The Derek Chauvin George Floyd Murder Trial.

Kathmandu

Just now, Nightcrawler said:

So what do you think should have happened? You have already said that you think he was innocent, so do you believe that no charges should have been brought against him and that he simply should have been suspended pending internal police Dept investigations? 

If they were going to charge him...so be it...but until he was actually convicted Chauvin should have been allowed the presumption of being innocent....that is his basic right

He was not given this from Day one. The Police should have given him that right and suspended him or put on restricted duties until the end of the trial as JL said.

cheers

20 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

An appeal regarding procedure perhaps but surely if he was arrested 3 days later, would it have mattered whether he was, suspended or relieved from duty in relation to the charges made against him and the subsequent trial. 

As far as I am aware, he can only appeal against his sentence and a retrial has been ruled out. 

I am not well versed on USA law, but my understanding is that he can appeal against conviction and sentence.  

As far as I am aware the legal principle of not only must justice be done but it must be seen to be done applies.

The right to a fair trial is paramount. Whether that was ever possible with the background riots and political intervention is a valid question.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, john luke said:

I am not well versed on USA law, but my understanding is that he can appeal against conviction and sentence.  

As far as I am aware the legal principle of not only must justice be done but it must be seen to be done applies.

The right to a fair trial is paramount.

https://www.npr.org/sections/trial-over-killing-of-george-floyd/2021/06/25/1010290622/derek-chauvin-new-trial-rejected-george-floyd-murder

9 hours ago, roobob said:

If they were going to charge him...so be it...but until he was actually convicted Chauvin should have been allowed the presumption of being innocent....that is his basic right

He was on trial because of the presumption of innocence. No matter how you want to spin it.

If you think 22 years is bad, wait till they bring federal charges. You're going to bust an artery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

He was on trial because of the presumption of innocence. No matter how you want to spin it.

If you think 22 years is bad, wait till they bring federal charges. You're going to bust an artery.

As said...he was tried, judged and convicted even before he was put in front of a court.

No matter how you want to spin it.

cheers 

It was NOT George Flloyd.  GF was 6ft6in and had died years earlier in Tennessee from O/D.. The patsy was shorter than one of the cops. There were a TOTAL of 54, (FIFTY FOUR) anomalies. Search. ''Rense. CIA Derek Chauvin False Flag Fake TV Trial - Read By Miles Mathis 4-26-21''.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Tommaso_Turek said:
 It was NOT George Flloyd.  GF was 6ft6in and had died years earlier in Tennessee from O/D.. The patsy was shorter than one of the cops. There were a TOTAL of 54, (FIFTY FOUR) anomalies. Search. ''Rense. CIA Derek Chauvin False Flag Fake TV Trial - Read By Miles Mathis 4-26-21''.

Jesus f**k, every Forum has at least one full on lunatic who's village has clearly lost them.

We now seem to have two! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 6/26/2021 at 12:08 PM, roobob said:

Keep wordsmithing mate.... 555 

I thought my question was pretty simple to be honest mate!

''Do you think he is guilty or not of taking a mans life? ''

''But is he guilty of taking a mans life? ''

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Or should it be "Would he be guilty if George Floyd was a white guy?.".

I definitely get the impression we would get a different answer. 

On 6/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, roobob said:

Bottom line...he resisted arrest.

He was put in the police vehicle and all was fine. Floyd made the decision...no one else.... to resist arrest and remove himself from the vehicle where police struggled to contain him.

The fault lays fully with George Floyd....all he had to do was sit in the car after being put there by the officers...go to the station and call his lawyer. 

cheers

I agree with all that you say there, GF is guilty of escalating the problem, BUT that still doesn't give an arresting officer the right to kneel on his neck until he chokes to death after they have gained control of him.

No matter what the crime is, there is a Duty of care to be followed and it clearly wasn't.

As for the trial, I think in the modern day where everything is recorded and seeing is believing, we all watched what happened. There is no getting away from the fact of what he did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I have said first up that in  my opinion that Chauvin is innocent of the charge against him...I am sure you know the difference.

I also said the person who was responsible....or in the words you want to use....guilty.... of Floyd's death was the man himself by his actions....... and that was Floyd himself.

