What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 minutes ago, tko said:

What is that?

Rapid flow covid test

Stick a cotton bud down your throat and up your nose, add it to some liquid  pour the liquid in the test strip. Within minutes you get a positive,  negative,  or confused code. A line by the C means negative. 

Handed out for free to anyone in the UK as part of our track and trace scheme. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Painter said:

Rapid flow covid test

Stick a cotton bud down your throat and up your nose, add it to some liquid  pour the liquid in the test strip. Within minutes you get a positive,  negative,  or confused code. A line by the C means negative. 

Handed out for free to anyone in the UK as part of our track and trace scheme. 

Is there not another way to identify and eliminate the covid 19 virus?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Yes put a tin foil hat on and spout bollocks.

Isnt that what happens after you've been vaccinated??!

Incidently,  but only relevant to UK based BMs, my first pack of lateral flow tests was ordered from the Gov.uk website, and posted to me. (1 box of 7 tests)

After my dentists appointment this afternoon I popped next door to the covid test centre. Collected 2 boxes of 7 tests, no questions asked, no id needed, just walked in, asked, picked up 2 boxes, and left.

• Great Info 1

1 minute ago, Painter said:

Isnt that what happens after you've been vaccinated??!

Incidently,  but only relevant to UK based BMs, my first pack of lateral flow tests was ordered from the Gov.uk website, and posted to me. (1 box of 7 tests)

After my dentists appointment this afternoon I popped next door to the covid test centre. Collected 2 boxes of 7 tests, no questions asked, no id needed, just walked in, asked, picked up 2 boxes, and left.

After seeing your post earlier, I ordered a pack from the website too, I got the impression they want you to do two tests a week, every week. Not that I will be doing that.

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

After seeing your post earlier, I ordered a pack from the website too, I got the impression they want you to do two tests a week, every week. Not that I will be doing that.

I tend to use them on a day that I'm seeing other people. If I know I'm not going to be meeting anyone that day I miss that test and do it another day.  You're supposed to register the results on their website, but if T+T dont know who's collected them anonymously T+T can't chase you for results. I think it's a case of being sensible with when you do them.

Enjoy sticking the swab down your throat and up your nose!!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Painter said:

I tend to use them on a day that I'm seeing other people. If I know I'm not going to be meeting anyone that day I miss that test and do it another day.  You're supposed to register the results on their website, but if T+T dont know who's collected them anonymously T+T can't chase you for results. I think it's a case of being sensible with when you do them.

Enjoy sticking the swab down your throat and up your nose!!

I have done 3 PCR tests before and struggle with it.

Your idea of a quick test before the dentist for example resonated with me.

20 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have done 3 PCR tests before and struggle with it.

Your idea of a quick test before the dentist for example resonated with me.

Must say the nose, for me, isnt as bad as I was dreading, although the instructions say only stick it up inch. The throat, however....

🤮

2 minutes ago, Painter said:

Must say the nose, for me, isnt as bad as I was dreading, although the instructions say only stick it up inch. The throat, however....

🤮

It's the throat I have a problem with too, the instructions say you can do both nostrils instead, so that is how I did my last PCR test and got a proper result. These instructions say similar so that is what I will do again.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, boydeste said:

It's the throat I have a problem with too, the instructions say you can do both nostrils instead, so that is how I did my last PCR test and got a proper result. These instructions say similar so that is what I will do again.

On a positive note it means we know you don’t deep throat ladyboys. Anyone not protesting about gagging on the swab we have a right to question 🤔🤡

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am going into town this morning and whilst there I am hoping to pick up some test kits from a Pharmacy 

Never been rested before and only had the 2 vaccine doses. I read somewhere that we can request these kits by post each week. 

1 box of 7 by post from govt website, or 2 boxes of 7 from pharmacy or test sites. Not sure if all pharmacies stock them though... I dont think our local ones do, but the council offices have them. My local test centre, where I got my kits yesterday, are in the next town 12 miles away

Edited by Painter
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bob lt said:

There is a testing centre near me but I avoid it. It could be full of people that have Covid.

I arrived at the one I visited dead on opening time yesterday. I saw at lease 10 staff, and no one else. From what I've  heard the 4 centres within 20 miles of me are all the same.... deserted....

They are all appointment only, no walk in PCR tests available. Only walk ins allowed are to collect lateral flow tests, where no appointment is needed

Edited by Painter

31 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am going into town this morning and whilst there I am hoping to pick up some test kits from a Pharmacy 

Never been rested before and only had the 2 vaccine doses. I read somewhere that we can request these kits by post each week. 

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

They arrive Royal Mail 48 hour delivery but both mine so far arrived next day.  Each pack contains 7 testing kits and they seem to be suggesting 2 tests per week.  There is an NHS website to send result however I don't think it is compulsory.

https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result

There is a registration process for both sites so one is not anonymous.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, john luke said:

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

They arrive Royal Mail 48 hour delivery but both mine so far arrived next day.  Each pack contains 7 testing kits and they seem to be suggesting 2 tests per week.  There is an NHS website to send result however I don't think it is compulsory.

https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result

There is a registration process for both sites so one is not anonymous.

Thanks. I think I will skip the pharmacy and order online when I get back home. Its a lovely day outside. 

Just spent £1509.20 paying for 2 years of pension contributions. I will now receive a full state pension as I will have enough qualifying years.  

I had continued paying my National Insurance stamp when I lived in Thailand for 15 years and I am glad I did.  All in all these 2 years remaining will give me a full state pension in July and the cost should cover itself in less than 3 years, beyond that it is a bonus if I keep fit.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1