What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Dropped my son at his mates house this afternoon and driving back over the Clifton Suspension Bridge I was behind this old Lotus Elan - a 1991 model and very much of its day. 

4E13C7F9-1C4E-490F-B431-7A4CB9EE6B27.jpeg

Edited by AJSP
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Painter said:

Good news. We won!

Mind you, at 3 all with 10 minutes to play it was touch and go. A missed penalty didn't help, and their goalie played a blinder.

A red card helped, and we won in the 5 minute of extra time caused by Mr Angry not wanting to get off the pitch when

he was told to....

This lady was very verbal in her support, and frustration when things didn't fo the home teams way...

20220326_173728.jpg20220326_174607.jpg20220326_173259.jpg20220326_173610.jpg

locals stand

20220326_161403.jpg

all in all, a great evening out. 4 adults (3 thai, one farang) and two "under a metre", drinks and snacks all round, under 500b.

Taking wifey to see our resident pro team, The San Jose Earthquakes Soccer. Have not been to a professional game since maybe 1981...when George Best was with the team. 

Any do's or dont's I should consider? 

IMG_8403.JPG

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Taking wifey to see our resident pro team, The San Jose Earthquakes Soccer. Have not been to a professional game since maybe 1981...when George Best was with the team. 

IMG_8403.JPG

Don't have a fight, CCTV everywhere these days, it's why I behave myself.😀

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

IMG_8403.JPG

Things you should do:

1. Wear a giant hat like one of those novelty sombreros

2. Shout abuse at the referee and linesmen

3. Start a Mexican wave. Even if it is just you and the wife doing it the whole stadium will appreciate your effort.

4. For a spot on your local evening TV news try a pitch invasion. Get the wife to do it with you and run in different directions to confuse the security guys. Your wife should probably take off her high heels but you should keep yours on for extra comedy effect.

Enjoy the game and let us know how it goes. 👍

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Things you should do:

1. Wear a giant hat like one of those novelty sombreros

2. Shout abuse at the referee and linesmen

3. Start a Mexican wave. Even if it is just you and the wife doing it the whole stadium will appreciate your effort.

4. For a spot on your local evening TV news try a pitch invasion. Get the wife to do it with you and run in different directions to confuse the security guys. Your wife should probably take off her high heels but you should keep yours on for extra comedy effect.

Enjoy the game and let us know how it goes. 👍

We have a sombrero man at Ranger's, been there long as I can remember. Sits in the stand opposite where I sit. Legend. Hangs a Cuban flag in front of where he sits.

0_JS180923278.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

We have a sombrero man at Ranger's, been there long as I can remember. Sits in the stand opposite where I sit. Legend. Hangs a Cuban flag in front of where he sits.

0_JS180923278.jpg

Added bonus of having a Vuvuzela. Top man!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/24/2022 at 6:41 PM, galenkia said:

They are a company that deals with insurance companies claims. So basically assess damage, repair or write off, and are now getting more involved in the sale and salvage side of complete bikes or parts. I'll be working in the part's side of the business, so getting parts ready for sale and dispatching them. They sell a lot of parts on ebay. They are really expanding that side of the business. Heartbreaking to see some of the bikes being broken. Some proper limited edition stuff. Couldn't believe it when the manager told me that they had over 1000 bikes out on loan to customers with ongoing claims. Company is way bigger than I expected. 

Just picked this up and I'm really chuffed as nuts for you mate.

Hopefully this will lead onto bigger and better things.

I know it is early days, and I know you're not open to corruption, but if you happenstance upon a GPZ900R A1 please give me a PM, and I'm fairly sure that brown envelope on over there the floor is yours.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Looking forward to my microwave showing the correct time from tomorrow ... for the next six months anyway 😉 

Same with my motorcycle, rarely use it in winter so don't both to alter the clock.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Yessongs said:

IMG_8403.JPG

I’m watching the Oilers right now…..they beat the Sharks 5-2 the other night. I never thought Evander would be a good fit , but he has been so far…..

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/24/2022 at 3:24 PM, galenkia said:

Got the job. So happy, it's brilliant. Just got to do a load of form's as they are dealing with insurance claims, they're hoping get me started in a week.

f**k it, gonna treat myself to a nice fat bar of chocolate 🍫 as a reward.🤣

Brilliant news, am delighted for you🙂

Was away last week, so was intrigued to find out what job you'd got and went back for a scan of this thread. Absolutely perfect for you with the bikes and a bit of physical activity.

You'll be hanging around the place on your days off😀

• Haha 1