The Health, Diet and Exercise Thread

galenkia

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Many years ago my sac started to swell up a bit. Of course, I went to the doctor. He said that it was caused by a fluid build up (there is a thin membrane around your nuts, sometimes fluid gets into it).  He said not to worry about unless it continues. Many years passed.

Then they started to get so big that it really began to bother me. I remember some of the girls commenting, "Wow, you have really big balls", lol. I knew then it was time.

I then went in for out-patient surgery. Talk about pain.... Jesus Christ.

Following that I sat around in my apartment with a jock strap (I still have the jock strap) full of ice packs for two weeks and a bottle of oxy on the table next to me. That was when I learned how shitty oxy is, becasue it makes you contstipated. Try squeezing out a log when your ball sack has just been cut opened....5555 

After recovering from that is when I began plans for my next trip over here. The rest is history.

**** I had a friend that weighed about 350-400. He had the same thing happen. He let his swell up to the size of a fucking cantalope. 

Just to continue the subject of bollocks.

When I was 36 I had a vasectomy at a clinic in the West End of London. I remember I was one of three guys in a sort of conveyor belt and we were all as nervous as hell but trying to put on a brave face.

When it was over and my dick had decided not to completely disappear I was full of relief and nervous energy. Absolutely no pain ( still full of local anesthetic I suppose) and being a beautiful summers day I decided to walk through the West End and pick up my direct tube line at Leicester Square.

Walked another 10 minutes at the other end still feeling no pain. Decided to change from my suit into something more comfortable only to find to my horror that my boxers were full of blood me having pulled the stitches. I had been told not to drive to and from the clinic (nowhere to park anyway) but I ended up driving to Barnet General for the amusement of everyone I told of my predicament.

Basically they all thought I was behaving like a big girls blouse.

35 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just weighed myself after my six week trip .... I am actually four pounds lighter.... very happy and pretty shocked ...even with too many deserts ( most not shown in the food thread .. 555 ) and too many visits to the chocolate bar section of 7/11 ....

:default_party-smiley-048:

Ye see all that horizontal exercise has paid off 👌

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Just to continue the subject of bollocks.

When I was 36 I had a vasectomy at a clinic in the West End of London. I remember I was one of three guys in a sort of conveyor belt and we were all as nervous as hell but trying to put on a brave face.

When it was over and my dick had decided not to completely disappear I was full of relief and nervous energy. Absolutely no pain ( still full of local anesthetic I suppose) and being a beautiful summers day I decided to walk through the West End and pick up my direct tube line at Leicester Square.

Walked another 10 minutes at the other end still feeling no pain. Decided to change from my suit into something more comfortable only to find to my horror that my boxers were full of blood me having pulled the stitches. I had been told not to drive to and from the clinic (nowhere to park anyway) but I ended up driving to Barnet General for the amusement of everyone I told of my predicament.

Basically they all thought I was behaving like a big girls blouse.

Lol !

I had failed to mention. During the above proceedure I summarized I got the snip as well.

I was leaking blood for at least a couple days. Had towels on the couch, so there were no major accidents. It was basically from the couch to the toilet and back for at least a week.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Few pics of my gal pal Miss "Arm". Bachelors Degree in Finance. Works at "Farmhouse" big food distributor at their main facility here in Minburi.  Of course when taking a pic of any of these gals they tell you "Oh I look terrible" They are all quick to show you some "good pics" of themselves too. 

She told me to wait, she will be back in a minute or so, goes to her locker, brings her Ipad out to me and shows me some pics of her and her girlfriends dressed to the 9's. Clubbing photos from the previous weekend I was shown....damn, nice. I mean seriously

She tells me she goes out with her friends for dinner, then they go over to this club locally here. I have seen this place at night here, place is huge, big crowds etc right? 

I asked her "So how much do drinks cost at this place"?  She pulls me close to her, tells me " Mike, I don't know, we never have to buy drinks" with this big grin on her face. Then she asks me "If you saw me here, would you buy me a drink"?  I told her " Of course, then we go back to my house later for a little cardio right"? She said "Maybe...." 

Great gals at this gym...

IMG_0110 (1).jpg

IMG_0112 (1).jpg

IMG_0113 (1).jpg

Ouch....   Heading to the gym today. The best I will probably see is the cleaning lady pushing around the broom and dust pan, of course annoying the hell out of me when she is doing so. Although I admit she is probably less of a distraction to my lifts than your lady friend in orange.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just weighed myself after my six week trip .... I am actually four pounds lighter.... very happy and pretty shocked ...even with too many deserts ( most not shown in the food thread .. 555 ) and too many visits to the chocolate bar section of 7/11 ....

:default_party-smiley-048:

You probably burned off a few hundred calories that night you were walking around looking for your hotel room.

