What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Was just checking "Impact Arena" schedule in the couple of months. Sadly, this will be the 3rd year in a row now that I have to miss the Bangkok Motor Show. 😂

Wonder if these lovelies will be there again this year? 

IMG_8675.JPG

IMG_8676.JPG

Probably can find them on OnlyFans...& Patreon!

• Thumbs Up 2

Being bored. 

2 weeks now since my redundancy. I ain't really found it easy adjusting to having nothing to do each day. As much as my job used to stress me out and piss me off, I am starting to miss it. I miss my mates and the laughs. The lack of social contact is getting to me as well. I'm still on work hours sleep wise so am awake 3/4am everyday. It's not like having a week off work as you appreciate the time as you know you are back at work next week. Gonna have to look for a job just to fill the day and get to speak to someone. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 6

I am genuinely sorry that you are having trouble adjusting, perhaps take a trip somewhere to give you new interests and break the boredom. 

I retired at 51 (well planned for) and have never for one day, in the 25 years since, regretted it. I bought a small motor home and traveled for a few years, went to SEA for the first time and discovered Thailand and was never bored again. 

Some people really enjoy working, my FIL got redundancy at 62, with 6 months on paid leave...... He lasted 5 weeks and had a new job. I wish you the best of luck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Being bored. 

2 weeks now since my redundancy. I ain't really found it easy adjusting to having nothing to do each day. As much as my job used to stress me out and piss me off, I am starting to miss it. I miss my mates and the laughs. The lack of social contact is getting to me as well. I'm still on work hours sleep wise so am awake 3/4am everyday. It's not like having a week off work as you appreciate the time as you know you are back at work next week. Gonna have to look for a job just to fill the day and get to speak to someone. 🤣

About a year and a half ago was in the same boat after 20+ years offshore,thanks covid,know the feeling mate,first if you havent already,  apply for universal credit, make sure you get back some off the cash youve paid into robbing tax system,have a look at indeed job site upload cv ect,,and as someone said try to find something to occupy a good part of your day,even a good long walk clears the head,dont give up,i almost did,good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Finishing work is definitely a life changer - I took early retirement myself but was able to work part time for the same employer in the summer months and travel in the winter and had it good for the first ten years; covid came along just as I was starting to have second thoughts about the seasonal employment  - I was getting tired of increasing big corporation bureaucracy and onerous safety rules, and covid was the icing on the cake, so to speak - I decided to throw in the towel and retire for good and haven't regretted it since, even after being stuck at home for two winters; I can always find things to do in the summer months but winters are long here and can get quite boring. We all fall into certain routines whether we are working or not but I'd rather follow my routine than one dictated by others, lol...

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/13/2022 at 12:08 PM, Yessongs said:

Was just checking "Impact Arena" schedule in the couple of months. Sadly, this will be the 3rd year in a row now that I have to miss the Bangkok Motor Show. 😂

Wonder if these lovelies will be there again this year? 

IMG_8675.JPG

IMG_8676.JPG

Boydeste and I caught that show 2 or 3 years ago. It was a great day even though I had the shits. 

car 1.jpg

car 2.jpg

• Like 3

Tesco Neath were 161.9 yesterday morning, this morning they are 166.9. Surprised as Tesco are meant to be cheaper than the surrounding stations where I got 159.9 this morning at Texaco. There is a petrol station (unmanned) at Asda which is 155.9 as of yesterday.

Creeping up big time though. Most of my petrol is used taking the wife to work but as it is getting warmer with longer days she will probably start to use the bus more. 

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Tesco Neath were 161.9 yesterday morning, this morning they are 166.9. Surprised as Tesco are meant to be cheaper than the surrounding stations where I got 159.9 this morning at Texaco. There is a petrol station (unmanned) at Asda which is 155.9 as of yesterday.

Creeping up big time though. Most of my petrol is used taking the wife to work but as it is getting warmer with longer days she will probably start to use the bus more. 

According to this story prices should start dropping shortly if it doesn't shoot up again. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60737256

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/14/2022 at 3:03 AM, galenkia said:

Being bored. 

A few years back after about 5 years into retirement I was finally situated where I could work (and wanted to) a part time job. I did it more for something to do and wanted to work at something (in doors) with physical activity (other than lifting weights and the daily walks). So, I found a job at a near by target working in the stock room. All I had to do was fill up bins with stock and then move the bins out onto the floor. It was hard work (up and down ladders, fast paced, etc.), but I rarely had to deal with customers (which was good because I usually hate stupid people). I was really enjoying the job. But.... then they changed my assignment to working the floor, strickley stocking and organizing shelves and "assisting" idiots. They also started fucking with my hours - some weeks getting only a few hours, some weeks working every day. 

