What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

15 hours ago, galenkia said:

Got the job. So happy, it's brilliant. Just got to do a load of form's as they are dealing with insurance claims, they're hoping get me started in a week.

f**k it, gonna treat myself to a nice fat bar of chocolate 🍫 as a reward.🤣

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2022 at 12:24 PM, galenkia said:

Just logged in to internet banking app and had £1,042,06 paid in under 'sundries'.

Guess it maybe from my previous employer, but the payments always shows the company name.

f**k it,a grands a grand.🤣

Got a letter from the bank today, turns out this is a PPI repayment from years ago. At least I know it's actually legit and not a mistake payment in the account. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Just been to a funeral, she was only 59 , known her and her husband for 35+ years , very sad .. especially when their daughters ( 20 and 23 ) read a poem 😢

Sorry to hear that mate, far too young. Only 6 years older than me so makes you think. 

We all think we are going to live longer than we actually are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Anyone know how to fill in forms emailed to you?. 

Just been sent a load from my new employer, but how do I fill the form in?. 

I can download them but what do you do next?. 

If they don't auto fill in then I would print out, fill them in, scan and email back to the company. If you can't scan them just fill in and sent by mail to the company.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, galenkia said:

You should be able to type in the spaces on the form , then just email back ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

You should be able to type in the spaces on the form , then just email back ? 

Won't do it. And there is fucking pages of form's. Got 8 downloads and it's 26 pages in the first two. I don't have a printer either so don't know what the f**k to do. 

Go on the dole probably.🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Won't do it. And there is fucking pages of form's. Got 8 downloads and it's 26 pages in the first two. I don't have a printer either so don't know what the f**k to do. 

Can you print off at library or via the agency that set up the interview? Or contact the sender and ask if you pick up physical forms ..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Can you print off at library or via the agency that set up the interview? Or contact the sender and ask if you pick up physical forms ..

I'm gonna have to try the library, probably have to take out a mortgage to pay the printing charge.🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Does every page need filling in or is it just a few. Can't imagine all the pages you mention are meant to be filled in. Did the email specify what they require from you. Most of the documents I ever got were only requiring a signature, some even expected use of DocuSign which would be mentioned in the email.

Maybe a call to the agency/company to specify their expectancy from you as the amount of documents sounds unusual.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Maybe check acrobat reader.... It is kind a pain in the ass getting it figured out, but something once you get the hang of kind of need. Look for something called "form filler". 

I don't know for sure though mate. Do a search with "form filler" and you may find what you are looking for.

• Thanks 1

@galenkia

If it is not too far to travel, have a drive over to the firm, probably mid morning or early afternoon.  That gives you the opportunity to introduce yourself to staff, hopefully some you will be working for.  They may even let you use their computer to fill in the forms.

In any event, that is positive action by yourself; you had a problem and sought help from them.  Firms lose a tremendous amount of money and working time through staff not knowing what to do and then doing the wrong thing which makes matters worse.

Hope this assists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, galenkia said:

A mono laser printer can be had for about a hundred quid with next day delivery.

What is the format of the forms. You can get applications which  allow you to edit .PDF files. If they are in MS Word format (.DOC or .DOCX) then MS Office or LibreOffice (free) can edit them.

• Thanks 1

Another option is to go to a full service print shop. Many of those places are set up with computers you that have all of the needed software on them. I used the form filler app to complete my passport application the other day and it worked perfectly. The also had nice staff who helped me work through all of it. Any files I downloaded were removed prior to ending the service but it was worth it. Saved a ton of headaches

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, galenkia said:

Convert the forms to .jpg and fill them in with something like paint.net.  Then return them to .pdf format with something like PrimoPDF.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, john luke said:

@galenkia

If it is not too far to travel, have a drive over to the firm, probably mid morning or early afternoon.  That gives you the opportunity to introduce yourself to staff, hopefully some you will be working for.  They may even let you use their computer to fill in the forms.

In any event, that is positive action by yourself; you had a problem and sought help from them.  Firms lose a tremendous amount of money and working time through staff not knowing what to do and then doing the wrong thing which makes matters worse.

Hope this assists.

Firms also spend a significant amount on the recruitment process, esp with agency fees. As they appear very happy with you I'm sure they will provide assistance. 

Good news. We won!

Mind you, at 3 all with 10 minutes to play it was touch and go. A missed penalty didn't help, and their goalie played a blinder.

A red card helped, and we won in the 5 minute of extra time caused by Mr Angry not wanting to get off the pitch when

he was told to....

This lady was very verbal in her support, and frustration when things didn't fo the home teams way...

20220326_173728.jpg20220326_174607.jpg20220326_173259.jpg20220326_173610.jpg

locals stand

20220326_161403.jpg

all in all, a great evening out. 4 adults (3 thai, one farang) and two "under a metre", drinks and snacks all round, under 500b.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

At the moment I'm wondering why Gareth Southgate is unsure what a boycott of the Qatar WC because of Human Rights abuses will achieve...

And yet he is absolutely convinced that the World will change their habits by players kneeling down, clapping, wearing special armbands/wristbands/shirt motifs and colourful laces...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3