Post a picture showing the weather where you are now.

john luke

1 hour ago, Painter said:

I've been back nearly 4 weeks. It's rained on every day bar 3. This morning yet another gale along the Solent.

I'm supposedly not returning to Thailand until October, but last Friday's miserable weather had me looking at flights for next week....

A bit breezy here as well today , but blue skies ☀️ .... hotter days are just around the corner 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Painter said:

I've been back nearly 4 weeks. It's rained on every day bar 3. This morning yet another gale along the Solent.

I'm supposedly not returning to Thailand until October, but last Friday's miserable weather had me looking at flights for next week....

Feel your pain!

I'd already booked a one way flight "home" next month.

Aside from the weather was missing the food after a day in the UK. An unhappy triple of more expensive, lower quality ingredients and less flavour ( comparing similar types of venue).

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, Painter said:

Hate to ask the inevitable question, but isn't it spring time over there now and the weather gets a bit better or is this just a rare occurence? 

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Hate to ask the inevitable question, but isn't it spring time over there now and the weather gets a bit better or is this just a rare occurence? 

In theory it's spring, yes. As to whether it gets better from here on, we can only hope so! Apparently it's been this wet and miserable all winter...

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Painter said:

In theory it's spring, yes. As to whether it gets better from here on, we can only hope so! Apparently it's been this wet and miserable all winter...

Last year summer was pretty wet and miserable so hopefully this year will be better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man its just baking hot in Pattaya today......Too hot to walk.....Pattaya is not a nice place in April or May....Very unpleasant place to be...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

Yep its cooking on gas mark "f**k off hot" here in the village.

Mrs smiler is at a funeral right now of a guy who died of heat stroke last week. He used to live in a shack near some of her land. Would use the ponds on her land to bathe and do laundry in. She used to describe him as 50/50 in as much as he wasn't all there and certainly during the last 3 or 4 years he had a yabba problem.

Guess this should be in the "Amazing Thailand" thread but I said to Mrs smiler I was sorry to hear about the guy and to pass on my condolances to his mum. She said not to worry, the mother will be sad but happy that she will get her share of the life insurance of one million baht the family took out on him.......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

24 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Yep its cooking on gas mark "f**k off hot" here in the village.

Mrs smiler is at a funeral right now of a guy who died of heat stroke last week. He used to live in a shack near some of her land. Would use the ponds on her land to bathe and do laundry in. She used to describe him as 50/50 in as much as he wasn't all there and certainly during the last 3 or 4 years he had a yabba problem.

Guess this should be in the "Amazing Thailand" thread but I said to Mrs smiler I was sorry to hear about the guy and to pass on my condolances to his mum. She said not to worry, the mother will be sad but happy that she will get her share of the life insurance of one million baht the family took out on him.......

Well he was near the end of the road I guess a life insurance policy was not a bad idea...

Edited by fforest

I hear all of you, it has been 100 degrees or more here in Minburi for the last 8 days. It is supposed to get even HOTTER every day as we go into next Tuesday, topping out at 104 degrees......geez and for me it seems like the humidity is down, this feels more like Las Vegas in July weather. 

Can't wait to get back to Calif in June.......got tickets to see John Waite, Foreigner & Styx and see some Baseball you know? 

IMG_3123.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I got the aircon on virtually 24/7, i'll just pay the bill whatever it may be, ''i can't put a price on my comfort''

In the 17 years i've lived here i can't ever remember it being sooooooooooo hot.....

Paid my bill a few days ago. Up from the usual 2400B to 2700B. Not too bad, but I expect the next bill to be even higher.

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Paid my bill a few days ago. Up from the usual 2400B to 2700B. Not too bad, but I expect the next bill to be even higher.

My Electric bill is usually between 1,400 to 1,600 but the one I just paid was 3,200....I just cant stand to sweat in the condo....Most of the year fans are all I need but in April and May aircon is a must...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

You're lucky lol, wifey's just paid our last bill at 5800B and that was before i had the aircon 24/7, i'm fully expecting our next bill to be circa 8/9000B !!!

Its only money lol 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

My Electric bill is usually between 1,400 to 1,600 but the one I just paid was 3,200....I just cant stand to sweat in the condo....Most of the year fans are all I need but in April and May aircon is a must...

Just now, Pumpuynarak said:

You're lucky lol, wifey's just paid our last bill at 5800B and that was before i had the aircon 24/7, i'm fully expecting our next bill to be circa 8/9000B !!!

Its only money lol 

I only cool the master bedroom at night and a smaller bedroom that I use as a home office during most of the day.

• Thumbs Up 1