Post a picture showing the weather where you are now.

john luke

31 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Certainly enjoyed the few I had from beach road last time 😍,I'll skip the sailor bar😄tho I've heard of a legendary place called Bush mountain hmmm😁

I think my first trip in 2008, and also my long one in 2009-10, I was binding myself to what the Internet said about FL all being trouble, at least paying a BF you have “recourse”, they all have diseases & will spike your drink when you’re not looking, etc……

Technically my first companion, ever, was a FL, an hour after landing my “concierge” on Soi 11 BKK just sent one up. But after that, I don’t think I took one the whole 22 days I was in Pattaya, due to all the warnings. 

The long trip soon after, I remember taking one from Lucifer, she was sweet but I was paranoid(and pissed), telling her “you see these CCTV cameras, don’t F—k me over” or similar….I laugh about it now, because there is absolutely nothing wrong with FL ladies IMO, just use common sense

Now Bogota with the scopolamine……I’ll only be drinking bottled beer and twisting the caps off myself. Again, the odds that it will be you are slim, but way higher than getting drugged or robbed in Thailand 

• Thumbs Up 1

Down at Ban Phe.  The tourists are back.  In the malls and on the beach, I've seen many more Westerners than I've seen in the last couple of years.  Germans, Scandinavians and Russians (spit) mostly.  Some Koreans in the mix, too.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Anyway, Happy father's day, y'all.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've received similar (same same but different) pics from my sons today in Wiltshire.... Whereas here it is too bloody hot for this time of year !!!

About 5 years ago I remember sitting in Butsy's opposite Buakhao market with my fleece jacket on bloody freezing !!!

Is Butsy's the same owner Les as the one that was opposite Soi Wongamat?.

Used to eat there a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the morning digging drain ways to deflect lots of water from my house & garage. My previous retention set-up failed. So it seems I still remember how to dig a ditch. Soaked to the bone twice

Relaxing now, just finished a cup of tea and a slice of pie that I made. Still raining. Got to love that Pineapple Express!

Just read this report...

San Francisco rainfall breaks daily all-time record, second-wettest day ever

A strong atmospheric river has landed in California and is bringing heavy rain across the Bay Area on New Year’s Eve. This specific type of atmospheric river is often called a “pineapple express” because of how quickly it helps transport water vapor from Hawaii to the West Coast...

By noon on Saturday, San Francisco’s rainfall had already broke the daily record for the most ever recorded on New Year's Eve, the National Weather Service tweeted. The previous record was in 2005, which was 2.12 inches. Saturday had already seen 2.96 inches as of mid-day. Precipitation records in downtown San Francisco go back to 1849. Meteorologist Jan Null tweeted that the rainfall total has now reached the second highest in history for any day. The National Weather Service confirmed that the city has seen 4.78 inches of rain — second only to Nov. 5, 1994, when 5.54 inches were recorded.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/weather/article/California-rain-snow-storm-17684042.php

Capture.JPG

Capture.7.JPG

Edited by lazarus
added tweet
  • Thanks 1

Oh my... there's a "Bomb Cyclone" coming in soon...

Forecasters warned residents around the Bay Area to be ready.

“To put it simply, this will likely be one of the most impactful systems on a widespread scale that this meteorologist has seen in a long while,” according to a National Weather Service forecast. “The impacts will include widespread flooding, roads washing out, hillside collapsing, trees down (potentially full groves), widespread power outages, immediate disruption to commerce, and the worst of all, likely loss of human life.

“This is truly a brutal system that we are looking at and needs to be taken seriously.”

. . .

‘Brutal’ storm hitting Northern California on Wednesday could be worse than New Year’s Eve deluge

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Storm-hitting-Northern-California-Wednesday-could-17689953.php

Screenshot 2023-01-02 203257.jpg