's the reason they had to tear out the retaining wall they started to build on the north end a couple of years ago.P5210001.jpg

P5210002.jpg

Didn't know had they beach games going on this weekend. They picked one of the hottest weekends of the year to host the games. I pity the competitors.P5210007.jpg

P5210008.jpg

The beach footpath destruction extends to Hard Rock.
P5210005.jpg

Thanks for taking the Photos,I was too lazy to go look myself....

In these photos, the shower does not look so bad because there is so much open space on the walkway.....But this will not be the case for the other 3 showers further down the beach..

When I said the showers should be on the beach, I meant right on the very edge of the walkway...Maybe like 3/4th beach 1/4th walkway...This would work perfectly...

Hey at least they did something good for once by putting in the showers....Its a real drag to go swimming and track the sand back into the condo.....You can NEVER NEVER get all the sand off without a beach shower.....

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know how long they've been in place, but first time I noticed the rubbish bins on the north end of the beach footpath.
P6010001.jpg

Hope there are no breaks in the electric wire insulation. If they get any lower someone is going to get clotheslined if not paying attention while walking.
P6010002.jpg

Wonder if they'll finish the new showers before the next cycle of ripping up the footpath begins.
P6010005.jpg

Surprised they're using the blue pvc pipe instead of the much more durable black pipe you see used in high stress environments.
P6010007.jpg

P6010009.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/1/2023 at 4:48 PM, forcebwithu said:

Don't know how long they've been in place, but first time I noticed the rubbish bins on the north end of the beach footpath.
P6010001.jpg

Hope there are no breaks in the electric wire insulation. If they get any lower someone is going to get clotheslined if not paying attention while walking.
P6010002.jpg

Wonder if they'll finish the new showers before the next cycle of ripping up the footpath begins.
P6010005.jpg

Surprised they're using the blue pvc pipe instead of the much more durable black pipe you see used in high stress environments.
P6010007.jpg

P6010009.jpg

By using the blue pipes it gives them a reason to rip the path up again next year. Which means more money in pockets for friends and relatives from the public purse.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2023 at 10:34 AM, andycoll said:

By using the blue pipes it gives them a reason to rip the path up again next year. Which means more money in pockets for friends and relatives from the public purse.

The fact that they continue to build directly onto sand, guarantees whatever they build will need to be rebuilt in a couple of years time. It the Thai equivalent of painting The Firth of Forth Bridge. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

So did Indian "engineers" teach the Thais or was it Thai "engineers" teaching the Indians?

A 200-metre stretch of an under-construction bridge over the Ganges in Bihar has collapsed, just over a year after another similar incident involving the same bridge. The Bihar government said that the collapsed part was deliberately pulled down because experts had flagged design flaws in the structure. The construction of the 3.1km bridge connecting Aguani in Khagaria district with Sultanganj in Bhagalpur began in 2014 and was expected to be completed in 2019. The deadline has since been extended four times.

• Haha 3