Post a picture showing the weather where you are now.

john luke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been lovely here up until yesterday, a little cloudier today but still warm. I took this photo on my shift last night, it was 28C when I went to work at 1715 and I love the sun but I have to wear a flak vest for my security job and end up sweating like a pig for the first couple of hours of my shift until the sun goes down:

rsz_img_2016.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 11:28 PM, Glasseye said:

rainy.jpg

That’s hilarious…..the place I spent most of my time up in Chiang Mai, Smith Residence, there was a long-time resident from Vegas. During one afternoon session at our condo, he mentioned this song, never heard of it and went on my laptop to download it on Limewire-remember those days? 
Everybody knew Gary, some of the British guys didn’t like him too much as he could be a very abusive drunk, but I couldn’t help but love the guy…..not a BS artist, was ex-military and I really enjoyed his stories. Fluent in German too. I believe he was big on the Angeles & Phuket scenes in early 2000’s, and while he was not destitute, think I heard he lost big on a few investments that forced his move to CM. Even found a Secrets board post where he was judging a bikini contest in AC

Almost never use ThaiVisa, one time I did found it he passed in 2016 at age 69….fairly young, but hardly surprising given how he drank. Looked very healthy my last trip New Year’s 2012…..but stuff can go sideways in a hurry

4 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

That’s hilarious…..the place I spent most of my time up in Chiang Mai, Smith Residence, there was a long-time resident from Vegas. During one afternoon session at our condo, he mentioned this song, never heard of it and went on my laptop to download it on Limewire-remember those days? 
Everybody knew Gary, some of the British guys didn’t like him too much as he could be a very abusive drunk, but I couldn’t help but love the guy…..not a BS artist, was ex-military and I really enjoyed his stories. Fluent in German too. I believe he was big on the Angeles & Phuket scenes in early 2000’s, and while he was not destitute, think I heard he lost big on a few investments that forced his move to CM. Even found a Secrets board post where he was judging a bikini contest in AC

Almost never use ThaiVisa, one time I did found it he passed in 2016 at age 69….fairly young, but hardly surprising given how he drank. Looked very healthy my last trip New Year’s 2012…..but stuff can go sideways in a hurry

Nice story man. Glad I shook a memory.

And yes, CM is a very nice place for a poor man to live. For that matter... for anyone to live.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

The beauty of rainy season is worth it.   The green is beautiful. The rice fields are awesome to see now.

What part of the city/province you stay at? Condo/house? Damn the homes you can rent for way under $1K USD are way nicer than the same back home…,,CNN ticker yesterday showed some crazy stats- 30 year is now 7.23%, median 🇺🇸 home payment gone from $1,250 to $2,300 in under 2 years….whoa

13 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

What part of the city/province you stay at? Condo/house? Damn the homes you can rent for way under $1K USD are way nicer than the same back home…,,CNN ticker yesterday showed some crazy stats- 30 year is now 7.23%, median 🇺🇸 home payment gone from $1,250 to $2,300 in under 2 years….whoa

Hang Dong, near Kad Farang. Pay 12,000 baht for a 3 bed, 2 bath....Anything breaks the landlord fixes. Just had a new top of the line A/C unit put in. Didn't cost me a dime.

You could rent a fcuking mansion here for $1k U.S.

• Like 2