5555555 !

• Haha 1

On my 3rd of a 7 day course of antibiotics.

I know they kill the good bacteria in the gut as well as whatever you're taking them for so I'm drinking some Kefir to try to replace it.

This morning was similar to Dunkirk - a mass evacuation & so I weighed myself afterwards & have lost 1.3kg in two days.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I know they kill the good bacteria in the gut as well as whatever you're taking them for so I'm drinking some Kefir to try to replace it.

This morning was similar to Dunkirk - a mass evacuation & so I weighed myself afterwards & have lost 1.3kg in two days.

I've been taking a probiotic daily to replace the good bacteria that gets killed off. And like you I've been having to stay close to the bathroom as the antibiotic does play havoc on the digestive system.

image.jpeg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Try to stay steady mate. Sometimes those bastards take a long time. Stay with the kefir. Those mass evacs can be an indicator the your boddy is really working to push the bad shit out, although very unpleasant and can totally fcuk a day (or several days).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I've been taking a probiotic daily to replace the good bacteria that gets killed off. And like you I've been having to stay close to the bathroom as the antibiotic does play havoc on the digestive system.

image.jpeg

I have a small Yakult everyday ( the low fat one if possible ) , in Thailand every 7/11 stocks them 

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I have a small Yakult everyday ( the low fat one if possible ) , in Thailand every 7/11 stocks them 

The last time I was on antibiotics it was for a dodgy stomach,think I picked it up in an Indian restaurant whilst working in Bucharest.This time it's for an infected tooth.

Activia sell a really nice strawberry yoghurt drink over there but not in the UK.When I returned I asked them why not & the answer I got was something like 'Because we don't'....great shame.

45 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

The last time I was on antibiotics it was for a dodgy stomach,think I picked it up in an Indian restaurant whilst working in Bucharest.This time it's for an infected tooth.

Activia sell a really nice strawberry yoghurt drink over there but not in the UK.When I returned I asked them why not & the answer I got was something like 'Because we don't'....great shame.

Pretty sure Tesco's sell Activia Yoghurt in Strawberry. 

I usually buy Strawberry and the blueberry one.

• Like 1

Article with interesting info on the different probiotics. I looked it up as I was curious what the difference was between Yakult with 20 billion active bacteria and the the acidophilus complex I'm taking with only 1 billion active bacteria.

Top 12 Lactic Acid Probiotics: Lactobacillus Reuteri, L Casei And More

L. acidophilus

The health benefits that earned L. acidophilus the coveted title of probiotic include:

immune system modulation
lowering cholesterol
improving lactose metabolism
preventing and treating infection
reducing bloating (NCFM strain)
suppressing cold and flu symptoms in children (NCFM strain)

L casei shirota

Lactobacillus casei shirota is a strain of L. casei. It appears to have been isolated by Dr Minoru Shirota, a Japanese microbiologist, in the 30s when he was looking for a bacterium that could survive the acidic trip down the human gullet to the gut. Dr Shirota went on to found yakult, now a global purveyor of probiotic products based around this particular strain.

This probiotic species can relieve constipation. However, evidence on whether it can help relieve the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is conflicting. One study suggests that L. casei might alleviate symptoms of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). A clinical trial also demonstrated that it can improve symptoms of norovirus (a gastrointestinal infection) in the elderly.

17 hours ago, lazarus said:

409448073_267221429679301_3517237825485246881_n.jpg

That is a poncy all too complicated way of going protein heavy.

Just cut out all carbs from ones diet and what is left to eat is basically all protein and you are guaranteed to lose a ton of excess weight.

My cardiologist (🤣) told me on Monday that it is carbs that are the real killers.

wtf are "chia" seeds?

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

wtf are "chia" seeds?

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/food-features/chia-seeds/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/291334#benefits

'google' is a new invention that I just found... 

. . .

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Just cut out all carbs from ones diet and what is left to eat is basically all protein and you are guaranteed to lose a ton of excess weight.

sounds about right. 🙂

Screenshot 2023-12-11 013904.jpg

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Guess you and Graham aren't that close anymore..? 🤣

mmmmm.jpeg

Edited by lazarus
bon appetit

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

My cardiologist (🤣) told me on Monday that it is carbs that are the real killers.

wtf are "chia" seeds?

My cardiologist told me that protein is what anybody with a heart condition should be concentrating on. I have upped my protein and really lowered my carb intake. I will normally have my carbs mostly in the morning.

Thing is some want muscle mass as well and up their carbs, but I like looking puny so go for a higher protein ratio. Saying that, I may join a gym this week so may need more carbs in my diet but will try to concentrate on complex carbs when eating.

I have chia seeds on my Greek yoghurt and muesli.  Have health benefits as below:https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/health-benefits-chia-seeds

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1