Introduce yourself to the Forum

Hey Guy's

I have lived in Thailand for the past 16 years, first 11 in Pattaya, last 5 here in Nong Sanom, bout an hr. North of Sakon Nakhon. 66 years old, white guy, retired from construction industry, enjoy painting, (No, I don't want to paint your house !  HA! HA!), I paint landscapes, portraits, abstract stuff, etc., etc., golf, cooking, gardening. We have a small farm here, raising pigs, ducks, chickens, fish and fresh vegetables.

The wife is Thai, but speaks very little English and I'd like to talk to some people, and read about English matters once in a while. I am one of the only Farangs in my village, think there are 2 more, but haven't met them.

Look forward to joining,

Thankx ! 

Scott

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

32 minutes ago, Daveo said:

We moved from soi Chaiyapoon (soi pothole) 15 months ago as pothole went bar crazy, we needed more space, wanted to cut back on workload so no rooms? found our current location which is perfect.

313910880_3345237279079061_1244360110022328987_n.jpg

WTTB. Good to hear the new location is working out well for you.

For those that don't know, here's the new location on Google Maps.

image.jpeg

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Canterbury+Tales+Bookshop+-+Pattaya./@12.9261036,100.8904373,17z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x31029563a4d41549:0x5514195cbff47985!8m2!3d12.9247764!4d100.8911818!16s%2Fg%2F11hqdvqb1t?hl=en&entry=ttu

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Daveo said:

Hi, I'm Dave from Canterbury tales bookshop/book exchange - lived in Pattaya 21 yrs now.

Hi Dave

I've been into CT a few times when it was on Soi Pothole and had a few breakfasts there (well, lunch is breakfast to me in Pattaya). It used to be fun watching the guys going into and coming out of the Massage places over the road...

Depending upon how they walked in, and if they staggered out or came out smiling, that would determine my next visit.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 4:03 AM, SCOTTIEDAM said:

Hey Guy's

I have lived in Thailand for the past 16 years, first 11 in Pattaya, last 5 here in Nong Sanom, bout an hr. North of Sakon Nakhon. 66 years old, white guy, retired from construction industry, enjoy painting, (No, I don't want to paint your house !  HA! HA!), I paint landscapes, portraits, abstract stuff, etc., etc., golf, cooking, gardening. We have a small farm here, raising pigs, ducks, chickens, fish and fresh vegetables.

The wife is Thai, but speaks very little English and I'd like to talk to some people, and read about English matters once in a while. I am one of the only Farangs in my village, think there are 2 more, but haven't met them.

Look forward to joining,

Thankx ! 

Scott

Hi Scott

Welcome to the Forum, It would be great to hear of your experiences and how you find life up Country mate. Sounds like you've got a great, relaxed and chilled lifestyle which many of us would envy.

On 1/15/2024 at 4:59 AM, Tango 29 said:

Hi from me.  Looking forward to participating in this forum.

Hi Tango, Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FarangBear said:

Hi!

Guy in my mid 40's that been to Thailand quite a few times, most of them when being married to a thai girl in my younger years. Been single for a few years and ready to m..... 

Ready to mate? 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi new to 247 live in Pattaya just over a year now from Melbourne Australia where its cold 9 moths of the year and the other 3 go from.....well summers are short lets say.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi, My name is Abhishek from India. I am going first time Thailand Trip in March 2024. Please suggest me what to do and what no to do during trip. Also, My flight from Bangkok is at 10:30 am on 21st March 2024. Is there any bus or van from Pattaya at 6:00 in the morning? 

5 hours ago, Abhishek Singh said:

Hi, My name is Abhishek from India. I am going first time Thailand Trip in March 2024. Please suggest me what to do and what no to do during trip. Also, My flight from Bangkok is at 10:30 am on 21st March 2024. Is there any bus or van from Pattaya at 6:00 in the morning? 

Welcome.

I think if you use the search facility you may find a lot of info for your needs. Have a look at topic headings as well or write a few specific questions and somebody should have an update for you.

• Like 3

Big Hello 🖐️🖐️🖐️ to all our recently joined Members.

Feel free to get stuck in and contribute, the Mods here are very good, members are friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, dumbdag666 said:

Hi everyone

Been a long time visitor to Thailand and plan to retire out there in October'ish

Also been a long time member of PA but just found this forum

Welcome to the forum mate. Another lucky guy going to be living my dream and retiring to LOS !.

Are you planning to retire in Pattaya or up country?.

On 2/12/2024 at 4:08 PM, Wandering Monger said:

Hey all!

Long time monger in SoCal. Mainly AMPs and TJ. Going on a month trip to SE Asia and going to pay my respects to Pattaya this trip. Last trip was Feb/Mar 2020 (remember that?) so wasn't what I had hoped.

Cheers

Welcome and please share your experiences.