I pleaded with the management to give me some kind of regular schedule. That went nowhere quickly, so I got out of that gig.

Since then I have been to LOS twice for long stays and I'm preparing to return for good soon. Then Covid cane along and I was too anxious to jump in until that straightened itself out. So, for now I'm in another holding pattern. 

I reckon when I get settled back in CM I will find enough things to keep myself busy in the new environment. For the first year or so language school I'm sure will keep me busy, along with perhaps some volunteer work. Looking ahead there may even be the possibility of a small business, but that is distant.

Being bored over there is different here than over there IMO. Over there are many more things that interest me that can fill up a good part of the day. Most importantly I almost always have a smile on my face. Then I tie in my normal routine (walking, working out, cooking a nice meal, computer time, etc) I expect that I will be well contented.

Being bored over here sucks, and the day is often met with negative reminders of why I want to get the fluck out of here.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I had a very painful 2 hour walk today.

I really struggled to keep walking for the final hour carrying my shopping (4kg juice, 2kg Sato, 1 kg sundries). I purposely make my return leg away from the Baht Bus route so that there is no temptation to give in..

The mornings are getting hotter too

Yeah, My feet and lower legs hurt like heck after my walks lately, and I stay stiff for a long period after.

Yet.... my walks have become a high priority for me lately, and if I don't get at least an hour to 1.5 hours in of serious walking I get bummed. I power through the pain as I know that will ease in time. I also know that if I don't continue to make them a priority I am basically doomed.

I have come to the point where conditioning is critical. With some of the conditions/habits I have... not doing so will surly lead to an early death. I've worked too hard and enjoy life too much to "let myself go". So, I bare with a little pain and stiffness, knowing that it will benefit me big time.

If you are finding that it is really bad, probably better to make some adjustments. Perhaps shorter walks, and to make up for it take two shorter walks rather than one long one. Another thing is perhaps go earlier in the day. Not always easy, but once you get adjusted to it things will be normal.

Fight through the discomfort. Keep it up. But don't push it too hard. Our bodies can become very well conditioned, even at our age. But .... it takes much longer, and we have more to overcome. Give yourself time. Heck, what else are you going to do. Sit around and get shit faced on wine all day. That can get real old too, and cause a lot more pain than a long walk. 

Keep it up bro... you'll be fine. It's amazing what 2 or 3 months of regular walking can do. At first you don't notice anything and it can become discouraging. But if you give it some time you will begin to see results and that will give you momentum.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Another thing is perhaps go earlier in the day.

I like to hit Friendship at 0730 as they have fruit juices at around 50 Baht/litre  at the moment and I had to buy 4 more ready for my weekly brew tomorrow. The timing fits perfectly for my Sato shop which opens at 0800. Fever opens at 0900 but I was too early to pop in...

I like to have reasons to walk as it gets me out of my pit through necessity!

Friday will be the Sato resupply for a weekend of footie!!

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Yeah, My feet and lower legs hurt like heck after my walks lately, and I stay stiff for a long period after.

Yet.... my walks have become a high priority for me lately, and if I don't get at least an hour to 1.5 hours in of serious walking I get bummed. I power through the pain as I know that will ease in time. I also know that if I don't continue to make them a priority I am basically doomed.

I have come to the point where conditioning is critical. With some of the conditions/habits I have... not doing so will surly lead to an early death. I've worked too hard and enjoy life too much to "let myself go". So, I bare with a little pain and stiffness, knowing that it will benefit me big time.

If you are finding that it is really bad, probably better to make some adjustments. Perhaps shorter walks, and to make up for it take two shorter walks rather than one long one. Another thing is perhaps go earlier in the day. Not always easy, but once you get adjusted to it things will be normal.

Fight through the discomfort. Keep it up. But don't push it too hard. Our bodies can become very well conditioned, even at our age. But .... it takes much longer, and we have more to overcome. Give yourself time. Heck, what else are you going to do. Sit around and get shit faced on wine all day. That can get real old too, and cause a lot more pain than a long walk. 

Keep it up bro... you'll be fine. It's amazing what 2 or 3 months of regular walking can do. At first you don't notice anything and it can become discouraging. But if you give it some time you will begin to see results and that will give you momentum.

I was hoping to get into some daily walking this winter but there was just so much snow that it didn't work out too well - once spring hits and the roads and trails start to dry up it's going to be back into the hiking and biking so I can fit back into my tropical clothes when the time finally comes...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Bit of a scratchy throat and a cough just started ... just home tested and negative 🙏

Absolutely pissing down today .... afternoon in front of the tv watching Cheltenham.... 🐎 

Pissing it down here too. In the pub enjoying a few beers, meeting my neighbour at a local Indian for a thank-you meal. They check on my house whilst I am away. 

• Like 3