Like I said mate... good wordsmithing. 

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Or should it be "Would he be guilty if George Floyd was a white guy?.".

I definitely get the impression we would get a different answer. 

From my point of view Gal...if a white guy's action in this incident was the same as Floyd's... my opinion would still be the same.

cheers

I agree with all that you say there, GF is guilty of escalating the problem, BUT that still doesn't give an arresting officer the right to kneel on his neck until he chokes to death after they have gained control of him.

No matter what the crime is, there is a Duty of care to be followed and it clearly wasn't.

As for the trial, I think in the modern day where everything is recorded and seeing is believing, we all watched what happened. There is no getting away from the fact of what he did.

I differ to your opinion mate... Chauvin has been rail roaded from day one.

Looks like we agree to disagree on this.

cheers 

21 minutes ago, roobob said:

I have said first up that in  my opinion that Chauvin is innocent of the charge against him...I am sure you know the difference.

I also said the person who was responsible....or in the words you want to use....guilty.... of Floyd's death was the man himself.

Like I said mate... good wordsmithing. 

cheers

What Roo Bob he committed suicide mate ??

Blimey ..... where is me old mate GrayRay when ya need him for a dumb Aussie opinion.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, roobob said:

I differ to your opinion mate... Chauvin has been rail roaded from day one.

Looks like we agree to disagree on this.

cheers 

I am very surprised by your view, but am happy to agree to disagree! :default_fun:

Hopefully no ''wordsmithing'' in there for ya! :default_ball:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am very surprised by your view, but am happy to agree to disagree! :default_fun:

Hopefully no ''wordsmithing'' in there for ya! :default_ball:

I am very surprised by your view  but also am happy to agree to disagree.

Glad you bypassed the wordsmithing this time...555

cheers 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

Blimey ..... where is me old mate GrayRay when ya need him for a dumb Aussie opinion.

If he remained in the car and did not get out and resisted arrest... all would have been ok.

If you want to call that suicide....as they say...up to you.

My opinion may be different to yours...but to me it is not dumb...... and I have never called any posts you have made as dumb....even if I disagreed with them.

Let me apologise for being an Aussie member...I did not know that the main criteria to have a different opinion on things here that one had to be British.

cheers

Edited by roobob

In the good old US of A people resist arrest all the time.

They get cuffed, poked with sticks, maced, kicked, etc. Some are also beaten, choked. and/or shot. Eventually they end up in a jail cell.

A few of them die. It happens. Seems to happen more often to big black guys, but I'll let Evil add the (white v. black) statistics.

Officer Chauvin was an angry Minneapolis cop with a sadistic streak in him.

Did he kill George Floyd?  - Yes.

Did he have to?  - No, but he was a bad cop and a sadist.

. . .

"... Chauvin’s record registered 17 public complaints against him, but Coughlin’s went unreported, partly because of civil unrest in her neighborhood in Minneapolis’s third precinct... "

On the Anniversary of George Floyd’s Murder, Derek Chauvin Has a New Accuser

https://lawandcrime.com/exclusive/an-objections-podcast-exclusive-on-the-anniversary-of-george-floyds-murder-derek-chauvin-has-a-new-accuser/

I

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

10-4 on this one Stew. ^^^^

And for some who may be tempted to throw race into the equation..... Nope

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Lately, I'm wondering if Boo Boo is a troll from another place. 🌝

7 hours ago, nampla69 said:

where is me old mate GrayRay when ya need him for a dumb Aussie opinion.

Unfortunately, that position has been filled by rooboob

• Haha 1

Another view - even if the cop was wrong, it is also true that Black Lives Matter was irresponsible and sad opportunists to encourage destruction of downtowns (that mostly harmed black business or franchise owners) and allow beatings and murders on account of this event.

Equally irresponsible was the mainstream media’s acceptance and encouragement of the destruction of peoples financial livelihood (mostly minorities in downtown) and worse are the municipal governments which accepted this and prosecutors who failed to uphold the law for the protection of others.

Irresponsible as well, we’re those who named a school and other public areas after a many times over violent convicted criminals (harming a pregnant mother etc, extensive drug use of the most serious type etc). 

When ever this name is mentioned, all wrongs should be mentioned.  

• Like 2